MFP is great but what would you change if you could?

Options

Replies

• palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    A larger exercise database to include popular exercise programs like: 30DS, P90X, Insanity, Zumba, and for me hot yoga and cardio fusion (cardio and weight lifting) With so many members using those programs it would be helpful to getter a better estimate of burn.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    1. On the site, when you search for a food, I would like to see the calories for each before you add it to your diary, like on the app.

THIS!

once you have searched for a food, and you click on it to choose it from the list of results, it appears on the right. click on the "nutritional info" link . That will pop up a window that displays all the stats.
  • Reenimal
    Reenimal Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I think it would be VERY useful information to have a separate calorie/nutrient section for alcohol calories. I did a very revealing hand-tabulation of alcohol-only calories in a week (no mixer calories involved, just straight wine or vodka and club soda) and the information was shocking and helpful! Plus, these really shouldn't be included in your total nutrient calories IMO....we all know these are non-nourishing empty calories, so lumping them in the total with all the truly necessary calories seems at best misleading, and at most, dangerous.
  • 608peg
    608peg Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I plan our menu for the day to fit our macros and then things change and would like to be able to delete entire day or meal rather item by item.
  • highflyer88
    highflyer88 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My biggest thing is not being able to see the message boards when I am using my phone or tablet. It would be great to see what people are doing on the message boards when I don't have access to my computer
  • aNewYear123
    aNewYear123 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I would like to see the recipe section be like the food section, where you can adjust the quantity of something without having to delete and start a whole new search.

I would also like to find a way to share my recipes with my friends by having them be able to access them if I grant permission.

I too love MFP but think this is a great way to get ideas o what users would like. Thanks OP for starting it.

^^This.

And in the Reports I would like the Y axis to have finer granularity, since my numbers don't change much day by day, it is hard to see movement in the graph. Being able to chose more than one graph to view at a time under progress would also be nice,
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    My ticker says I lost 44lbs. I've lost 43.5. No, it's not that big of a deal, but I'd rather display my real loss!

I've thought the same exact thing
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I'd like a "search" feature of the food diary. Sometimes I look very hard for the right entry for something I ate and then I eat it later that month or next and I have to go back and find it again. If I could search my diary, I'd find the right entry that I used before really easily.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I would like to see a "like" button, and get updates when someone has comments or replied to something.

Yep. Better notification system similar to facebook would be nice.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    - To be able to share recipes/link accounts to households/be able to copy from someone else's diary so that my husband and I don't have to go ahead and put our meals in separately.

- Honestly, it's petty, but if a friend posts a new picture, post it on my feed. Or at least have the option to have a message come up that says 'so-and-so added a picture, click here to view' and take us to their pictures page.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I'd like a "search" feature of the food diary. Sometimes I look very hard for the right entry for something I ate and then I eat it later that month or next and I have to go back and find it again. If I could search my diary, I'd find the right entry that I used before really easily.

I agree with this. I want to search within the foods I've already used b/c I know if I selected them that they are accurate.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    distinguish between the differ carbs, sugars and the differ fats
    id have less pop up ads lol
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I'd like to have more than 1 name-change possibility. I don't want to start a new account and lose all my time/information just to change my name up.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I would like to see a way to add a poll to threads. Babycenter.com has this feature and it's nice because you get a quick overview of what most people do and A LOT more people respond because it's so quick and easy.

So you could add something like:

Do you think that protein powder loses nutrients if you microwave it ?
    a) yes
    b) no
    c) don't know

On babycenter you can add up to five answers to choose from, then after a user submits their answer it turns into a bar graph that shows how everyone else responded. You can also still comment if you want to describe your answer more like you do in a regular thread.

great idea. sometimes I hate reading ALL the responses to just get down to the bottom of things
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    MORE HOT MEN PLEASE!
    MORE PEOPLE THAT SPEAK THEIR MINDS,
    cause BLUNT WORKS!
    MORE WILD CRAZY PEOPLE LIKE ME!
    YEAH!
    TAKE THAT!

Hee hee. If there there was a "Like" button... I would hit it.

if there was a single gal near me so would i :)

:grumble: :love:

ewwwwww
  • blobby10
    blobby10 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'd like the facility to add a brief description to the Quick Add Calories bit. Sometimes I just don't know how many calories are in gravy, or a sauce or assorted veg and it's quicker to estimate. Ok not so good to do it a lot but when you are home cooking all the time it's necessary and would be good to know where the Quick Add stuff came from !
  • tracygolden
    tracygolden Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I would like to see a "like" button, and get updates when someone has comments or replied to something.

I too would like to see the "like" button!
  • tracygolden
    tracygolden Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    If there was a place beside each meal that we could put our Blood glucose level. I use the notes section at the bottom but would like a place next to the meal that influenced my bgl
  • lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    i would -on occassion like to copy breakfast to dinner or lunch to dinner. Currently only allows you to copy meals breakfast to breakfast, etc. Just a little more flexibility is helpful.