Losing weight to get back at an ex.

Options

Replies

• Imadarkswan
    Imadarkswan Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Better to lose weight to get back at an ex, than to do it to get an ex back.

THIS!
  • AIZZO4
    AIZZO4 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    if your trying to get back at an ex either
    A. your not over them, and your theory is right!
    B. just perhaps you didnt think they thought you were fat and you want to show off what the missed out on :p (hell maybe they were the ones holding you back) my husband has done that lol

could go both ways i see :)...i love your car analogy!

Beautiful ring. Thanks, glad he makes you happy.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Did you post this thread so you could tell a bunch of women how hot you think they are, now that their ex is out of the picture?

Hmmm, I guess I can see why it would look that way but no. Just reponding, some of them are in relationships. Do you want me to call you hot too.
    Yes, please lie to me. :)
  • AIZZO4
    AIZZO4 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Did you post this thread so you could tell a bunch of women how hot you think they are, now that their ex is out of the picture?

Hmmm, I guess I can see why it would look that way but no. Just reponding, some of them are in relationships. Do you want me to call you hot too.
    Yes, please lie to me. :)

You are hot buddy.
  • AmyJeanMarie84
    AmyJeanMarie84 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Ok a few things : people never make sense when it comes to looks, my ex husband left me for a fat, ugly girl that i was friends with. And no I am not just calling her ugly because he left me for her. The girl was weird looking. So a number of my "body" issues stemmed simply from being downgraded from. THEN i got fat lmao. Getting fit however isn't a revenge for the divorce though, its ancient history. This is new lifestyle is entirely for me...and I think that people who enter into this journey with intentions of doing for someone other then themselves might be disappointed by the results.
  • annaclee2003
    Options
    *like*
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Never was dumped due to my weight.

Been dumped many times cause I was batchit crazy, conceited and self centered. Other wise known as my 20s.
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Living well is the best revenge.

My college bf used to cheat on me all the damn time. I was the size I am now and to deal with the stress of his cheating, I ate and stopped exercising. I gained about 50 pounds real quick. He would tell me he loved me, but was no longer in love with me because of my weight. He would tell me he cheated on me because he was no longer attracted to me. I put up with his bs for almost 3 years.

Fast forward 20 years, he is now married, but wants to see me again. Ummmmmmm, no thank you.
  • artex1024
    artex1024 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I love this topic. When I got divorced, all of my male friends encouraged me to start working out, so that I could "be super-hot" and make my ex jealous. My husband didn't stop loving me because I gained weight. He stopped loving me because I lost my confidence. Now that I've regained it, he checks me out and looks remorseful, but it doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling or a sense of victory. It just makes me sad and at times a little angry. Like I want to punch him in the throat. Lol
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    Maybe not to "get back" but I would def want to look my best just to rub it in a little!

My fav motto is "looking good is the best revenge" ~ Ivana Trump
  • artex1024
    artex1024 Posts: 119 Member
    Options

Been dumped many times cause I was batchit crazy, conceited and self centered. Other wise known as my 20s.

Literally laughed out loud. I applaud the honesty.
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options

Literally laughed out loud. I applaud the honesty.

ME TOO! We all been crazy 20 year olds:laugh:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Nah, karma takes care of revenge. Besides, if I lost weight to get back at anyone, I'd probably keel over.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to lie, there's a little "I'll show you (all)" behind my desire to lose weight. That pertains to those who actually DID treat me badly because of my weight -- those who bullied me, made fun of me, disregarded me, wouldn't date me...and maybe an ex or two. It makes sense that it would be at least a small driving force.
  • guyknight1963
    Options
    Just remember- there is a good reason that your EX is your EX.

Work out, loose weight, feel great for yourself.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I usually just sleep with her friends.
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    Better to lose weight to get back at an ex, than to do it to get an ex back.

^^^^^^^^drops the mic and exits stage left!!!
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Lmao you're not going to win trying to do things for other people...
  • GlutesthatSalute
    GlutesthatSalute Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    After breaking up with my most recent ex I have to admit it really helped give me the extra incentive to work harder and eat cleaner.. not necessarily in the attempt to get him back or make him know what he's missing but so that I can ask for a better partner in the future..

Of course it did feel amazing when I last seen him and he had gained weight and I was leaner and lovelier than ever =))

Weight loss should be for your own happiness.. outside factors however can give you that motivation to get moving and stay busy
  • shezzzzz
    shezzzzz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I was 19, just married, and my then husband told me that at 5'10, 165lbs I was too fat to want to have sex with. 22 years later, a lot bigger than that, and I'm finally past that damage.

Current boyfriend is one of those skinny guys, 5'10", 140lbs doesn't exercise, and doesn't gain an ounce no matter what I feed him (trust me, I've tried, I ended up gaining 25lbs in the effort)

Current bf 's ex is / was over 300lbs, and has just had bariatric. He did not break up with her because of her weight, or loves me less because of mine. Hearing she has had the surgery though, has lit a fire under me. I can handle both her and I being thin, but I don't want to be fat while she is thin. (She will remain in his life as they had kids together).

Combine the ex factor, and seeing pics of people sleeping with CPAP machines because of their weight has scared me into creating a new lifestyle. I've known for a long time I have to do it, family history has heart disease, diabetes and breast cancer.

I know I have to do it for me, and along this metamorphisis, it is becoming more about me being healthy, but having external stimulators helped start me in that direction.