Anyone Else Who Can't Stand the "Taste" of Water?

Options

Replies

• FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm feeling much better now, since there's about 51 posters who agreed w/me, & only about 11 who didn't. WE ARE NOT ALONE!!! LOL! ;-) WATER HATERS OF THE WORLD UNITE! ;-)
  • LoveCR22
    LoveCR22 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Well, in all fairness, water does have different tastes. Otherwise there wouldn't be articles on the "best" bottled water. Also if anyone's ever lived near the ocean, as well as other places, they can tell you water can have different tastes. I just seem to not like any of them.
    You're not supposed to drink saltwater.

:laugh: :heart:
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm feeling much better now, since there's about 51 posters who agreed w/me, & only about 11 who didn't. WE ARE NOT ALONE!!! LOL! ;-) WATER HATERS OF THE WORLD UNITE! ;-)

Not to be rude, but I couldn't help but notice that quite a few of the "water haterz" had quite a long way to go in terms of reaching their goals. Whereas, most of the people who say to just drink water and stop complaining were in good shape. Coincidence? Probably not!

Now stop being a baby, go get a glass of water, and chug it! Do it a couple times every day and pretty soon you'll realize how silly you sound. You're sounding just like those wimps who post stuff like "I can't eat any veggies at all because I don't like them!"
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I don't dislike it - I don't think it has a taste...I do however get bored with it after a while. I add lemon, lime, fruit slices, etc to help.
  • ums3961
    ums3961 Posts: 20
    Options
    Water does have taste but water can taste different depending on where it is coming from lake, river, well, or bottled. Water has to be treated with different chemicals and chlorine for disinfection. If your water taste bad you should contact your water department and ask them why. It could need additonal treatment for taste and oder. I am a water treatment operator. They also do have contest on which water taste best. I myself never really cared for water, but try to drink it because it is good for you.
  • vs_shine
    vs_shine Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Get you some Mio. It adds flavor to your boring water!

I get so sick of just water sometimes so i add that and wahla!
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    How can you get bored of water? I just down a pint at the sink 8 times a day. Job done.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    It def taste different depending on the location.
    At home i can drink tap water and it taste pretty good, but at work it tastes horrible.
  • xoTalim
    xoTalim Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    It really depends where you live. I live in Canada near the mountains so we have amazing water here. But when I was in vacation in Florida, the water there was disgusting. Had to drink lots of it to stay hydrated though cause we were outside all day doing theme park stuff. But yeah...it had some weird taste to it...
  • dixieracer27
    dixieracer27 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I LOVE water! I have tasted some that was odd. The only water I don't like is "soda" water.
  • taz69tazz
    taz69tazz Posts: 57
    Options
    I HATE WATER!!! I either have to add a flavor to it, drink it real fast, squeeze some lemon or add cucumber slices.

did I mention I work for the water department :)

I feel the same way as u
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    so you know how men generally prefer savory/saltier things and women generally prefer sweeter snacks/desserts/etc?

think there's any correlation with water?? seems like the majority of people who don't enjoy water here tend to be women who prefer to add flavoring to make it palatable. not a criticism or anything, just an observation... like seriously it's about 95% women in this thread.

genetics are weird huh? wonder why we evolved that way...
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I can't help but remember my Junior High School Cinco de Mayo party in Spanish class, where the boys in charge of getting water for the Kool-Aid thought they'd be clever and use water from the toilet. Charming.

I have lived in areas where the water didn't taste all that good, but a faucet filter or a filter pitcher seemed to solve the problem. I'm very lucky to live in a place right now where the water tastes fresh and clean right from the tap.

Maybe try adding a slice of cucumber to your water? Gives it an extra-refreshing coolness.
  • moonjuleigh
    Options
    You might be crazy,.....

Water really shouldn't have a taste to it, and if you drink enough of it, eventually you will learn to love it.
  • GnomeLover1984
    Options
    I don't think I would call you crazy. Too picky? Yes. Water is water. It is not supposed to taste like anything besides trace minerals and other miniscule flavors. You may be over-thinking this...just drink it.
  • MsTanyaRN
    MsTanyaRN Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I drink mostly water and tea. If I start drinking even more water than normal after awhile it does get a "taste" so what I do is get crystal light flavor packets or put fresh lemon in it and it makes a difference.
  • cathyfowler662
    cathyfowler662 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I won't drink water in restaurants; I don't like the taste. I will only drink iced tea or bottled water. At work and at home I drink bottled/filtered water.

You are not crazy.....water in my house (in Fresno, California) taste TERRIBLE (it has a lot of sand in it and always clogs the filter/strainer) and water at my parents house (in San Jose, Calif.) tastes a lot better coming out of the tap. If I had to drink it there I would, but luckily they have filtered.
  • nicole_andan
    Options

Not to be rude, but I couldn't help but notice that quite a few of the "water haterz" had quite a long way to go in terms of reaching their goals. Whereas, most of the people who say to just drink water and stop complaining were in good shape. Coincidence? Probably not!

Now stop being a baby, go get a glass of water, and chug it! Do it a couple times every day and pretty soon you'll realize how silly you sound. You're sounding just like those wimps who post stuff like "I can't eat any veggies at all because I don't like them!"

Saying "not to be rude" and then being rude sort of defies the point. Maybe us water haters have a long way to go because we've only just started!!! And having a long way to go will not make me like something I've not liked since childhood (not for lack of trying I might add!)

And in addition it is not the same as not liking veggies. There are plenty of ways to stay hydrated without drinking water the same cannot be said about eating fruit and veg!
  • futureshopaholic
    futureshopaholic Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I don't hate the taste of water but I can tell the difference! I have lived in the city all of my life and when I go back home to the country (Even though I have never lived there that's where my roots are and it will always be my second home) I can't drink their water at all. It has a completely different taste and I have to bring my own water/filter.
  • Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Don't like it but got used to it by now.
    Tho if am forced to drink more than 1l a siting due to some medical checkout or something chances are i'll puke like crazy.
    Idislike the aftertaste..as strange as it sounds.