C25K or any running Before & After piccies

Options

Replies

• tiffany5839
    tiffany5839 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I think running gets the weight off Quick. I've always had a hard time running because I have asthma and I get migraines from running for some reason. I was always the kid in highschool who couldn't even do the 1 mile running without walking most of it.
    NOW I can run 3 miles stright without stopping in about 30 minutes. Yes it kills me and I wanna stop while I'm doing it but I don't. I've never done that in my life. It toned my legs a lot and smoothed them out. Def great for cellulite too. I went from 158 to 148 in about 6 weeks so far. I don't know how to post pics but you can see them under my profile.
  • mgraue82
    mgraue82 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    OMG! Great running results!!! This is motivation right here! Thanks for sharing :)
  • Miarenee3
    Miarenee3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Started c25k on Monday! Day 2 for me is today. Like some others, I'm so anxious to see results! In the mean time, I am also doing Zumba 2-3 times a week as well as Metabolic Effect Indoor Workout once a week. Also trying my best to count calories. Took measurements and loosely keeping track of my weight (weighing in every week or two) will come back and post when I'm finished :)
  • lythiam
    lythiam Posts: 32
    Options
    bump - anyone else got pics?
  • andreashawty100
    Options
    so you lost 15 pounds in 4 weeks?
  • MommyAustin
    Options
    I have been doing Zumba on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday of each week, with the Cto5K workouts on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.

I have lost 20 lbs in 7 weeks!

C25K-1.jpg
  • terbee
    terbee Posts: 72
    Options
    A big YES vote for running!

I carry my excess weight in my butt and legs, and even when my BMI got into the normal range I was disappointed at how bad those areas still looked. Running (15-20 miles/week for the past 4 months or so) has helped me drop another 10 pounds and finally, I can go out in dresses or shorts above my knee and not be embarrassed. It has really helped decrease the fat layers and given me tone. I'll never have skinny legs, but they do look SO MUCH BETTER!

I also have moved my calories to maintenance, and continue to slowly lose weight, I think because of the running.
  • KJanae87
    KJanae87 Posts: 54
    Options
    I've been doing C25K for 12 weeks tomorrow I will have completed it! (got side tracked a little and also had some health complications thats why its taken me longer than 9 weeks). My sole form of exercise was C25K 3x a week and zumba less than once a week. My results are in my profile...more recent is me in the bright red tank top. That pic shows 35lb loss...but I am almost at -40 now! Hope that helps.

Now I am going to start sprint intervals 2x a week and a long steady run 1x a week and see how that goes. First 5k scheduled for aug 25!!! So excited.
  • Ntoriousydc
    Ntoriousydc Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I don't want to post my before and after pictures till I have lost 20 pounds (half way to my goal of losing 40 pounds all together). But I just finished the 4th week of C25K... and I can tell you. My cardio is getting better, it's a slow process. I can run 5 minutes straight and next week I get to find out if I can actually run 20 minutes straight, but I feel confident enough in myself to actually wear shorts around because running has toned out my legs much more than I thought it would. 15 pounds lost so far and I have much more calf muscle, my thighs aren't as huge and cellulite like (almost all of it gone!!!) and my butt is getting firm!!! WOOH!

well done you! If this happens to me i think i will cry of happiness!
    my thighs are definitely my worst problem area :(
  • Ntoriousydc
    Ntoriousydc Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've been doing C25K for 12 weeks tomorrow I will have completed it! (got side tracked a little and also had some health complications thats why its taken me longer than 9 weeks). My sole form of exercise was C25K 3x a week and zumba less than once a week. My results are in my profile...more recent is me in the bright red tank top. That pic shows 35lb loss...but I am almost at -40 now! Hope that helps.

Now I am going to start sprint intervals 2x a week and a long steady run 1x a week and see how that goes. First 5k scheduled for aug 25!!! So excited.

OH MY GOODNESS! well done!
    actual inspiration! youve done so so so well! and you look incredible. nothing to lose!
  • Bonnieg318
    Bonnieg318 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I started out running between telephone poles on the highway when I lived in the country. Man those things were far apart! Then I went to C25k and here is my first to fourth half marathon side by side. I hope this works first time posting a pic!

3295C427-EBB2-4318-BF80-7EB4C2FB48AD-6688-0000086917006F08_zpsf7d57435.jpg
  • Bonnieg318
    Options
    Well now I have to figure out how to resize the pic!
  • Bonnieg318
    Options
    Did it work?

276dc27c-a6c0-4393-b7c5-d66ee21716df_zps5ff9516d.jpg
  • TheMoonMuse
    TheMoonMuse Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!

First pic - Before
    Second - C25K 3 times a week and just watching what I was eating. Had just started 30DS a few days before the pic so it really the change you see is from running.
    Last - 20 days into 30DS and on the last week of C25K.

8579188774_c96704d3c0.jpg

I don't have good shots of it but my *kitten* fell off during that second pic. One day my pants were tight in the bum and the next they were baggy. I'm sure it was gradual, just one of those NSV type of moments. I tried on every pair of pants that I owned just to "double check".

Graduation Day - last Friday. I had just pulled a few split shifts and this was during the break of one of those days..so a little less than enthusiastic but I did it :)

8599034272_ff2bb5585f.jpg

I am now working on the 10k program 3 times a week and will be doing a circuit free weight routine on the off days with a day of fun somewhere in there.
  • circesfire
    Options
    I have just started up the c25k program for the second time - this time doing the zombie c25k. It is definitely easier the second time around but wanted to start slow as running triggers my asthma and I stopped running after completing the c25k 6 months ago (I just found running on a treadmill so boring).

I never lost weight the first time around but I did tone up and feel a lot better. I guess this makes sense as it was the only exercise I was doing and I wasn't watching what I was eating. This time I'm doing the c25k, 30 day shred and workouts on the elliptical and logging everything I eat, so hopefully I will see the scale start to move soon
  • Lalouse
    Lalouse Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Forget the inches. Forget the weight loss. Forget the muscle and the fat.

There's this thing called Endurance .. sometimes called Stamina.

And it is the most awesome thing ever.

If you can run for a minute... imagine running for 10.
    If you can run for 10.. imagine running for 30.
    Imagine realizing that you can run. for a while.
  • post191rickdye
    post191rickdye Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I hope you learn to love it. No pics (I'm at work...shhhhh.) I started at 5' 7", 199 lbs, size 38 pants, XL shirts back in 2011. I could barely run several hundred feet without walking. Now I am 137 lbs, Size 30 pants, sm shirts. Besides controlling what and how much I ate (which is the most important thing IMO) running is the only exercise I get. Over the past few years I have run a bunch of 5Ks, a couple of 10 Ks, a couple of 10 milers and 2 half marathons. I run them without stopping, even the half marathons and my speed is up to 8 and a half to nine minute miles. I really like running, but want to know something funny? My brain tries to talk me out of it EVERY SINGLE TIME! Stick with it, don;t do too much too fast and eat reasonably and you will be amazed!
  • WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    My C25k work in progress. Please note that I DID NOT finnish this ANYWHERE CLOSE to the 8week program. I took it at my own pace, and did eventually finnish. I'm currently signed up for my first 5k April 20th. I have a quote next to my treadmill at eye level "I am stronger than my excuses" I cant tell you how many times that got me through it.

03a80b28-d538-4de6-b31d-faa16a7e6b41.jpg
  • Logiemom
    Logiemom Posts: 1
    Options
    Omg you look amazing. what exactly did you do and how often did you run?
  • MDF247
    MDF247 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I don't have pictures, but I have dropped about 33 lbs since I first started with C25k in August of 2013.

I will say, in my opinion only, C25k alone will not make you lose weight. It's way too easy to eat back the relatively few calories you burn, and then some.

What C25k DID do for me is two-fold:

1) It increased my fitness to a level where I could comfortably work up to enough exercise to burn significant calories (I now run 5-10 miles at a time regularly, longest run is 13.5 miles. I couldn't jog more than a couple hundred feet when I started).

2) It made me very aware that controlling my caloric intake was the only truly effective means of dropping weight.

I eat whatever I want, whenever I want for the most part, I simply eat less of it. I have also found that I don't want to eat a big greasy burger, that I have to run for over an hour to work off, quite as often.

The big bonus for me is that the more weight I drop, the easier it is to run longer, which helps me stay continuously dropping.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!