Options

Replies

• TruthinBeauty
    Options
    my sentiments exactly! ha
  • Griffin220x
    Griffin220x Posts: 399
    Options
    Alright well apparently karma decided to smack me a new one. (Magerum you're gonna love this)

Had a meeting with my agent today (I'm an actor) and he told me that even though my body looks great, all the eating well and exercising has leaned out my face, and it's confusing for casting directors when they want me to be playing young characters but my face looks so angular. He told me that it would really be in my interest to gain some weight. Ironic because over the last year I HAVE gained weight, but I've dropped body fat so... I look thinner.

Anyway, had been doing 3000 cal pretty damn clean, but the idea of eating more (aiming for 4000) clean seems daunting as hell. I don't want to make all 1000 calories processed easy calories and I'd still like to avoid gluten if at all possible, but if it ends up I have to do that... well... guess someone's gonna cave to the ice cream and pop tarts... lol

Any ideas? Anybody out there who bulks/has bulked clean?

What is this "clean" eating you speak of?

there's a reason i put quotes around it. everyone's got a different interpretation, but we all generally know what i mean.

I don't know what that means, that's why I asked So do you wash your foods to get rid of germs and muck? Are there dirty foods? I'm sorry, I have never heard that foods were described this way. Is whey a dirty food because it is processed, how about beef since it is not as lean as turkey does that make it filthy? I suppose bread is dirt as well:( If so does that make my diet unclean? I must be doing something wrong.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    BEER
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    Alright well apparently karma decided to smack me a new one. (Magerum you're gonna love this)

Had a meeting with my agent today (I'm an actor) and he told me that even though my body looks great, all the eating well and exercising has leaned out my face, and it's confusing for casting directors when they want me to be playing young characters but my face looks so angular. He told me that it would really be in my interest to gain some weight. Ironic because over the last year I HAVE gained weight, but I've dropped body fat so... I look thinner.

Anyway, had been doing 3000 cal pretty damn clean, but the idea of eating more (aiming for 4000) clean seems daunting as hell. I don't want to make all 1000 calories processed easy calories and I'd still like to avoid gluten if at all possible, but if it ends up I have to do that... well... guess someone's gonna cave to the ice cream and pop tarts... lol

there's a reason i put quotes around it. everyone's got a different interpretation, but we all generally know what i mean.

I don't know what that means, that's why I asked So do you wash your foods to get rid of germs and muck? Are there dirty foods? I'm sorry, I have never heard that foods were described this way. Is whey a dirty food because it is processed, how about beef since it is not as lean as turkey does that make it filthy? I suppose bread is dirt as well:( If so does that make my diet unclean? I must be doing something wrong.

you're cool.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Apart from just saying "eat what you're eating now, just more of it" it sounds like you want calorie-dense foods. Those would be fats.

Others have suggested sources of fat that you'll likely not object to (avocados etc). If it seems daunting, I don't know that starchy foods are going to do it for you. They might. See how it goes, but I think it'll still seem a little daunting and overly filling

For the least amount of food you need to consume for greatest amount of calories, stick with fats.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Have real fun and become a dirty boy again
  • mikegl1
    mikegl1 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Protein powder maybe?
  • leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options

oh.... you're so cute. Unhelpful but cute.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Do you drink coffee or tea? Some people make that bullet proof coffee or something. What about adding coconut oil to your shakes and smoothies? Are you cooking all of your veggies in oil? Do you eat gluten free pasta? It has as many calories as regular pasta.
  • Guillotined
    Guillotined Posts: 115
    Options
    Fat dense foods are going to have a lot of calories. Olive oil or grape seed oil add alot.of easy cals. As someone else said, blenders are your friend. Chicken and beef go a long way. You're not very big so I can't imagine your caloric needs being much more than 2500-2800.
  • Griffin220x
    Options

you're cool.

Something we agree on.
  • Griffin220x
    Options

Why thank, but I am being realistic. Too many people get confused by the terms clean and dirty. What is clean to some might not be clean to others.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

Why thank, but I am being realistic. Too many people get confused by the terms clean and dirty. What is clean to some might not be clean to others.
    oh thank you wise one... why didn't i consider using quotes around the word clean for that very purpose...

wait... a... minute...
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    Fat dense foods are going to have a lot of calories. Olive oil or grape seed oil add alot.of easy cals. As someone else said, blenders are your friend. Chicken and beef go a long way. You're not very big so I can't imagine your caloric needs being much more than 2500-2800.

nah dude, been doing 3000+ for over a year and while i've gained a little weight (7 pounds), i've dropped significant body fat so i look thinner. i also have been training hard.

i'll need way more than 2500 if i'm gonna see any change.
  • Griffin220x
    Options

oh thank you wise one... why didn't i consider using quotes around the word clean for that very purpose...

wait... a... minute...

May I ask what is with the underlying sarcastic insults? Are too insecure to provide a counterargument? Did I just destroy your "clean" paradigm?

wait... a... minute...
  • CoachReddy
    Options

wait... a... minute...

May I ask what is with the underlying sarcastic insults? Are too insecure to provide a counterargument? Did I just destroy your "clean" paradigm?

wait... a... minute...

really? you've been nothing but sarcastic in this thread since the get go. i recognize that clean means different things to different people and have said as much.

i appreciate the responses from folks who were actually interested in helping. thanks y'all!
  • Guillotined
    Guillotined Posts: 115
    Options
    No way dude. You must be confusing net calories with total consumed calories. If you are getting a daily net calorie intake of more than 2800 calories and not gaining weight, then you are are counting WAY wrong. In other words, you need 2800 calories surplus. You eat 2800 if you do nothing all day. If you do heavy activities or exercise worth, let's say 700calories, then you'd need to eat 3500 cals worth of food. I haven't looked at your profile but I'm assuming you're 5'10ish and maybe 175-180 lbs. If I'm wrong, correct me.
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    No way dude. You must be confusing net calories with total consumed calories. If you are getting a daily net calorie intake of more than 2800 calories and not gaining weight, then you are are counting WAY wrong. In other words, you need 2800 calories surplus. You eat 2800 if you do nothing all day. If you do heavy activities or exercise worth, let's say 700calories, then you'd need to eat 3500 cals worth of food. I haven't looked at your profile but I'm assuming you're 5'10ish and maybe 175-180 lbs. If I'm wrong, correct me.

totally sorry misinterpreted what you were saying.

i'm actually even smaller than that, haha, but the issue like I mentioned earlier is that I don't know my TDEE because calculators significantly underestimate it. If my TDEE sans workout is 2200 like most say, and I'm eating 3000, and I rarely burn even close 800 calories working out, you'd expect a gain right? at least a slow gain? But it wasn't till I bumped up to 3,500 last year that I started gaining at ALL.
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Did you really eat bacon grease for dinner?
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    Did you really eat bacon grease for dinner?

i save my bacon drippings and use them as cooking oil. used it to coat my homemade sweet potato fries