I GIVE UP!! I CANT DO IT!

Options
124»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    The alternative is to get even fatter... is it really what you want?
  • paulinebryant
    Options
    I think you need to be a little more patient and a little kinder to yourself. Weight loss takes time, its not instant and yes you will have days you fall off the wagon, you need to just get over it and get back on, we have all been there done that, you are not the only one. Failure is quitting...
  • jennagoogles13
    Options
    Thank you so much to everyone who replied to my post. I needed a wake up call, and I got it. I know now that it's going to be a struggle, and that every time I get knocked down I'm going to have to do my very best to pick myself up. In my heart I know how bad I want this for myself, and I'm not ready to give up, I'm ready to reach my goals:)
  • fittwoday
    Options
    consider the off track eating as a little metabolism boost! They system needs that every once in a while to mix things up so it doesn't get too comfortable. Keep at it! You'll be so happy you did. All the best to you.
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. A day here and a day there is not going to undermine all of your efforts. You do not have to exercise every day. You do not have to eat right every day. You just have to do what's right significantly more often than not.

Just start fresh, right now, as you're reading this, as if you have no history of gaining any weight or losing any weight. Just a clean slate. Right now. Besides, you cannot do a thing about whatever happened five minutes ago. But you can always BEGIN (again).
    This is SO not a big deal. Really. It isn't.:flowerforyou:
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    You'll be ok. Really. Just start over from today and you'll be fine.
  • jamimari777
    jamimari777 Posts: 101 Member
    Options

> Your mind gives up before your legs do!

This x100. Stay committed even if it doesn't feel like it's working. Change your thinking and you'll change your workouts. Turn the I cant's into I'll do it anyway. Also, stop thinking so much about it - and just go do it. Trust me - I've been the hugest doubter in the world - I think it happens to everyone. However, the plan works if you stick to it, even when you don't feel like it matters or that it's working. Good luck to you! Only you can make it happen.
  • curvygirl77
    curvygirl77 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself, I think everyone falls off the wagon every now and then---heck I fell off weeks at a time--and I'm back and more determined than ever. Everyone who has success has experienced failure---they kind of go hand and hand. If we did not have the failure we would not appreciate our accomplishments
  • Cherp18
    Cherp18 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    The first thing: It's just a thought. I spent days sitting on a pillow at a Buddhist retreat, sitting doing nothing, which was damn near impossible for me and the lesson I learned after all that time was, "It's jut a thought. Let it go."

The second thing: For ten minutes. Five. One at a time.

And then do it again. It's just a thought. I can do anything for one minute. I can be my own best friend or my own worst enemy. I choose the thought.

This is great advise! Absolutely the way I quit smoking! And it can be applied to anything else. Thanks for sharing & good wishes on your weight loss journey! You can do it! One minute at a time :flowerforyou:
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! I refuse to give up!! I joined this site in 2009 and have yet to break the 200 mark and why? because i stop logging in for long periods of time. I am back again. This day 3. I am not giving up. I started at 260 and am just now down to 209, i have a very long way to go but i am going to do it. I am 50 years old and this weight thing has haunted me for a long time. This site is the only thing that has ever worked for me. The friends I have on here haven't given up on me and I am not giving up on myself. You can do it. I can't wait until i can say 8 lbs to go. YOU CAN DO IT, WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!
  • woodracer
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. Everyday is a new one. Eat more today, then eat a little less tomorrow! But always remember tomorrow is another day and its up to you to make it a good one or a bad one. Take care I know you can do it.....I have.
  • Alyssa__Lauren
    Alyssa__Lauren Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much to everyone who replied to my post. I needed a wake up call, and I got it. I know now that it's going to be a struggle, and that every time I get knocked down I'm going to have to do my very best to pick myself up. In my heart I know how bad I want this for myself, and I'm not ready to give up, I'm ready to reach my goals:)

Great! Good for you :)
  • MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    There are times when we all want to give up. keep telling yourself. I can do this. i am doing this 4 me, & my family & @ better health. Regardless of what othersa say. You are doing it for yourself. I will not give up.
  • bnbestme
    bnbestme Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Now I was very sorry to read your post. But I want you to know that you are already doing well. Don't let minor set backs get you so flustered where you want to throw in the towel. You have to love yourself enough to get right back on track and not beat yourself up. Yes, you ate poorly but tomorrow is a new day and you can make a positive change so I say to you get back in the game and don't dwell on the set back look forward to future that includes the new you that you becoming more fit and more equipped to deal with this weight loss process.