Fantastic photos thanks for sharing ⭐
  • melsy21
    melsy21 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Love her <3
  • Freidon
    Freidon Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I love Marilyn Monroe, she was beautiful. It is a shame that by Hollywood standards today she would be bullied into losing that GORGEOUS figure, by some producer that told her she was FAT.

I don't think that would happen, She was curvy, but very tiny.

I don't think the poster was that far off. Before they were famous, Scarlett Johansson and Jennifer Lawrence both got criticized for being too "fat" for the industry. Johansson's body type even looks like Monroe's, to me.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I totally :heart: this thread!

I never knew that about MM but am definitely a fan
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,064 Member
    Options
    This is the coolest post ever. Well, except maybe the Kitties gif thread. Don't hate me.
  • for2day
    for2day Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this - love her!!! I have always been told to stay far away from weights, but this is great motivation! She was a beautiful woman!!! :))
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I love Marilyn Monroe, she was beautiful. It is a shame that by Hollywood standards today she would be bullied into losing that GORGEOUS figure, by some producer that told her she was FAT.

According to her dress maker, she had something like a 22 or 23 inch waist. That's a size 0 for jeans today. So...no. Nobody would call her fat, stacked maybe, but not fat.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    That makes her even more sexy. :)
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: this thread! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

She had a really curvy figure though, and the squats explains the bootie!

(P.S., She was only "big" when she was pregnant and for a short time when she filmed "Some Like It Hot." Check her out in "How to Marry a Millionaire" or "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" standing next to actresses who were considered thin even by that generation's standards.)
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    LOVE!!!
  • ScottishMrs
    ScottishMrs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I need to show this to my little Marilyn look-a-like cousin who's always trying to figure out how to get her waist down!
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the photos! It was well known that Marilyn did lifting, but I hadn't heard of her trainer, and loved those pictures too! I'm going to look her up. I didn't even know that women's bodybuilding existed back then, although I know there was a lot going on with men. She must have been quite unusual.
  • Lala20112
    Lala20112 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Theses are probably publicity pics .....or not...Either way girls can lift weights all they want ,it will help tone up are muscles ,we
    won't bulk up cause we don't have as much Testosterone ....So happy lifting :D
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I love the pics and I hope she did lift and that Pudgy Stockton was her trainer. But, I had heard that these pics were taken as a modeling shoot, and that she was doing a "Pudgy Stockton" style photo shoot. I had only read this and seen these photos when I was looking up Pudgy Stockton.

And again MM had a 22 inch waist, she would not be called fat. Some people might, but only because there's always crazies that say crazy stuff.

Well, I just looked it up quickly and it does seem Pudgy Stockton may have trained her and that was what led to the sport's themed photo shoots.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    bump :flowerforyou:
  • SeahorseDolphin
    Options
    This is great, thanks for sharing!
  • gemmaleigh1989
    gemmaleigh1989 Posts: 241 Member
    Options

I don't think that would happen, She was curvy, but very tiny.

I don't think the poster was that far off. Before they were famous, Scarlett Johansson and Jennifer Lawrence both got criticized for being too "fat" for the industry. Johansson's body type even looks like Monroe's, to me.

Jennifer Lawrence is still labeled as being on the "heavy side" for Hollywood. How ridiculous is that? The most amazing actres , never taken an acting class in her life and she is called heavy. Not to mention is she is anything BUT heavy!

I just don't get the fascination with being size 0. It is so not as Sexy as being fit and strong!
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Wish I had had one of these pics for the thread on how lifting makes you lose your femininity!!
  • gemmaleigh1989
    gemmaleigh1989 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this - love her!!! I have always been told to stay far away from weights, but this is great motivation! She was a beautiful woman!!! :))

Who has told you THAT?! You need to boycott any advice they try to give you from now on.