List of things worth living for.

Options
i get down often and ending it all often comes to mind. Thinking of making a list of things worth living for.... help?

Replies

• diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Pleasure, friends and family ( if you're that kind of person),trying to leave a good impact on the world, bacon double cheeseburgers etc.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    My kids. Before that? Nothing.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Sex
    My husband
    My dog
    My friends
    My family
    Cheeseburgers
    Bacon
    Steak
    Wine
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    i get down often and ending it all often comes to mind. Thinking of making a list of things worth living for.... help?

GET HELP.
  • cherioh
    cherioh Posts: 6
    Options
    Riding downhill on your bike and reaching 35 mph in a 25 mph zone!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    First and foremost, seek help.

Secondly, realize that for most those feeling are nothing more than chemicals in the body gone sack, so you cannot trust your feelings.

Third, meditate and start looking within for beauty and solace.

Lastly, volunteer and help others. That is the best medicine.
  • RoadToHappiness92
    Options
    i already go to a psychologist every week..
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mkb343Qbsm1qkyu6co1_400.gif

Stuff like that.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    The people in your life, such as your family, that you will permanently harm and perhaps even emotionally destroy, should you be so stupid as to actually go through with it. It is the most selfish act possible because it only ends YOUR problems. You leave your family to pick up the pieces. Do you also know that should you do it, the likelihood of another family member doing the same dramatically increases? Think about it.
  • dezcast
    dezcast Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    For me, everything is worth living for!
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Trees. Watching ocean waves slapping a beach. Sunny days. Spring. Baby animals. Good music. Art. Halloween. Sitting on a patio and watching the people who walk past. A book you can't put down. Warm summer nights with lots of visible stars in the sky. Laughter. Sneezing. Feeling cozy. The way it feels when a plane speeds down the runway. The smell of baking bread.

So many things. We have a beautiful world, and should try to stay here as long as we can. Lift your head, honey. It always gets better.
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    The people in your life, such as your family, that you will permanently harm and perhaps even emotionally destroy, should you be so stupid as to actually go through with it. It is the most selfish act possible because it only ends YOUR problems. You leave your family to pick up the pieces. Do you also know that should you do it, the likelihood of another family member doing the same dramatically increases? Think about it.

This. I lost a family member and it was and is still difficult. It's the simplest things in life that bring joy. Playing with your kids or pets. The feel of sunshine on your skin. The way the air smells after it rains. The sound of the ocean.
  • wnbrice
    wnbrice Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hummus, and puppies to play with while I eat my hummus.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    i already go to a psychologist every week..

My advice would be to ask his or her opinion about your idea to make a list. (Honestly, I don't know whether or not it's a bad idea...I'm an accountant, not a psychologist...but they would probably have some professional thoughts on the idea. Either way, best of luck to you.)
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Trees. Watching ocean waves slapping a beach. Sunny days. Spring. Baby animals. Good music. Art. Halloween. Sitting on a patio and watching the people who walk past. A book you can't put down. Warm summer nights with lots of visible stars in the sky. Laughter. Sneezing. Feeling cozy. The way it feels when a plane speeds down the runway. The smell of baking bread.

So many things. We have a beautiful world, and should try to stay here as long as we can. Lift your head, honey. It always gets better.

:heart:
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options

Stop thinking about writing a list. Write a list of things you are grateful for. Write a list of one hundred things you are grateful for. When you are done think about each one and concentrate on multiplying that grateful feeling by ten, or if you can, by one hundred. Make sure you include some of the things you love about yourself:). Then report back and tell us how you feel!!!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    First kisses.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

:heart:
  • WannaDizzolve
    WannaDizzolve Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    gloriously beautiful designer boots, my beautiful new body (still a work in progress) and my puppydogs. also, the next person i fall in love with. he's out there...