Are you comfortable with being "thick"?

Options

Replies

• BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I am pear shaped too. As in skinny ribs on top, VERY heavy on the thighs. We can't really do much about our proportions, just got to love the skin we're in! I think I am happy that I will never look as if I'm about to snap in two :)
  • jenniferwren
    Options
    I'm only thick where it matters!

fnarr fnarr :laugh: :laugh:
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    I'm only thick where it matters!

damn you, i was going to say, ive been called girthy, but not about my body
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Nobody should be comfortable being stupid.

Encyclopaedia Britannica is available online for easy reference (http://www.britannica.com), and of course, there is always Wikipedia, though the scholarship of open-source material is always suspect.

This.

In the UK, thick means stupid, and is unrelated to bodyshape.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I've always been "thick". Always.... And it has brought some pain throughout the years as my family saw it as a flaw.

Nowadays I'm trying to dress appropriately for my figure and that has helped me love my curves. I continue to get fit and stay healthy while I work on loving that this is who I am. I'm very curvy, got some junk in my trunk but I run and I work out and I eat right.
  • kluedesigns
    kluedesigns Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    i'm very comfortable with my hour glass shape.

as far as i'm concerned a large hip to waist ratio is extremely sexy.
  • oneallmama
    oneallmama Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I started recently working out, and my husband told me to make sure I kept my boobs and butt, he said that he loved my curves! I'm so glad I have a man that doesn't want me to be a stick, plus, I love my curves!
  • ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I was recently called thick. I was always just called fat, so I really did not like being called thick.
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Even at my smallest, my thighs & butt were just --huge. In my mind. xD
    But guys call that "thick."
    I'm comfortable with that, as long as it doesn't interfere with my health in any way.
    In fact, I'm not even aiming for a level of thinness, now.
    I'm okay with being in the thick category.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    If "thick" means fat, then no. The whole reason I joined this site was to be healthier and improve my fitness.
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Well, although I hate using the term, I would be considered a "thick" girl. I am wide with a bigger frame. I have wide hips and I am heavy in the chest and heavy in the bottom. Not fat, but heavy. I think even when I reach my goal I will have an hourglass figure for sure. I will always have bigger thighs and hips.

I'm okay with it! Honestly, I don't want to have no shape. I carry most of my weight in my tummy and when that's gone, the general shape of my body is great.
  • stephanieross1
    stephanieross1 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have wide hips and a derriere, and I love it, love your curves!
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options

Encyclopaedia Britannica is available online for easy reference (http://www.britannica.com), and of course, there is always Wikipedia, though the scholarship of open-source material is always suspect.

This.

Lol. One of my friends went to the dr about a lump in her breast, and was horrified when the doctor asked her "have you always been this dense?" Dr was referring to consistency of breast, my poor friend took a long while to realise!
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I started recently working out, and my husband told me to make sure I kept my boobs and butt, he said that he loved my curves! I'm so glad I have a man that doesn't want me to be a stick, plus, I love my curves!

Yes! Yay for men that don't want us to be super model thin! My fiance is the same way. He's like, well, I'm happy that you're losing weight but I just hope it doesn't fall off in all my favorite places! Hahahahaha
  • oneallmama
    oneallmama Posts: 108 Member
    Options

Yes! Yay for men that don't want us to be super model thin! My fiance is the same way. He's like, well, I'm happy that you're losing weight but I just hope it doesn't fall off in all my favorite places! Hahahahaha

We're lucky lol!!!
  • CherryOnionKiss
    CherryOnionKiss Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    nope not comfortable
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Lately when people say "curvy" they mean fat. As in rolls of fat, obese type of fat.

Frankly, now that I've lost the weight, I feel ok being curvy. When I had the extra fat on top of my curves, I hated it.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options

This.

Lol. One of my friends went to the dr about a lump in her breast, and was horrified when the doctor asked her "have you always been this dense?" Dr was referring to consistency of breast, my poor friend took a long while to realise!

now I would think that Dr was insulting my intelligence. Dense = thick = stupid!
  • binknbaby
    binknbaby Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My husband prefers "thick", but I just want to be healthy--whatever that winds up being.
  • WendySPWarren
    WendySPWarren Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    First, and this is very very important:

THERE IS NO NEED TO TEAR DOWN OTHER BODY TYPES IN ORDER TO FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOUR OWN.

But yes, I' conformable with and like my body type. I have big hips, broad shoulders, a wide rib cage and big legs and rear.

A thousand times, this!

Skinny, stocky, curvy- They are all good!
    Being an artist who frequently goes to life drawing, I've seen woman look amazing with every body type imaginable! Girls with tiny toned butts make me question my sexuality, and girls with wide child-bearing hips look like greek goddesses. They are both perfectly beautiful. Body type doesn't determine whether they will be good models or not.

On that note, i'm a naturally petite person. Grated, I have some extra weight to loose, but once that's gone I'll probably have to face comments like these again:
    ... skinny women are NOT considered attractive by most normal men. Just because they're in the fashion shows and in the magazines does not mean they're attractive...

I was teased all throughout highschool by some cruel friends for not having DD breasts and wide hips. No one should have to keep putting up with this sort of thing in adulthood as well.