Emotional eaters unite for encouragement

Options
1235»

Replies

• LovingKay
    LovingKay Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    This is the support that I was looking for! thanks for starting it. I really need the support. I am an emotional eater when my emotions run high/low. I celebrate and commiserate with food. I lost 49 pounds by October last year and then when stressors in my relationship and work changed/increased, I took less time out for me to exercise and eat right. I ate...yummy and not so yummy things. Then I grew bored and ate more. I still am down 30 pounds but to have gained 19 pounds in 5 months when it took me 8 months to lose 49... I feel sad but hopeful. I refuse to quit! I slipped but I refuse to stay down! I am in the middle of a spring detox. So this would help me be accountable, mindful and stable in my actions of eating and exercise as my emotions, do what they do: emote. Please add me everyone! We can do this and support one another along the way!
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    no actually it doesn't. I have been an emotional eater and recovered. I found them to encourage me to know I can talk about my trigger points and journal to open that awareness and because of that I have not only lost 74 pounds but am finding the root causes. the only way it can continue the cycle is by having an emotional eating pity fest. this all about other eaters uniting together to support one another to encourage them to recover. I am an emotional eating success story.
    Having a bunch of emotional eater as friends?

Won't that just continue the cycle?

I think you need friends that are you know . . . a bit more rational about their eating . . . .
  • littlebugs_momma
    Options
    I'm a major emotional eater, and that's tied strongly to being Bipolar I. I'm always on board for new friends, feel free to add me!
  • disneygirltoo
    Options
    I am definately in. I just ate an entire pepperoni pizza for lunch and am thoroughly disgusted with myself. I deal with stress...by eating. I deal with problems...by eating. Lately I have found that even when I plan on choosing something healthy, when I get to the store or place my order I choose something totally different. I thnk I see food as my only reward. Any suggestions for changing this pattern are appreciated - I hate this endless cycle!
  • BdBoop
    BdBoop Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    New to the Message Boards but not new to mfp. Debating on spending my money of WW again but think this may be a better option. I know what I should eat...............until I have an anxioius moment and then I reach for a salty, starchy carb. HELP! :-)

As a leader in a faith based support group, I know there is strength in Community. Some things are easier to conquor than others. My alcoholism was much easier to deal with than this problem with food!
  • clyn7819
    clyn7819 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm choosing to go this route instead of rejoining my weight watch program. I have been through 2 programs and know that my problem is emotional eating. I believe in group support and encouragement. I found the lady that lost so many lbs above,said that when she tackled the root causes, you can begin to let go & lose weight. I think this is true. A book I might suggest is:

The Yo Yo Diet Syndrome by Dorren Virtue.

Another quote I recently saw was, "You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete." by Buckminster Fuller.
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    UHG. Food is SUCH a drug for me. I use it for everything. To celebrate, to cheer me up when I'm down, you name it. I've been this way all my life. I wake up thinking of what I want to eat and I always have as long as I can remember. I don't have all that much left to lose but I log on every day and am super active here. My diary is wide open and would love to have as many supportive friends as I can get. Add me :)