What do you order at Subway?

Options

Replies

• walkinon_sunshine
    Options
    I get a 6" Veggie delight, no cheese, on Italian bread with sweet onion sauce. According to the subway website, that's 305 cals. I assume 350 just to be on the safe side, especially since I often want black olives and I know they're high in cals and im not sure how the website calculates its nutritional info. I'm aware that the sweet onion sauce is high in sugar, but I like it, so I usually get it. As a side note; not all Subways are clean, not all Subways are dirty, but the same goes for everywhere, just be smart when ordering :D
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    for breakfast i get the sunrise,egg whites only without bacon ona flatbread with spinach and tomatoes
    for lunch or dinner i do ham n turkey on wheat or 9 grain honey oat.. cold with spinach, tomatoes, pickles, green pepper, cucumbers <yes, cucumbers! lol> and red wine vinegar, no oil, no cheese, no mayo, no mustard
  • MegWilbe
    MegWilbe Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I dont eat subway sandwiches but I do get the veggie delight salad (60 calories) plus jalapeños and a scoop of avocado for an additional (70 calories) Its filling on its on or sometimes I take it home and add toppings to it like almond cheese, beans, boca, etc
  • barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Black Forest ham on 9-grain, no cheese. Spinach, black olives, lettuce, green peppers, banana peppers and the fat free dressing-can't ever remember which one it is-sweet onion or something else. Healthy? That's relative. Compared to a Whopper-yes. Compared to all the fillings, no bread, extra veg-not so much. A 6" is 370 cals, I think and a 12" is 740. They have the nutrition info on their website. We usually get subway if we're doing over 1000-2000 calorie hike or bicycle ride. If it's a shorter walk, we either don't get anything or we split a 12" and have some fruit and/or veg.

If you don't get the mayo, no cheese and leaner meats than the spicy italian kind- it isn't too bad.
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I would eat at Jason's Deli all the time... IF it were within walking distance... however, it's not and Subway is (and it's better than Wendy's)... however, I usually get a 6 inch Turkey on White, with Spinach, Cucumbers, Tomatoes and Pickles with a little bit of yellow mustard. That comes in at around 192 calories and it's pretty filling.

I'm sorry but, it isn't 192 calories. The 6 inch white bread alone is 200 calories.

I typically just get veggies. I change up my sauce and if I get cheese or not. I love their southwest sauce.
  • americangirlok
    americangirlok Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    6" Subway Melt on regular white- I miss the roasted garlic! With pepper jack- toasted with lots of pickles and lots of black olives and then just a line of the southwest chipotle mayo.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    6" turkey breast on white w/ white cheddar, hot peppers, lettuce, onions, mayo and sub sauce.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    6 inch on wheat or flatbread
    roast beef or Turkey
    no cheese (typically)
    light lettuce
    black olives
    yellow peppers
    jalepenos
    salt and pepper
    mustard.
    If I am lacking in calories that day I will sub out the mustard for chipotle sauce.
  • Pamko57
    Pamko57 Posts: 182
    Options
    Turkey on white with white cheese, extra lettuce, tomato, banana peppers, olives and honey mustard. Add bread and butter pickles when I get home.

When I first started dropping weight, we ate there a couple times a week, but I've started just making sandwiches at home if we have the craving. I use Ezekial bread and my own goodies.

There's a chain in Oklahoma called City Bites. They have great sandwiches. One of their ingredients is crushed cherry peppers, so I add those instead of banana peppers.
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Nothin......
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    The 6inch veggie on italian.
  • sarabeth120
    sarabeth120 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love the oven roasted chicken with provolone or America cheese. I get it toasted because then it tastes really yummy. I get a six inch (unless I need lunch the next day then I'll get a foot long and eat the second half for lunch the next day) on Italian bread. As for toppings, I only get lettuce, pickles, tomato. I don't need any sauce. :)
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    My order is sweet onion chicken teriyaki chopped salad with all the veggies minus green bell peppers. Then I ask them to squirt a little sweet onion sauce on top. Not a lot, just a little.
  • ereach4731
    ereach4731 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I always get a 6 inch wheat, turkey w/ provolone toast, lettuce, tomato, onion, spinach, cucumber, green pepper, salt, pepper, oregano, and fat free ranch or honey mustard. I think it's about 300 calories based on Subway's website.
  • burnt_irish1
    burnt_irish1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I love subway! I haven't had it since I started dieting, but I was thinking of going sometime soon.

My typical order is a subway melt on Italian herbs and cheese. Cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce, a ton of pickles, extra mayo, salt pepper, vinegar, oil.

I don't think that's very healthy though. What do you get? Is it healthy?

I eat Subway fairly regularly. Played around with the nutrition calculator and the best I found, without sacrificing taste, is the 6inch Wheat, turkey, veggies, oil and vinegar. Nothing else- no cheese, sauce, soda, chips, etc.
  • silversociety
    silversociety Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    It changes from time to time but my most common is a pizza sub or meatball sub. Not healthy, but if I worked out doesn't really bother me so much.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I used to order the Italian BMT but now I am vegan. I order nothing because I can make my own salads at home.
  • SRHelicity
    Options
    I would eat at Jason's Deli all the time... IF it were within walking distance... however, it's not and Subway is (and it's better than Wendy's)... however, I usually get a 6 inch Turkey on White, with Spinach, Cucumbers, Tomatoes and Pickles with a little bit of yellow mustard. That comes in at around 192 calories and it's pretty filling.

I just calculated that sub on the Subway website and got 280 calories. 192 for any sub at Subway is probably not going to happen. That said, it's not like 280 calories is that much.

I don't mind Subway, honestly. It's not the best (I'd rather make a sandwich at home), but it's better than a greasy burger and fries, IMO. I prefer the chicken breast, 12" on wheat, half pepperjack cheese, spinach, banana peppers, black olives, jalapenos, tomatoes, and yellow mustard.
  • shosho420
    shosho420 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I use to just go to Togos and get a pastrami
  • kcook323
    kcook323 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I pretty much order the same thing, some slight changes on occasion, Turkey breast (every now and then, if it is the sandwich of the day on sale, turkey and black forest ham) on white (sometimes wheat), american cheese, light mayo (and request just one squirt across), lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, black olives, green peppers, onions, (spinach, now that they offer it), salt and pepper and vinegar only.