Options
2»

Replies

• Supastarrnikki
    Options
    how can i post a pic to this?

Use lowercase, but LINK

IMG_6721.jpg

4 1/2 years ago was my first section, 2nd csection 14 monthes after the first..

when i do alot of abb workout it feels like it's on fire.. just the scar section and underneath, not my actual abs.. and the skin around it is still very numb..
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    3 cuts, all thru the same line.

The trick to getting over it faster, is to insist on standing when they are trying to move you around to change the bed.
    While you are still numb, stand upright, hold a pillow to your tummy for support, and just do it. If you don't you stoop over for ages.

My friend had her baby about a month before me, she refused to stand, she was still bent over when I came home from hospital.
  • ShrinkRapt451
    ShrinkRapt451 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    @jsiricos: these days, they get your butt out of bed within hours. (They did me, at any rate.)

I've had 2 sections, both through the same scar. How yours will look depends on several factors:

1. How good a surgeon your doc is. My first was better than my second when it comes to stitching, but the scar looks pretty decent, 3.5 years out from the last one.

2. How well your body heals from incisions. If you're prone to adhesions, you'll have more problems.

3. What shape you're in at the time of the surgery. If your abdominal muscles are pretty far apart (diastasis recti is the fancy term docs use for this), the pooch is more of a problem.

Plastic surgeons recommend putting paper tape (specific kind of medical tape) over the scar every day for 12 months, if you're not allergic to the adhesive. Odorless and really improves the look of scars, but only works with fresh ones.
  • HealthyinAZ
    HealthyinAZ Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I only had the 1 c-section with all my kids - figures it was with my last one, 7 years and it's mostly faded away, however I have absolutely NO feeling in the skin up to 3 inches on top of the scar and about an inch to an inch and a half under the scar still to this day.