I love my baby even though she destroyed me.

Options
124»

Replies

• nicolebarber8
    nicolebarber8 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also 7 weeks PP and I just started exercising again. I'm pretending the stretch marks all over my now saggy belly are some kind of cool tattoo...that's helping me cope :) Isn't it amazing how our babies will never appreciate the sacrifice we made for them? Good luck with everything!
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    OP, you should never say you hate your baby--oh, you didn't. You said you love her. I guess the rest of it must have just been loving, battlescarred humor. :flowerforyou:

All joking aside, don't worry about people's comments about your title. You didn't do anything wrong. Your baby is blissfully unaware of all this silly drama and I'm sure getting loved and cared for by her mama and that's all that matters.

Are you breastfeeding? If you are, make sure you are following an adequate calorie intake recommended by your medical team for you and the baby.

Can you tell us the specific troubles you are having? Cravings, hunger, your settings?

In the meantime, congratulations on bringing a child into the world and devoting so much of you to do so. Bedrest and a changed body aren't cakewalks.
  • KatiePreacher
    KatiePreacher Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You are awesome. Thanks for getting jokes!
  • KatiePreacher
    KatiePreacher Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Oh, wow. Had I known that this much judgement was going to be thrown at me, I never would have even posted. For the record...
    1. I have been given the green light to exercise as per my physician
    2. I like to make jokes and say silly things. I figured some people may be able to sympathize and get a giggle. I'm so sorry that I offended other people by wishing my stomach wasn't all torn up.
    3. I had some complications that lead to poor milk production. I had to stop breast feeding 2 weeks ago.
    4. There are as many different parenting styles as there are parents. Insulting a person for their chosen methods or insinuating they don't love their child is tacky. I went through a lot to bring this little girl into the world.
    5. Thank you to those who understand.
    6. If I really thought I was "destroyed" do you think I'd actually even try?
    7. I am not trying to crash course my way into my teenage body or anything unreasonable. I'm trying to lose a pound a week until I get to where I feel comfortable and healthy so that I can feel good while I chase around my daughter. I'd like to tighten up my skin and work on my stretch marks so that I feel attractive to myself and in front of her father.
    8.Thanks to those who have honestly lent support and advice. Thank you to those who were concerned I was depressed, that really is nice (and I can assure you that other than some baby blues, I'm the happiest I've ever been. She is amazing!). Thank you for your humor. Thank you for your empathy. Thank you for helping me feel like I am not the only mother in the world who would love to feel and look the best that she can.
  • BrandiBoo84
    BrandiBoo84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have had 2. I gained 50 lbs with each and it took me about 8-12 months to go back to my pre pregger weight. Give it time girl! I did this with little exercise and making better food choices. Your body spent almost a year growing. It's going to take time for everything to shrink, even your uterus ;) RELAX cutie ;)
  • BrandiBoo84
    Options
    Also I totally have stretch marks from both, some are still more fresh and my daughter is 3. BUT I do know they lighten ;)
  • BrandiBoo84
    Options
    Oh and I always tell my kids that they destroyed my body. I joke. People cry about silly crap.
  • Springfield_Rocks
    Options
    People need to lighten up. I'm sure what the OP meant is "she destroyed my stomach," which is a totally normal feeling to have.

OP, like weese said, focus on your beautiful baby girl right now. The weight will come off, much faster than you'd imagine (YAY NURSING!)

In regards to your stomach, the stretch marks will *never* go away, but, they WILL become much less noticeable over time...almost nonexistant. Three things will help with the sagging and the stretch marks:

1. Time. Seriously....it takes a long time for things to "tighten" back up if you will. Be patient.
    2. Moisturize. I use a body lotion with collagen, and it's done wonders. Don't bother with any of the "stretchmark" or "scar" removal oils and creams. They don't work. Just get a good body lotion, and remember to moisturize after you shower, paying special attention to your stomach.
    3. Strength train. I *can't* stress this enough. My stomach looked the same for 3 years after giving birth. In fact, the more weight I loss, the worse it looked. Once I started moisturize, it got better, but when I started strength training (as in, lifting REALLY heavy things and putting them down), my skin really started *snapping* back into place. Of course, I also have age on my side. The younger you are, the more likely it is that, while it'll never return back to pre-baby status, your stomach will regain it's shape, and you won't have very much, if any saggy skin to deal with.

Just remember, it won't happen over night. Embrace your stretch marks. They're proof of what the human body is capable of, and they're a wonderful reminder of the beautiful little girl you brought into the world. Best of luck.

Fabulous post. Good and compassionate advice here, OP.

This, hang in there momma! :flowerforyou: