25 Things I've Learned In 25 Lbs of Weight Loss at 25

Options
124»

Replies

• livingandlovinglife
    livingandlovinglife Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    You have wisdom well beyond the age of 25! Thank you for sharing!
  • dessyjo
    dessyjo Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Aww man. And I was hoping when I lost 100lbs I'd be able to fly to California to star in a hit TV show.

My comment about a glitter balloon ball drop was more of me trying to be whitty/funny than serious. (Assuming you're referring to that.) I didn't ACTUALLY expect that :) BUT a t.v. show would always be nice! As long as you don't have stage fright!

I actually do have stage fright, but I was hoping if I lost all my weight my self confidence would grow.
  • LeanoraRose
    LeanoraRose Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Aww man. And I was hoping when I lost 100lbs I'd be able to fly to California to star in a hit TV show.

My comment about a glitter balloon ball drop was more of me trying to be whitty/funny than serious. (Assuming you're referring to that.) I didn't ACTUALLY expect that :) BUT a t.v. show would always be nice! As long as you don't have stage fright!

I actually do have stage fright, but I was hoping if I lost all my weight my self confidence would grow.

Well you are not alone! Try some positive self talk every day! It really helps! Changing our mental state of mind is not a fast or easy process.... just like weight loss. It takes practice and persistence! You can do it!
  • dessyjo
    dessyjo Posts: 176 Member
    Options

Well you are not alone! Try some positive self talk every day! It really helps! Changing our mental state of mind is not a fast or easy process.... just like weight loss. It takes practice and persistence! You can do it!

Lol Thanks! I might try that.
  • themutineer
    themutineer Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You're awesome!

This is like something I would read on mindbodygreen.com - they take submissions - you should totally send this list to them and you might even get published as an article!

Thanks! I will def look into that site!

So I looked, and they won't publish anything if it's been posted anywhere else. (Even your own personal blog.) :( Oh well! Thanks for the idea though!

Really? That may not be a very astringent rule... I know a few local yoga teachers who have published articles that had been previously posted on their personal blogs. Technically, you could take what you have written here and make a few minor adjustments in grammar, sentence structure, etc. and then the rule wouldn't apply.
  • rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your list. It is thoughtful and insightful. It made me think about my life choice and how they affect me.
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Great post, great work you have done so far, I know you will achieve your goals and maintain your new life with much success! THIS is what MFP is all about!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I love everything about this! Congratulations on your success so far. I just posted #1 and 2 to facebook. It rings so true with me! (as does everything else)
  • hfester
    hfester Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    "9) Some of the same people that see you turn your life around for the better will try to bring you back down to their level
    in order to feel good at the level they are STILL at. "

You have inspired me today. Thank you!
  • Stogie40
    Stogie40 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Love this. You know, a wise and handsome bald guy, once coined the phrase, ‘Prose is cheaper than therapy’ and you just proved it. Well written.

Oh and my favorite line, that made me laugh was......
    “5) Sometimes the people that you thought were good in your life were actually the people stepping on your head”
  • Jenny775
    Jenny775 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Great post OP!!! Thanks for sharing! Congrats - you look amazing. :)
  • roneil27
    roneil27 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!! I'm so happy for you!! You look great!! Thank for you the encouraging words :) I could sure use them on my weight loss journey!!
  • L_Stradford
    L_Stradford Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    This is so true. You also look amazing. Looks like you've lost more than 25 lbs...
  • jendavis07
    Options
    Thank you SO much for sharing!! Things like this are always good to hear AND see! You've done a wonderful job!! Keep at it girl, you're doing great!!
  • RVM7990
    RVM7990 Posts: 3
    Options
    This is great! Just what I needed!!
  • prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Great post!!
  • LeanoraRose
    Options
    You're awesome!

This is like something I would read on mindbodygreen.com - they take submissions - you should totally send this list to them and you might even get published as an article!

Thanks! I will def look into that site!

So I looked, and they won't publish anything if it's been posted anywhere else. (Even your own personal blog.) :( Oh well! Thanks for the idea though!

Really? That may not be a very astringent rule... I know a few local yoga teachers who have published articles that had been previously posted on their personal blogs. Technically, you could take what you have written here and make a few minor adjustments in grammar, sentence structure, etc. and then the rule wouldn't apply.

Thanks for the heads up. I think I'll try that then! It can't hurt!
  • LeanoraRose
    Options
    Wow! I'm kind of freaking out that I'm still getting so many replies to this! I'm so happy that all of you have enjoyed this list, shared it with others, and used it for yourselves. Ahhhh! That's so exciting to me! And I LOVE all the new friend requests! Thanks so much everyone! This has SO made my week!
  • Kreider86
    Kreider86 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    bump. I need to read this again when I'm having a bad day. Thank you :flowerforyou: