Why are people so mean?

Options

Replies

• lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    What you have done is very inspirational. Thankfully you have a place where you can find great support. Cut him out. Jealous jerk!
    Congratulations! You look FABULOUS!:flowerforyou:
  • pjonp90x
    pjonp90x Posts: 3
    Options
    Some people get jealous that they cant reach goals like you have. Good job :)
  • Funnydream
    Funnydream Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Down with Pudge! Down with Pudge!

Pudge sounds like he is a bit of a loser - but you, you are a winner!
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I have to say that I have just closely inspected your photo's and you do not look rough and you definitely do not look like a crack head?!?!? This person is jealous of your success, I would lay money on it.
    I am known for my brutal honesty and you look GREAT.
    You look 15 years younger and have a lovely shape now, you should be very proud of yourself because I know as a mum it is especially hard to find the time and energy to do all needed to get weight off. There is always so many other things to do that is always takes second place.
    You must have worked so hard to get where you are. You should be proud of your achievements.
    You look seriously fantastic.

Ignore these unpleasant types they are all around but just do what is right for you and be healthy and fit for the people who need you most. I bet your husband thinks you look great too :o)
  • anikab
    anikab Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    First of all you look fabulous, congrats to you for getting to your goal weight sweetie.
    secondly, this dude calls himself FAMILY?! let me ask this, is his wife overweight in any way? aka bigger than you?
    i think a lot of times people say negative stuff like that because they dont want to see that person looking so great. they're used to being able to be like yeah my friend, sister etc is overweight.
  • Funnydream
    Funnydream Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I agree Anikab - and I also think that *some* women quite like having a friend who is bigger than them and hence makes them feel good about themselves! They maintain their perceived superiority by making belittling comments - to keep their "friend" in their place. I have had direct experience of this and it can be very upsetting.

I also agree that Pudge's ridiculous attack has something to do with his own wife being overweight.

I think we ought to start a "down with Pudge" group ...as he symbolizes all the negative bad energy that others can use to sabotage our good efforts!
  • laurenpence
    laurenpence Posts: 147
    Options
    I think you look amazing! Don't listen to any negative or hurtful things people say to you because this is what you wanted! Not what they wanted. You wanted to get healthier and more confident well you did that and I congratulate you on that because most people dont have enough respect for themselves to do what you did for yourself. Let it roll off your back. When I slimmed down after my first child people were telling me I needed to eat because I was starting to look scary. I felt like crap but I weighed 135 and I am 5'7 so I knew I was at a healthy body weight. Then I looked at the people who were telling me this, they were over weight and wanted to do something about it but chose to sit on the couch and eat ice cream instead. Jealousy can be an ugly thing. Be proud of what you have done. I dont even know you but I am proud of you!
  • laurenpence
    laurenpence Posts: 147
    Options
    I think you look amazing! Don't listen to any negative or hurtful things people say to you because this is what you wanted! Not what they wanted. You wanted to get healthier and more confident well you did that and I congratulate you on that because most people dont have enough respect for themselves to do what you did for yourself. Let it roll off your back. When I slimmed down after my first child people were telling me I needed to eat because I was starting to look scary. I felt like crap but I weighed 135 and I am 5'7 so I knew I was at a healthy body weight. Then I looked at the people who were telling me this, they were over weight and wanted to do something about it but chose to sit on the couch and eat ice cream instead. Jealousy can be an ugly thing. Be proud of what you have done. I dont even know you but I am proud of you!
  • peggyann47
    peggyann47 Posts: 22
    Options
    So sorry your brother-in-law said such a mean thing to you. He is an IDIOT! You look great. You lost 97 lbs! That really had to be hard work. Be proud of yourself and hold your head high. Don't let that negative comment bring you down. You have every reason to be proud of your accomplishments.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I cant believe it. I'm so freaking mad!!!! I have reached my goal. My self esteam is finally a little above low and then I post pictures on facebook of me and my children and this is the response i get from my brother in law......

"you are losin way too much weight fern. lookin a little rough. or as we say up north,..... LOOKIN LIKE A CRACK HEAD. Eat a damn sandwich lady. Some of us are meant to have some meat on us Lol. Im suprised your hubby aint force fed you yet."

ARE YOU 'EFEN KIDDING ME!!!!!!

I have to admit it hurt my feelings and I got a little teary eyed....This was so much hard work and for someone to tell me I look "rough" or like a "crack head"

I know I am suppose to not care cause he is an idiot but it doesnt take the sting away.....
    \

omg, what a ****ty bro in law. you look GREAT. and one more word JEALOUSY. maybe he is mad that he doesn't have a woman who looks as fit as you. people ARE mean, but don't let that get you down!!!:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :noway:
  • lilay
    lilay Posts: 122
    Options
    You look amazing!!!! Your brother-in-law needs some manners if you ask me. Sorry you have to deal with such a rude individual.
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Why are people so mean..haha good question..probably because they feel so crappy about themselves that they decide to take the short cut of cutting someone else down to make themselves feel better rather than trying to figure out how to really do something about their own sense of self worth....SO I feel sorry for your BIL.
    You on the other hand are stronger than that. So hold your head up high and enjoy your new healthy sexy body!
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I didn't got hrough all the replies, sorry if I repeat...but I say...delete the johnny nay sayer..who the heck needs that kinda support...i'd delete him...crikes, I wouldn't take that bs from my own mom..i'd delete her too if need be...surround yourself with positive people, you don't need that crap. Makes me wanna punch him for you, seriously, what's wrong with people??
  • aphroditespalace
    Options
    does he have an overweight wife maybe? He is obviously bitter, and to post that on your fb is sad in itself. I would shoot him a quick email, saying "bitter much?" and forget about it

I think you look awesome and i know the look he is referring to, and you def dont fit the mold.

You look amazing!
  • pfenixa
    pfenixa Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Total jealousy. I swear, it's like anytime someone is doing Anything to improve themselves someone else has to be negative just because they're not willing to put in the effort! People I know have been questioning me losing weight (granted I am close to my goal so it's getting to where I might look crazy) but at least one of them wants to lose weight too! Some people just feel the need to be the bad guy.

Great job!
  • Foodaddict
    Options
    Dearest Tiffany, I think you look amazing. And not just because of the weight loss. You went through a life changing experience and you glow from it. Negativity in any form is damaging. If he thought you looked better with "meat on your bones," ask him what he would think you look like being jump started with a defibrillator. You are healthier now because of your determination, and your BIL should not be judging the way you look, anyway. Some men like larger women, some like smaller women, either way, isn't he married? Does it matter if he finds you attractive? He felt bad about himself that day, and he wanted company. Do not give him the satisfaction. Your positivity will win that fight.
  • blugoogirl
    blugoogirl Posts: 41
    Options
    wow that is WAY out of order! Ignore him, you look great and you're perfectly healthy.

Does this brother in law perhaps have a few extra pounds he could lose? Jealous perhaps??
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    Wow! WTF??? You have lost a mini me and people are saying you are too skinny? What did they say when you were big? Enjoy your acccomplishment because it is a damn good one! You look fabulous!
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous. Don't let it affect you. It's too bad that it's family, but sometimes family can hurt the most.
  • creativefrugalmom
    creativefrugalmom Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I truly understand your hurt, especially if you are getting over a self confidence issue yourself, but it sound to me like he's the one with the self confidence issue. You do not look like a person on crack, you look like a beautiful, physically fit and healthy person which is what you have worked so hard for.

He is just jealous that either he or his wife need to do what you have done. You look amazing and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.