How long to notice a difference?

Options
soldiergrl_101
soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
My sw was 210 I have made it to wonderland and I have lost 11 pounds but I am wondering how many pounds I will have to loose to see a difference. My pants dont seem much looser and the same old fat is there. I figure with all the running and swimming I do i should see a change soon right? Its been like 3 weeks since I started so Iam still in the early stages.

Replies

• kirstenr0719
    kirstenr0719 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You are probably losing it proportionately, meaning it is going away, just from everywhere are not all in one area. Just keep doing what you're doing! Stick with it!
    Also, I don't know if you are lifting weights, but if you could fit that in it would definitely help you drop some pounds!
    Hope this helps!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    You are in the early stages, yes. Think of it as the first 3 weeks of your new life. It is early, huh? ;) Keep moving. Keep tracking. You will see changes (soon!) and they will continue. They may plateau, but everything in life plateaus, right? Consider this: are you doing this to "be skinny" or "be healthy"? If it's number two, then you've made huge progress, the clothes just haven't caught up yet.
  • doulanik
    doulanik Posts: 84
    Options
    I'm feeling the same way. I'm down 8 lbs, but I'm eating much better and exercising 30 minutes every day. I haven't lost any weight in almost a week, so I'm feeling a little down, but trying to focus on other goals such as running further or drinking more water. The weight will come off in time, right? :D

I was told to take regular progress pictures, like on the first of every month, etc, and you will see a bigger difference that way. That's what I'm going to start doing. Add me if you want some support! I'm 198, down from 206 and very happy to be in ONEderland too. :D
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I have lost around 25 lbs and I still don't see a difference when I look in the mirror.
  • soldiergrl_101
    Options
    My overall health and energy level seem much better but i wish i just had some signs in the mirror to make the road see a shorter distance lol
  • CongoClark81
    CongoClark81 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Ive been at it since January 7th of this year. I havent weighed or measure myself in over 3 weeks but the last time I did I had lost like 13 inches and 28lbs. I dont see much of a difference and nobody has really said anything to me either about seeing a change:( Kinda disappointing but just makes me push myself harder!
  • amynicole0410
    Options
    Take progressing pictures!! I took some every 2.5ish weeks. Kept me SO motivated when I didn't feel like much was changing! I'd look back at the picture from a couple/few weeks before and YUP! Change. I really think that without having done that, I'd have given up or stopped working quite so hard at it.

Mine:

weightlossprogress3-19-13_zpse82d5bea.jpg
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I was told that with a reasonable diet + exercise regimen you will notice the difference in 2 months, while others will see it in 12.
  • soldiergrl_101
    Options
    Wow what an accomplishment!!!!! I weigh myself every Sunday so I can keep my goals in line I have a mini goal I set every week. I cant believe you lost 28lbs and no one notices
  • soldiergrl_101
    Options
    Wow your photos you can see abig change!
  • CongoClark81
    CongoClark81 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Wow what an accomplishment!!!!! I weigh myself every Sunday so I can keep my goals in line I have a mini goal I set every week. I cant believe you lost 28lbs and no one notices
    I cant believe it either. I can see a bit in my before pics but they disgust me too much too look at them. I had to stop weighing myself regularly, everytime I passed the scale I wanted to get on it. So I figured I will only weigh and measure myself once a month that way my accomplishments are more rewarding!
    What types of mini goals do you set each week for yourself?
  • 1goodgranny
    Options
    I have found that 6 weeks is the magic number. You are losing gradually, while building muscle. So while the needle won't move as quickly on your scale, muscle weighs more than fat, at the end of 6 weeks you'll suddenly notice that your clothes are fitting differently.

Stay the course, ignore the scale for weeks at a time, and TAKE PICTURES! You'll see the changes being made in your body through your pictures. Every 3 - 4 weeks is probably best.

Good luck! Let us know how it works out for you.
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    i would say you should start noticing around the 20lb mark.... thats when you'll see and feel it, and then others will feel that you look like you've lost, but that maybe it's too soon to say anything. once you hit 30lbs down everyone will notice and start congratulating you on how great you look! keep it up!
  • 1goodgranny
    Options
    Wow! Great work, amynicole!
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I think it all depends.

I am 6 months in, 40 pounds loss, and I still don't really feel any different. I don't feel it and I don't see it. Others do, though.
  • BlackKat75
    BlackKat75 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    It's really hard to notice a difference yourself because it happens so slowly. I started at 177 and I didn't seem to really notice a difference and no one said *anything* about any weight loss until I lost 25 pounds, then my body seemed to really change and everyone noticed. I really recommend taking pictures, measuring, or trying on clothes you haven't worn for a while. You need to find a gauge other than the mirror or the scale.
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    I think it all depends.

I am 6 months in, 40 pounds loss, and I still don't really feel any different. I don't feel it and I don't see it. Others do, though.

I'm about the same, almost 40lbs down and lots of people noticing a big difference. I didn't notice till I took a picture just of my face and compared it with my heavier self.....huge difference.
  • sancach
    sancach Posts: 20
    Options
    You have done great!
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    take measurements/ pictures. .. it's hard to see a difference yourself but when you're losing inches it will make you feel better.. also sometimes if you do a side by side comparison you can see the difference better... don't give up 11 lbs is a lot : )
  • tmpadmin
    tmpadmin Posts: 3
    Options
    I started (off and on) running since late December. The last five weeks I am finally dedicated and run 3-4 times per week with strengthening on the off days (one "veg out" day). I lost 18 lbs so far but cannot see a difference when I look in the mirror. However, my shirts and pants are too big now, and I am able to fit into pants I hung up six years ago because the button did not reach the button hole. My weight is stagnant for the past two weeks, and I hate hearing "you are adding muscle, and muscle weighs more than fat". My doctor says 160 is good for me but I am shooting for 150. At 5'5" 125 is "ideal" but I cannot imagine how. Who knows!? For now I will keep running and see what happens. Maybe once I hit 50+ miles per week I will notice. I think we expect too much from our weight loss. It took years to add it on why should it come off in a week or two? :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!