What do you order at Subway?

Options

Replies

• xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    6" flat bread oven roasted chicken, pepper jack cheese, then spinach, lettuce, olive, and jalapenos. Yum.
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    it's only 350 cal for turkey breast and cheese :)
    i love subway, i eat it on regular basis
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Turkey on wheat with letuce, tomato, spinach and a little teriyaki sauce. :smile:
  • SheriBethB
    SheriBethB Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Not healthy, but delicious. Tuna on italian herb bread, provolone cheese, toasted, with spinach, lettuce, tomato, onion, green pepper, cucumber, black olives, banana peppers, pickles.

I haven't had one in sooo long, I don't eat there often.
  • brighteyes124
    brighteyes124 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    mmmm, I used to be a Subway junkie for some random reason then suddenly stopped. However, I'll still swing by everyone in awhile. My go to is always ham on honey oat with extra tomatoes, extra cukes, olives, peppers, banana peppers, pickles and light mayo. yum.
  • BarbaraC47
    BarbaraC47 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I don't eat at Subway

^^^^^^ THIS^^^^^^
  • LovinDaNewLiz14
    LovinDaNewLiz14 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    whatever i want just stick to no more than a 6 inch....I just stay away from mayo and the cookies...other than that mix it up, and enjoy:)
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I usually have them make me a salad with the sweet onion chicken.

This.
    And the other day I had a 6 in roasted chicken on honey oat with spinach, tomato, lite mayo, provolone cheese, onion, banana peppers, pickles, and salt and pepper.

All of you saying it's not healthy- it's a better alternative to most fast food. Also, it's as healthy as you make it. It's up to you.
  • nickgarner6
    nickgarner6 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I don't.

I would pick a different fast food place--if it had to be fast food.

subway meats are highly processed and salty. The veggies look gross--wilted and mushy.

I used to get a kids size tuna sandwich, but that was before I educated myself about nutrition.

Honestly, find a different fast food joint. Do you have a Jason's Deli? It's clean, and they have healthier choices. The salad bar is super! From what I understand most of the vegetables are organic.

^^^^this
  • Dsnyfrk921
    Dsnyfrk921 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I love Subway and eat it once (sometimes twice) a week. I always get the same thing.. Chicken Strips on 6" whole wheat with Cheddar Cheese, Lettuce, Pickles and Green Peppers. No sauce! Well, sometimes I get Buffalo sauce but that usually brings me way over on my sodium so I try to stay away from it, even though it's yummy!

I know the owners and know that the store is VERY clean! Their food is very fresh too!
  • shosho420
    shosho420 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    it's only 350 cal for turkey breast and cheese :)
    i love subway, i eat it on regular basis
    Out of all the basic fast foods, mcdonalds, jack in the box, taco bell, ect subway is the healthiest. BUT people just have to know what to order, slathering it in every condiment and 5 pieces of cheese isn't smart.
  • shosho420
    shosho420 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I don't like subway because usually they are rude. You typically have to know the process and know exactly what you want or they get pissy. If i ask what is in something, they get all weird. They suck, as far as I'm concerned. I only go there when there is no other alternative. I don't enjoy being part of the process, I'd rather go to a deli and just say make me a sandwich, and one appears a few minutes later. The customization process is stupid and breeds contempt between the workers and customers, IMO.
    Yeah and god forbid you want to split a sub with someone who wants different **** on their half of the sandwich. That pretty much blows their minds (they **** it up often). I guess that is why they work fastfood.
  • scarrie2
    scarrie2 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    6-inch Turkey Flatbread, no cheese, all veggies, lite mayo and mustard, oil & vinegar. 282 cal by Subway website. :) Yummy!
  • WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    wheat, turkey, cheddar, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, sometimes bacon, lite mayo and mustard.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Love subway but only have it on payday. I get a foot long honey oat chicken temptation, veggie pattie or chicken breast with lettuce. sweetcorn, pickles and onion plus southwest & sweet onion sauce. It's the only chain I eat at, being in the UK we don't have many cafe/fastfood chains.

I don't eat other fast food - McD's, KFC, Burger King etc

I could go to a cafe I suppose but it's my one treat in a month so I'm not too bothered.
  • BreeNJesse
    BreeNJesse Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    First of all stop dieting and eat clean for life, second get online and see how pumped full of sodium everything from Subway is! Eeeeeeewwwww, it's like a glorified McDonalds, make better choices at home or get your own food to build your own sandwich from home!
  • beadalicious
    beadalicious Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    A friend who worked at a local shop years ago was told by the owner to wash mold off meat and put it out for serving! They obviously don't screen franchise owners well. Either way, I have a hard time eating at any fast food restaurants after hearing so many stories like this over the years. Also when ordering beverages, stay away from fountain drinks. A recent study revealed that 48% of tested soda fountain dispensers contained fecal bacteria. I was skeptical but when you think about it, how often are those cleaned anyways?
  • beadalicious
    beadalicious Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    A friend who worked at a local Subway shop years ago was told by the owner to wash mold off meat and put it out for serving! They obviously don't screen franchise owners well. Either way, I have a hard time eating at any fast food restaurants after hearing so many stories like this over the years. Also when ordering beverages, stay away from fountain drinks. A recent study revealed that 48% of tested soda fountain dispensers contained fecal bacteria. I was skeptical but when you think about it, how often are those cleaned anyways?
  • chiver17
    chiver17 Posts: 3
    Options
    for breakfast i get the sunrise,egg whites only without bacon ona flatbread with spinach and tomatoes
    for lunch or dinner i do ham n turkey on wheat or 9 grain honey oat.. cold with spinach, tomatoes, pickles, green pepper, cucumbers <yes, cucumbers! lol> and red wine vinegar, no oil, no cheese, no mayo, no mustard

I put cucumbers on my sammie too :happy:

for breakfast, I do bacon and egg flatbread with spinach, tomato, and onion.
    for lunch or dinner, I'll do turkey on wheat with spinach, tomato, onion and cuke. sometimes I add bacon. no sauces, no cheese. with bacon, it's 330 calories.

is deli meat salty? yeah. that's why you don't do it every day. like everything else, moderation is key.