Are you comfortable with being "thick"?

Options

Replies

• dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    If that pic is accurate, you are not thick.
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I'm thick!...Well I'm not that smartz anyway....
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    If someone called me thick I would beat the hell out of him. Or my friends would.
  • 7opoundsin16weeks
    7opoundsin16weeks Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    i'd rather be thick than skinny, and by thick i definitely don't mean OBESE.
  • moejo3
    moejo3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm pear shaped and wide hiped with tons of curves. I've finally gotten used to being refered to to as "thick" in a good way. My boyfriend constantly tells me that he would hate to have a girl with tiny little legs and no *kitten*, so that is really encouraging as well. Plus I do see waaaaay more positive reinforcement for curves lately. I wanted to know what you "think" or curvy ladies thought about it and if you're compfortable being that way? What ways do you keep your figure so fine and what problems do you have?

Add me :)
    I guess now that I have lost some weight I am more hour glass shaped. I am 43 and in the last year I am finally embracing my body type. My mom is very petite and built small. I think I was insecure that my body type was the opposite of hers and she would make remarks about how "big" I was. I was 5'8" and 125 pounds at 15 I don't think I was "big" at all. Although after 3 kids and many years I am no longer 125 but, I feel good and look good still. My girls and husband tell me all the time. Eat well in moderation, Stay as fit as you can and you will age gracefully. I do Yoga, walk, and eat whole foods gluten free as much as possible. .
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I'm not there yet, but once I can see my muscles then it's on!
    never wanted to be skinny, and have love for the skinny girls too who want some muscle
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    i'd rather be thick than skinny, and by thick i definitely don't mean OBESE.

Nope, my curves are in the right places and i am thin.
  • McButtski
    McButtski Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Absolutely happy with being bottom heavy.. would just prefer it to be firmer is all :happy:

In saying that, sometimes I would like a different shape to get away with a certain outfit or item of clothing but if I had to choose one to stick.. would pick my own shape over another!
  • Griffin220x
    Griffin220x Posts: 399
    Options
    Male perspective, maybe not what you were looking for, but, , , know this... Scrawny, spindly, skinny women are NOT considered attractive by most normal men. Just because they're in the fashion shows and in the magazines does not mean they're attractive. Just tellin' you, embrace your "thickness". Stay healthy, eat right, exercise. Live long & prosper. Sage advice from a wise old man.

Male perspective. Yup^^^
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to accept my thick thighs and booty, they just refuse to shrink. *shrug*
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Not at all!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I'm pear-shaped, but I don't think I'm "thick" and it's not a term I ever use. Normally, that term is a euphemism for being overweight.

Although I dress well for my body type, this is not the shape I would have chosen. I also am not going to apologize for having internalized certain beauty standards over many years, although I am aware that they are partially constructs. Women with curves still tend to be hypersexualized in our culture, e. g., Kim Kardashian.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I embrace every square inch of my rear, hips, thighs, and belly -- so yes.
  • emmymcq
    emmymcq Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'm fine with it. There's a difference between being thick and sexy vs. thick and obese. Women are meant to be curvy.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    It's the whole package together that makes someone attractive or unattractive.

Not there body type.

I agree with this also. Body type really doesn't amount to much, IMO. That is just a label, and how it looks varies from person to person in such a vast degree (the label is not adequately descriptive). There are so many factors that go into making a person attractive. Ever since people started talking about it on mfp, I have tried to see if I can tell by looking at people what body type they have. And what I have discovered is that I simply can't determine that by looking at people and it is also uncomfortable to look at people that way and try to determine it. It's just not a way that I want to relate to people. And, I also see the beauty and attractiveness in the many varieties of body types out there (there is a lot to admire). I also find it interesting when women describe their bodies (and do so in a positive way). Plus you have a beautiful body, so enjoy it (as it seems you are doing now).

Oh, actually just read the Op more closely. Umm, well I don't see the reasoning behind needing to put other body types down. As I said, I find the variety appealing. And for me, I am definitely not thick, but I do have a very curvy round booty and curvy thighs, but I'm tiny. I use the term curvy because I am definitely not fat (I weigh 100 pounds), but I am curvy. My legs have curve, they aren't straight.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,794 Member
    Options
    Im comfterable with it, its never bothered me really. my hips ar 11 inches bigger than my waist, and Ill never wear smaller than a 9, im in 11s now
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    By your picture you are not what I think of as thick but yes I will be comfortable with being thick. My goal weight is 165 and I am 5 foot 8 but I have a big frame so a lot of people are shocked when they hear my weight as I guess I carry it well
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    By your picture you are not what I think of as thick but yes I will be comfortable with being thick. My goal weight is 165 and I am 5 foot 8 but I have a big frame so a lot of people are shocked when they hear my weight as I guess I carry it well

I'm the same height and it's taken me awhile to wrap my hear around '160 may even be too low for my GW' so I totally understand this. People always assume I am 20-30lbs less than what I actually am. No complaints about that!