How Important Is Your Music to You Workouts?

Options
13»

Replies

• VeeBethTris
    VeeBethTris Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I couldn't function with all my workouts without music but I just read USAT rules for my upcoming Sprint Triathlon. NO personal mp3 players, iPods, anything. UGH How am I going to make it without music??
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Very important! If the music isn't right, I feel so unmotivated.
  • vleebow
    vleebow Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have literally walked out of the gym if I get there and forgot my earbuds. Yes, that is somewhat extreme, but I can't lift without music.

HILARIOUS! I've done that as well. So, no...not extreme to me.
  • vleebow
    Options
    I couldn't function with all my workouts without music but I just read USAT rules for my upcoming Sprint Triathlon. NO personal mp3 players, iPods, anything. UGH How am I going to make it without music??

Seriously?! I'd ask for my money back, based on those rules. Ha!
  • milesvictors
    milesvictors Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I actually hate listening to music when I workout. I prefer to be able to focus completely on my own body and the signals it gives me. Music gives me the excuse and opportunity to tune out and not pay as close attention. I like feeling and concentrating on my breathing, concentrating on the movement of my muscles and tendons, etc. With music everything gets really "muted", hard to focus on the things that matter when working out. This ESPECIALLY applies to my cardio, both indoor and out.
  • vleebow
    Options
    I was just wondering if we were in the year 2002? Why are you guys getting tired of your own playlists when you can just listen to thousands and thousands of different and new songs through Pandora or some other internet radio? I haven't listened to my own music in a couple of years and don't plan on it anytime soon.

Oh, don't get me wrong-I love Pandora, but the small shuffle Ipods don't have Pandora on them. And I can't workout with my larger Itouch or Phone. They're too bulky. I wish the smaller shuffles came with Pandora...
  • vleebow
    Options
    I turned around and drove home once when I realized my mp3 player was dead after getting to the gym. lol.

I'm not that much of a slack-*kitten* anymore, but yeah, have to have some music.

Glad to hear there are others out there that have done this. I thought I was the only crazy one. LMAO!
  • vleebow
    Options
    Music is VITAL! To the extent I customize my playlists on a weekly basis. Using EDM for Cardio & Hip-Hop/Reggaeton for Weights. Essentially whatever gets you hyped for each...

Sounds like we have the same playlist...
  • vleebow
    Options
    Glad to see I'm not the only that ties their workouts to music.

And KUDOS to those of you that can work out without music! My brain & body need it to push through a workout and/or run. LOL.
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering if we were in the year 2002? Why are you guys getting tired of your own playlists when you can just listen to thousands and thousands of different and new songs through Pandora or some other internet radio? I haven't listened to my own music in a couple of years and don't plan on it anytime soon.

I've always been the kind of guy that doesn't like radio. Pandora and other internet radio services aren't really any different...just less commercials. I've tried pandora, slacker, etc and still can't get into using them. I'd much rather spend 20 minutes putting together a good playlist of songs I know and love and am positive can motivate me.
  • VeeBethTris
    VeeBethTris Posts: 301 Member
    Options

Seriously?! I'd ask for my money back, based on those rules. Ha!

Seriously, LOL, I was major bummed but it is something called the Angel's Race. Big charity event around here I have been wanting to do for 11 years since they formed it when one of my daughter's friends died at 13 and their parents for this foundation. I am finally fit enough at 50 to do a Sprint Triathlon. I will suck it up and do it but let me tell ya....my voices in my head won't be happy without music to keep them company
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    HUGE. I listen to dubstep on Pandora, and some of the songs start off all slow and emotional or electronic... I need something with a deep beat that makes me wanna hit someone square in the face. Throw the weight at the roof!