Ladies--Lets talk about headbands!

Options

Replies

• MagicalLeopleurodon
    Options
    I got no boundaries from walmart and they stay put.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I have some from Claire's that really look like giant rubber bands but they stay put! They're thinner and actually glow in the dark! LOL But they came 4 to a pack in 4 different colors.

I've found that the "non-slip" ones slip as well!
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    BICbands. they don't slip, EVER and she donates a portion of the proceeds each month to charity. :)
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I aslo agree with Sweatybands. Used one for the first time this week and didn't budge during an hour class of circuit training.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I wear bondi bands
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    So many brands I have not heard of!
  • ashley085
    ashley085 Posts: 22
    Options
    I have had a similar problem. I wear the scunnci no-slip ones that have the glue strip inside and are "guaranteed to stay all day". I'm a mom, a nurse, and an avid Zumba class attendee. They DO NOT stay all day! However, I have tried many others and I always come back to these. They are my favorite I guess. I have found a trick to making them stay! After you tie your hair up in a ponytail, put the headband around your neck, grab your favorite hairspray and spray the area where you like your headband to sit. Some like it further back on their head where as I like to wear mine closer to my forehead. While the hairspray is still wet on your hair, put your headband into place. The glue strip on the back sticks to the hairspray and it dries. Mine stayed the whole time i was at work and then I did an hour of Zumba, still there! When I got home, I pulled the headband off and laughed cause there was an indention on my hair where my headband sat. I just brushed it out and you couldn't even tell it had hairspray in it all day! It worked for me, give it a try! I hope it works for you ladies too! Good luck!!
  • betsyemerson
    betsyemerson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    http://www.sparklysoul.com

awesome headbands that REALLY stay on! Super cute too
  • Lisabel
    Lisabel Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I wish I could wear them but they always pop off my head :(
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    BUMP. I thought I was the ONLY GIRL with a "big head"!
  • nikb1983
    nikb1983 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I like the Goody StayFit ones (more)!
    Those are the ones I have and really like. My only complaint is that they stretch out really quick. While they're still new and tight, they work perfectly.

Bump and looking to read other recommendations as well.

These are what I use too... just throw them in the wash and they shrink back up!
  • KristySnow0729
    KristySnow0729 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I used to have the same problem, no matter what brand I bought.
    Until someone told me to use a little hairspray. Seriously. It's been a lifesaver.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I don't wear headbands, so I can't help. But the mental picture that has been created in my mind (of a bunch of women with headbands shooting off their heads) is fantastic!
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    nothing stretchy stays on my head. It must be oddly shaped. :-/

I just load up on those little bendy clips
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I use http://www.bondiband.com/ as seen in my pro pic. I stayed put during my 5k and you can play with the size.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I wear the thin Under Armour ones and wash them in a little bag. You can get them at Modell's or on Amazon.
  • sburde2
    sburde2 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I like under armor and goody
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Personally, I just use a bandana.
  • Lauramh31
    Lauramh31 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Another vote for sweaty bands! I love them! They are the only ones I've found that will stay on my head. They have velvet/velour on the underside and that makes it grip to your hair w/o pulling. They don't leave creases on my hair, which I think is becuase of the velour and becuase they are 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
    I used one to run a half marathon and it stayed in place no problem! They also have some for smaller heads which are essentially smaller/tighter for people who have little heads.
    There are all kinds of cute designs, even some cute sparkly ones I've worn if I wanted to pull my hair back when I went out to dinner or something :)