What do you order at Subway?

Options
dessyjo
dessyjo Posts: 176 Member
I love subway! I haven't had it since I started dieting, but I was thinking of going sometime soon.

My typical order is a subway melt on Italian herbs and cheese. Cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce, a ton of pickles, extra mayo, salt pepper, vinegar, oil.

I don't think that's very healthy though. What do you get? Is it healthy?

Replies

• veggieluver2
    veggieluver2 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I don't.

I would pick a different fast food place--if it had to be fast food.

subway meats are highly processed and salty. The veggies look gross--wilted and mushy.

I used to get a kids size tuna sandwich, but that was before I educated myself about nutrition.

Honestly, find a different fast food joint. Do you have a Jason's Deli? It's clean, and they have healthier choices. The salad bar is super! From what I understand most of the vegetables are organic.
  • mili5726
    mili5726 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I love Jasons Deli as well. I absolutely love their Spinach Veggie Wrap. I don't eat at Subway too often either but when I do I have a roasted chicken on wheat with lots of veggies.
  • ScottishMrs
    ScottishMrs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I always get a meatball marinara on monteray cheddar with the white cheese. It's not exactly healthy and a 6 inch is 550cals. I don't think it's super unhealthy though. I don't get them very often.
  • VickyO1977
    VickyO1977 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Love love love subway I have one as a treat meatball marinara with vp cheese on Italian and herb bread. Sometimes a little of what you love does you good.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Coffee.

If I'm desperate. Rather hit up a decent cafe.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I would eat at Jason's Deli all the time... IF it were within walking distance... however, it's not and Subway is (and it's better than Wendy's)... however, I usually get a 6 inch Turkey on White, with Spinach, Cucumbers, Tomatoes and Pickles with a little bit of yellow mustard. That comes in at around 192 calories and it's pretty filling.
  • fionahay
    fionahay Posts: 44
    Options
    I get 6 inch 9-grain with chicken (no cheese - hate the stuff) and I get it toasted, then get whatever salad I fancy, generally lettuce, cucumber and onion. And no sauce.

I only have fast food if there's only a choice between it and going hungry. Not had one for months!
  • carlaunderconstruction
    Options
    I love Subway, and I don't think it's healthy at all. I like the pizza sub, and the ham with honey mustard sauce. Before going, just check the nutritional information online.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,811 Member
    Options
    veggie delight on 9 grain with swiss, cucumber, lettuce, spinach, olives and pickles. light mayo and spicy mustard
  • lauriand
    lauriand Posts: 24
    Options
    It's true that the meat is no good for you, but I usually get a salad there.
    Spinach salad with tons of veggies. Get some apple slices to go with it. I take the apple slices and cut them up into my salad. I like to put a little olive and pickle in the salad too because they have a lot of flavor. I dont put any dressing on it either.
    I dont go to Subway very often but my husband and kids like it every once in a while.
    Although there are definitely better things for you, Subway can be a somewhat healthy choice every now and then.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Only thing I ever get at Subway is a 6 inch turkey on white with mayo, lettuce and cheese.

Granted, now that I've had Jersey Mikes, I find Subway to be quite inferior and eat there maybe once a year.. if that.
  • badzoe
    badzoe Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I love the veggie delite with lite mayo on whole wheat. Yum!
  • dacadoo
    dacadoo Posts: 32
    Options
    I usually have them make me a salad with the sweet onion chicken.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I don't eat at Subway
  • PlantBasedGrace
    PlantBasedGrace Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Subway's definitely not healthy lol but I usually end up ordering a 6in turkey on italian herbs & cheese with lots of veggies and no sauces
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I nevah do dere!
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Who cares if it's healthy? It's the bomb, yo

I like to switch it up but I can't stand the "how much lettuce can i throw on a sandwich" game that the employees play. Okay bye.
  • mdpeloquin
    mdpeloquin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a health inspector for restaurants, and I can tell you that no-one has fresher vegetables than Subway. They are also typically the cleanest places around, so I eat there regularly.

I choose a ham on wheat bread with all the vegetables, no mayo, just some vinegar to wet it. The six inch is quite low calorie for a lunch so I usually add in a piece of fresh fruit.
  • cheerupbrighteyes
    cheerupbrighteyes Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I get a six inch wheat veggie sub with all veggies and no cheese or condiments
  • Carmella9
    Carmella9 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Subway is definatly not healthy. There adverts anger me so much with Olympians on acting like they eat from there(lies!!) just make your own it will probably taste better! If u do go thereavoid mayo and cheese at all costs!! Worst things for u in terms of weight gain!