Just for Tam - Favorite BOARD games

Options

Replies

• dshandt
    dshandt Posts: 192
    Options
    since we are off onto some card games...,the very best card game ever: BooRay....also known as: Oh Hell (our parents made us call it Oh Heck :happy:) , Up and Down the River and a few other names I don't remember.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Let's see.... you have to keep in mind that I have a 7 y/o & a 2 y/o.....

Hi Ho Cherrio
    Monopoly
    Uno
    Uno Attack
    Bingo
    Candy Land
    Chutes & Ladders
    War

Ummmm.... that's about it :laugh:
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    Let's see.... you have to keep in mind that I have a 7 y/o & a 2 y/o.....

Hi Ho Cherrio
    Monopoly
    Uno
    Uno Attack
    Bingo
    Candy Land
    Chutes & Ladders
    War

Ummmm.... that's about it :laugh:
    My daughter's favorite game is Candyland. My favorite children's board game is Memory.
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    I like Clue, Scatterogies and any of the Scene It! Games.

If card games count...give me some Texas Hold 'Em!!!! Or for the fellow midwesterners..Euchre!!
  • timisw
    timisw Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Whats the Card Game that you play on a special board with nickles...

Boy thats going to get people into the ball park ~sigh~

I think its only played with the upper end of the deck. Each card you get to play earns a pot for that card... ~grumbling that I dont remember~
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I love Taboo!!!!!!!! So fun to smack the annoying buzzer when someone messes up!! i also love Scattergories (my answers are often humorous and inappropriate!), Cranium, and Trivial Pursuit. A great one that my family always plays is Tripoly.
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Set! But no one will ever play with me because I always win... :devil:

Cranium, Apples to Apples, Trivial Pursuit, Taboo - those are all great. We got a fun one recently called 'Wise and Otherwise' - it's kinda like Balderdash except with phrases/aphorisms from different cultures. An example from our culture would be "A stitch in time..." and then each player has to complete the phrase. But in the game they are all crazy sayings that you've never heard of.

I also love spades. Euchre and pitch are good, too. And Egyptian Rat Screw! :embarassed:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I'm so dumb...I looked at this and thought...I like playing midnight tag when I'm bored. LOL I'm an awful speller, so maybe hangman should be my new favorite game. I'm going to bed. :tongue:
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    Oh, just thought of another fun card game - SCUM!! It is so fun - There is a president, vice president, assistant scum, and SCUM. We love to gang up on my brother-in-law and make him the scum. :devil:
  • fashionkitten13
    Options
    Yay! I LOVE games... easily addicted to Game Show Network too :tongue:

Apples to Apples rocks!
    Jenga
    Name Burst
    Scrabble and Upwords
    Hi Ho Cherry O (I have great memories playing with my dad for real cherries)
    Yahtzee!
    Life
    Suduku
    Wheel of Fortune (electronic)
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    Any word game like scrabble , the game of life, Scene it.

Euchre, hearts, Rummy , Shang Hi, Rook.

Fave board game is Dirty Minds, obviously not for kids, but it isn't really dirty. It gives you a description of something ( an everyday item) and you have to guess what it is without being Dirty Minded, lol it can be hard lol exspecially with a few drinks in ya lol :laugh:
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    What, nobody mentioned trivial pursuit for us smarty pants's (sp?)

Yeah well us dumb folks dread when someone brings THAT game to game night LOL!!!

My favorites are Scrabble, Scatagories, Clue, Yahtzee.. .. Mostly Hasbro games because that's where hubby works hahahaha!!
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    Whats the Card Game that you play on a special board with nickles...

Boy thats going to get people into the ball park ~sigh~

I think its only played with the upper end of the deck. Each card you get to play earns a pot for that card... ~grumbling that I dont remember~

Pokeno?
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I love mostly games that u need to use ur noodle in...

Othello
    Chess
    Mind Trap
    Those are my favorite... I like to play cards also... mostly Cribbage... it's so hard to find anyone that knows how to play that :sad:

I play cribbage too, and nobody plays that. I play against the computer on pogo. :bigsmile:
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    I love mostly games that u need to use ur noodle in...

Othello
    Chess
    Mind Trap
    Those are my favorite... I like to play cards also... mostly Cribbage... it's so hard to find anyone that knows how to play that :sad:

I play cribbage too, and nobody plays that. I play against the computer on pogo. :bigsmile:

Ive done that too but I prefer playing with real cards so I don't play it on the computer too much.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Oh I almost forgot the best game of all time. *kitten*!(you know the full name I'm sure)

yes, it's a drinkin game, but technically it's still a card game.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Toss up between Scattegories and Monopoly! I love board games :laugh:
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Oh, just thought of another fun card game - SCUM!! It is so fun - There is a president, vice president, assistant scum, and SCUM. We love to gang up on my brother-in-law and make him the scum. :devil:

In college we called this "a$$h0le"
    Its a good drinking game, the president makes rules, and the vice a and a-hole give their 1 and 2 best cards to the pres and vice pres

Banks said it too
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I like RISK and Stratego, both strategy games.
    Long time to play RISK though, Stratego is like 2 person risk on a small scale.

I also like UNO, Monopoly, Cranium, Trivial Pursuit, Trouble! (its always fun to pop into....), Texas Hold'Em, Bull$h1t is fun.

Most other games I know are drinking games...
    Circle of Death... Up and Down the River, *kitten*, Drunken 8's...
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Monopoly and Tetris!!! The old Nintendo version