What do you order at Subway?

Options

Replies

• sherryk5133
    sherryk5133 Posts: 106
    Options
    I always get Subway - Turkey on Wheat W/ Lettuce, Tomato, Green Peppers, Black Olives, Banana Peppers, Pickles no Cheese or Dressings....
  • ThinUpGirl
    ThinUpGirl Posts: 397
    Options
    6" Sweet onion chicken teriyaki on honey oat bread (370 cal.):
    Lettuce
    Cucumber
    Green pepper
    Pickles
    Jalapenos
    Hot sauce

It's delish!
  • Cherp18
    Cherp18 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    veggie delight on 9 grain with swiss, cucumber, lettuce, spinach, olives and pickles. light mayo and spicy mustard

^
    ^
    this. but only a couple times in a year, when out & didn't plan for it.
  • Boomshakalaka01
    Boomshakalaka01 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've ordered the cold cut combo... no cheese, no mayo, no mustard. It's all vegetables with the cold cuts on wheat then oil, vinegar, salt & pepper. If possible, I'll eat half at lunch and the other half at dinner. :) Hope this helps.
  • marinegirl92
    marinegirl92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Often times when I'm travelling, I stop at subway for a grab and go meal. I didn't know this was possible - until my last visit... you can get the veggie delite as a salad. They put all your veggie selections in a big bowl and cut it up for you. :) They are very accommodating to all types of food sensitivities.
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    foot long turkey...lett/tom/onions/blk pepper....nothing else
  • stratusphr
    stratusphr Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Wheat bread, but I only take a couple of bites with bread, then I ditch it and eat the meat and veggies. Roast beef, ham or turkey are good choices. I quit getting any cheese years ago.....not worth it and tastes just about the same with or without. I like spinich, tomatoes, cucumbers, jalapenos or banana peppers. Mustard, no dressing. If I get Lite Mayo, I get it 'on the side' so I can control how much is used.

Jason's is good, but when I go, I get something I know is low in calories, almost always soup, chicken noodle or vegetable are good choices. I normally stay away from a salad bar, although we like to think salads are healthy, they are not....not unless you leave off dressing, cheese, croutons. Just my opinion after a lot of reading! :smile:
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Mine is the Italian BMT on 9 Grain, with lettuce, tomatoes, spinach, cucumbers, green pepper, olive, onions and mustard. And I always stress NO MAYO OR CHEESE just to make sure lol.
  • LadyMustard
    LadyMustard Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    6 inch honey oat/ 9 grain wheat
    Oven Roasted Chicken
    Lettuce
    Spinach
    Tomatoes
    Cucumbers
    Green Peppers
    A little light mayo

NO CHEESE
    Not sure on the calories, haven't eaten there since I started dieting a month ago.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    foot long chicken chipolte on flat bread

light lettuce and pickles

as soon as i walk in they start making it so yea, you could say i eat there often
  • johnhubbs
    johnhubbs Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    6 in oven roasted chicken on wheat pepper jack with veggies and mustard ,No Mayo
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Steak and cheese or chicken teriyaki on herb& cheese with white cheese. All the veggies except olives and jalapeños. Extra pickles and banana peppers. onion or southwest sauce. I get a footlong and get 2 meals out of it. Somewhere between 1000-1200 cals for one of those.
  • marioalberto1
    marioalberto1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Six Inch Roasted Chicken Breast, Wheat Bread, Double Meat, American Cheese, Spinach, Tomatoes, Jalapenos, Banana Peppers, and Salt & Pepper. 440 Calories.
  • kristy_n0831
    kristy_n0831 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Turkey breast on honey oat with american cheese, lots of pickles and lite mayo.
  • aymeelaurain
    aymeelaurain Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I rarely go there but when I do I get a veggie delight with lettuce, tomato, black olives, cucumbers, onions, and a little bit of oil and red wine vinegar.
  • dakotawitch
    dakotawitch Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I eat at Subway often, since it's the best choice of what's near the campuses where I teach, and since I boycotted Jimmy John's over their politics. I prefer an independent sub shop if I'm going to get a sandwich, but given that on campus my choices are Chik Fil A (which is not happening for nutritional and political reasons), pizza, and Subway, the subs win out. (I know I should be better about packing my lunch. I'm terrible at it.)

My usual sub is either...

Subway Club on whole wheat, with pepper jack, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, lite mayo, mustard, salt and pepper, and oregano

OR

Veggie Delight (sometimes with the veggie patty, sometimes just the veggies) on wheat, dressed the same way as above

I don't fool myself that these are "healthy" choices per se -- the sodium is pretty high -- but they are the best choice out of a bunch of less than stellar choices. And we eat Subway on the road a lot because a) they are plentiful in otherwise desolate areas of Texas through which my partner and I travel; and b) there is always a vegetarian option there for my partner, who does not eat any meat at all.
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Veggie Delight (all veggies) on wheat with mustard and vinegar. Delicious and vegan! :happy:
  • melbournemummy79
    Options
    My only real decision is whether I will get the bread or not. The wrap is a waste of cals IMO.
    Always the 6 under 6 and usually either chicken teriyaki (if i am having bread) or the turkey and ham (just the salad). Always with Jalapenos, no cheese and a scoop of avocado.
    Light dressing or no dressing at all... so honey mustard or the sweet onion. The honey mustard on the turkey ham is slightly better for you cals and sugar wise.
    Oh and if I get bread it is always wheat :D
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I work at Subway, and I just want to warn you: Most Subways are DISGUSTING! My owner bought a new store, and you would be amazed the difference. I wish you could all have a store like the one I work in, because if we won't eat it, WE DON'T SERVE IT! Also, be weary of the buffalo chicken and teriyaki chicken. I've heard horror stories about how the chicken would start turning green, so they'd cover it in the sauce so you couldn't see it! As far as actual food goes, I love the philly, turkey with bacon, I make some delicious italian herb and cheese bread. Now I get salads, though because I'm trying to cut out my carbs. I love our sandwiches because we make sure nothing goes out of date, and everything is fresh. But seriously, if the place just looks and feels gross to you, walk right back out that door, and don't go back unless a new owner has taken over. You would be amazed to find that they never cleaned the tea nozzles. They also never cleaned the ice machine. For any restaurant, DON'T GET ICE! That's where everyone gets sick, because mold grows, and if it's not cleaned once a month, it builds, and people get sick. I've seen some really horrid things as far as food and store hygiene goes.

THANKS ! :flowerforyou: The next time I am craving Subway I want to re-read this post. I will never order the Chicken again. I live in Europe so I am not sure if I really have to worry about it, but after reading this I am taking no chances.
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Cookies...