Emotional eaters unite for encouragement

Options

Replies

• susanjean62
    susanjean62 Posts: 200
    Options
    You look amazing. I like the same kind of sweet food. You are almost there. What an inspiration!
  • susanjean62
    Options
    My dad also passed away 3 years ago. My sympathy is with you. Very hard to lose someone you love. Our dad's would want us to be happy and healthy. We can do this!
  • Oncebittentwiceshy38
    Oncebittentwiceshy38 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Please add me! I struggle with emotional eating too, lost 65 lbs a couple of yrs ago but never learned how to keep it off. Keep fighting the same 30 lbs now and want to actually lose a lot more.
  • susanjean62
    Options
    Thank you and know you can do this also. Weight sure has a way of creeping up on us. Look forward to reading your post.
  • susanjean62
    Options
    Nice to meet you. You have such a great attitude about getting healthy and being honest. Way to go. Please stick with it. Your'e worth it!
  • susanjean62
    Options
    I have also lost and gained too many times. Going to get to the bottom of these emotions and get back in control. You will make it!
  • susanjean62
    Options
    Yea! I'm rooting for you. Nice,positive attitude:smile:
  • susanjean62
    Options
    Please feel free to join my group(Food and feelings):smile:
  • susanjean62
    Options
    Please feel free to join my group(food and feelings):smile:
  • susanjean62
    Options
    Please feel free to join my group(Food and feelings):smile:
  • susanjean62
    Options
  • gaelicgal70
    Options
    Hi!

I don't know how to join your group (and I would love to), so I just wanted to say to all of you emotional eaters - please add me as a friend!

I read somewhere recently that if you want to know the reason why you eat emotionally, stop doing it and then describe your emotions.

Well, I feel like a drug-crazed lunatic who would slap my momma in order to get to the food... because I feel TOTAL PANIC!

I think about binging EVERY SINGLE DAY because I want to have the feeling of calm that I have when I'm absolutely full (as in WAY TOO FULL). If only it didn't come with massive weight gain, low self-esteem, constant negative self-talk, and lack of self-confidence!

Thanks for listening.
  • ahende3
    ahende3 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Feel free to Add me, I know that I have been an emotional eater my entire life, my family does this as well.....I can use the support and I can definitely be supportive!
  • susanjean62
    Options
  • kea208
    kea208 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    sign me up!!!!! Iknow exactly what you are talking about.
  • sharonglantz
    sharonglantz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    passover was here.i thought id keep track of my food and stay on track.well,i didnt.i ate til i couldnt breathe.why.i wish i knew.my friend also on fitness pal also didnt do great on passover.we both ate too much.the thing i feel good about is,the next day i got back on track with my food and exercise.its a way of life and we have to forgive ourselves when we screw up because the next day we can back on the healthy way of eating and living.
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I just joined a few days ago. all the people in the group or those who struggle with this are welcome to friend me:)
  • witrixie2011
    Options
    Guilty as charged!! Would love to have some like minded friends to help me stop the vicious cycle!
  • TinaCleg
    TinaCleg Posts: 87
    Options
    Great topic Susan! There are a lot of people who struggle with this, including me. You are going to find great support here!
  • KGamelin116
    Options
    I agree, this is a great topic. A lot of people who have never had weight issues before (like my husband!) can't understand what it is like to be an emotional eater. I was going through a very stressful and dangerous time in my life and I took a lot of it out on food. I wound up gaining 50lbs in 11 months. Now i'm in the process of taking it off and more! As emotional eaters, we need to learn ways to channel our emotions and stress into other things - like talking to friends about it or working out! Please friend me if you'd like!