To all the hot muscular chicks

Options

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I just posted a similar topic that got deleted by the moderators. I hope this one sticks for the sake of people's opinions being heard and respected.

I think it should be deleted. Body shaming non-muscular people is the same thing as body shaming muscular people.

I don't think this is a body shame thread, I think it's more of giving props to women who are more muscular

Agreed. No body type is being shamed at all. One individual is being personality-shamed, though.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    I just posted a similar topic that got deleted by the moderators. I hope this one sticks for the sake of people's opinions being heard and respected.

I think it should be deleted. Body shaming non-muscular people is the same thing as body shaming muscular people.

I don't think this is a body shame thread, I think it's more of giving props to women who are more muscular

I don't agree. This amounts to "muscular = best!" It leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Women are beautiful and attractive irrespective of muscles. Yeah, muscles can be great but pointing at someone and saying "there! THAT is what's hot!" is divisive and shaming.

Well I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, we're just seeing it differently but it's all good
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

I don't agree. This amounts to "muscular = best!" It leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Women are beautiful and attractive irrespective of muscles. Yeah, muscles can be great but pointing at someone and saying "there! THAT is what's hot!" is divisive and shaming.

Well I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, we're just seeing it differently but it's all good

I am no stranger to unpopular opinions :laugh: It's cool.
  • AMYJK7110
    AMYJK7110 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I was just called a lesbian and told I have a "man's body"---consider my day MADEEEEE!!! hehehehe

Cheers to ALLLLL women of all shapes and sizes....

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

CHEERS! My 16 y.o. sons friend, who goes to the same gym as I do, told all the guys at lunch "Noah's mom is a BEAST!" Best compliment EVER!
  • jillybeansalad
    jillybeansalad Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Yup. Also, all the things I can do myself. :) Independent.

Of course, the not-named poster doesn't understand the difference between having muscle and having low bf.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I was just called a lesbian and told I have a "man's body"---consider my day MADEEEEE!!! hehehehe

Cheers to ALLLLL women of all shapes and sizes....

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

CHEERS! My 16 y.o. sons friend, who goes to the same gym as I do, told all the guys at lunch "Noah's mom is a BEAST!" Best compliment EVER!

That is awesome!
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

i'm not sure anyone here cares what taste you have in your mouth

there's nothing wrong with celebrating a particular body type. doing so isn't saying other body types shouldn't also be celebrated... you're the only one saying that.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    I will be in this club one day :drinker:
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

there's nothing wrong with celebrating a particular body type. doing so isn't saying other body types shouldn't also be celebrated... you're the only one saying that.

Oh noes - I agree with Reddy :laugh: :wink: :drinker:
  • Liftnlove
    Liftnlove Posts: 235
    Options

Totally ridiculous. No one is saying ANYTHING negative in this thread. No one is saying that it's wrong or disgusting or unfeminine to be "non-muscular", which is what the entire other thread was about... I guess you "conveniently" missed my post saying ...

"Cheers to ALLLL women of all shapes and sizes." ...

You're making something negative out of something positive...well done...that's a skill.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

Oh noes - I agree with Reddy :laugh: :wink: :drinker:

:laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • emacb123
    emacb123 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I just updated my profile Pic yesterday to show off my hard work, then come on here only to read that other post. Uhh. im proud of what I have achieved.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    My hot muscular body that also does cardio will outlive the heavy lifters.

was this necessary? some of us heavy lifters also do cardio, not that we should need to defend ourselves...always someone negative coming in to ruin a positive thread.
    Said, sarcastically due to the massive amount of lifters who bash cardio. That's all.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I'll never be hot but hope for muscular and strong someday! :happy:
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    <salute>
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    I'll never be hot but hope for muscular and strong someday! :happy:

bull****.

to the first part of course. :smile:
  • fitandgeeky
    fitandgeeky Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Other than Darla (Liftnlove) who is my idol, manly body and all :tongue: one of my inspirations is my brother's GF Angelica Kathleen

322006_410504965697502_1859095413_o_zpsbe8315ce.jpg

3726ebeb-cae8-4135-acf4-40a1cb65d608_zps128c695b.jpg
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    You're all awesome and I'm working hard to be stronger, fitter and (yes) more muscular.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    My hot muscular body that also does cardio will outlive the heavy lifters.

was this necessary? some of us heavy lifters also do cardio, not that we should need to defend ourselves...always someone negative coming in to ruin a positive thread.
    Said, sarcastically due to the massive amount of lifters who bash cardio. That's all.

I'm not a big fan of cardio but I still have it in my routine I do a balance of cardio strength training and gymnastics love crossfit
  • 7opoundsin16weeks
    7opoundsin16weeks Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    gettin there