MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Funny.

I got in shape to get girls pregnant.

:wink:
    How YOU doin'?
  • jamiemcdonald1
    Options
    I'm not trying to lose weight to get pregnant, I'm trying to lose the weight from 4 pregnancies, 3 babies in under 5 years! Feel free to add me :)
  • lawmama_
    lawmama_ Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Me too! Well, originally I got on here to lose weight for my wedding, which I did successfully. However, after the wedding came the holidays and the bar exam, so I gained back 75% of what I lost in a time span of just 3 months. Now I'm ready to lose it all again and my husband would like to try for a baby!
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Funny.

Is it working?? :tongue:
  • JessyBevy
    JessyBevy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Same reason I started, although now we decided to wait another two years or so unless it just happens. I want to lose another 15 or so and keep it off a year so I don't fall back into old habits. I also want to be a healthy pregnant women who continues to exercise and eat healthy for my child's sake. I know it won't be easy but most my friends gained 60 pounds during pregnancy, but if you ask them if they stayed healthy they all say "Heck no, I ate ice cream every day and sat on my bum." I really don't want to be that person. I am short and shouldn't gain more then 20 pounds while pregnant, although I won't worry about the scale then, i think the baby inside me will deserve more then crap food. Feel free to add me!

i hear ya - i have this vision of me being that "super fit" preggo. We'll see how that goes :)
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I got married on the 16th of this month and now like you, I am trying to get healthy so I can get pregnant :) YAY!
  • OtiWanKenobi
    OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    You can add me too. I didn't start my weight loss program for pregnancy but now my husband and I are planning to start a family in a few months and it's been motivating me to work even harder to get to my goal. Also, to enjoy my new body a little longer before the big changes come! :D I also hope to keep a healthy lifestyle while pregnant and after.
  • JessyBevy
    Options
    Me too! Well, originally I got on here to lose weight for my wedding, which I did successfully. However, after the wedding came the holidays and the bar exam, so I gained back 75% of what I lost in a time span of just 3 months. Now I'm ready to lose it all again and my husband would like to try for a baby!

Awesome good luck to you! - if i've learned anything, it's to get back to it after falling off the wagon!! As long as we're eating well and exercising MOST of the time - we should all be good
  • JessyBevy
    Options
    Welcome! I got married on the 16th of this month and now like you, I am trying to get healthy so I can get pregnant :) YAY!

Congrats! and good luck :)
  • MichelleMagee0608
    Options
    This is very smart and responsible of you. You're already being a good Mommy :))
    I didn't get healthy before I got pregnant, and because of that, I had a pretty risky pregnancy. I had high blood pressure throughout and had to take several pills a day to keep it down. My doctor also recommended that I have a c-section because of the blood pressure. I was a nervous wreck the entire pregnancy and felt guilty for planning a pregnancy and not realizing that my health would also impact my child's. Thankfully, I started getting smart about what I ate and ended up losing 30 pounds while I was pregnant! (The constant morning sickness helped a little too :)) So far, I am down 70 pounds and going strong. I plan on having another baby in a few years, but not until I am at a healthy weight!
  • JessyBevy
    Options
    This is very smart and responsible of you. You're already being a good Mommy :))
    I didn't get healthy before I got pregnant, and because of that, I had a pretty risky pregnancy. I had high blood pressure throughout and had to take several pills a day to keep it down. My doctor also recommended that I have a c-section because of the blood pressure. I was a nervous wreck the entire pregnancy and felt guilty for planning a pregnancy and not realizing that my health would also impact my child's. Thankfully, I started getting smart about what I ate and ended up losing 30 pounds while I was pregnant! (The constant morning sickness helped a little too :)) So far, I am down 70 pounds and going strong. I plan on having another baby in a few years, but not until I am at a healthy weight!

Thanks for sharing! We live and learn and grow every day!
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    that is one of the main reasons I really started watching what I ate and exercising. My husband and I have a 10 year old and a 7 year old and we are ready to add a third to our bunch. But I want to be down in weight so that I won't have so much to lose after the pregnancy. I also want to continue working out (as much as possible anyway) while I am pregnant. Good luck to you on your weight loss journey and on the planning to conceive. Add me if you like. :)
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Funny.

They keep insisting I wear protection.

:cry:
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    You don't have to gain a lot! I have 3 kids. My oldest (a son) was 9lbs 6oz and my second son was 10lbs!! My daughter was our little peanut :smile: 7lbs 12oz. I never gained more than 30 lbs! You don't have to eat crap just because you're preg. Good attitude! Eat healthy (for you and baby) and keep moving. Won't have a ton of extra to lose and your recovery will be faster and easier. Breastfeeding also really helps your body bounce back!! I HIGHLY recommended it!!! Good luck to all!! Motherhood is the best thing I have ever done!! :flowerforyou:

I am commenting on the post about not wanting to gain a lot during preg. I hit quote but if didn't quote. Oh well :tongue:
  • lindsienygaard
    lindsienygaard Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    That's why I'm here as well. 40-50 lbs left to go!
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    Hi There! - new to the community and would like to introduce myself. I'm changing my life and getting in shape so that i am healthy to have a baby :blushing: . Then, i plan on continuing my new healthy lifestyle for ... well.... LIFE! Nice to be here :smile:

Thats lovely, goodluck!
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    Funny.

They keep insisting I wear protection.

:cry:

Thats a good thing... you don't want to be paying for half a dozen sproglets do you?