Need a Low Carb / Low Sodium Pasta, any suggestions??

Options
2»

Replies

• shellylb52
    shellylb52 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Try Quinoa pasta. They make it in spaghetti noodles as well. I secretly put them in my last batch of spaghetti and my husband didn't even notice. :tongue:
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    The beauty of pasta is that is is a pure carb. Don't destroy beauty.
    Carbs are teh debil.

OP just have a small portion of real, regular pasta.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Instead of using traditional pasta, try using Spaghetti Squash!

2nd this!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I use whole wheat pasta (because my family actually likes it). I just use a little less of it, and add more veggies.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    You don't need pasta to go italian, consider eggplant parm or a zuchinni lasagna
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    If you also have some parmesan then do some eggplant! The other suggestions of spaghetti squash, yaki(yucky) noodles will work... When I want pasta though I just do whole grain Ronzoni or Barilla to get a good taste and high fiber.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Dog poop.

It'll taste better than most of these suggestions.
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Try mixing spaghetti squash in with half the amount of pasta. The spaghetti squash will bulk up the portion size.
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I make a lasagna with almost no noodles, i replace all but two layers of pasta with layers of zuccini and eggplant. Top with a lighter sprinkling of cheese... I make it meatless to compensate for the extra cheese fat
  • vodkoffee
    vodkoffee Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Zucchini noodles. :)
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Shiritaki noodles? They are very low carb and quite good as a pasta substitute.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    if you are going low-carb then increase your fat. FAT IS GOOD FOR YOU!! I dropped 12lbs below my lowest adult weight going high-fat and this was after dropping 10lbs in the previous 6 months.

I've used spaghetti squash, broccoli, sauteed colorful peppers. Why not just a big bowl of meat and sauce? Mostly meat
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    if you are going low-carb then increase your fat. FAT IS GOOD FOR YOU!! I dropped 12lbs below my lowest adult weight going high-fat and this was after dropping 10lbs in the previous 6 months.

I've used spaghetti squash, broccoli, sauteed colorful peppers. Why not just a big bowl of meat and sauce? Mostly meat

Completely this^

BTW, spaghetti squash, zucchini, eggplant, and other shredded veggies do NOT taste bad. Try it, you might like it. And processed "low carb" pastas are a LIE. Eat real food.
  • ADStanfield25
    ADStanfield25 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone suggesting Dreamfield's if you have to have pasta. I use the Dreamfields Angel Hair...ready to go in 6 minutes, and tastes wonderful!
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    GF pasta