Pregnancy 2010 - June

Options

Replies

• kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    So I wiegh in on Fridays and I am totally scared of the scale this week. I have been consistantly over my cals and have not worked out at all for the last few weeks...ugh. I'm running a 4 week dance summer intensive and staff training starts tonight and the 120 kids move in on Sunday. The planning has taken everything out of me! I WILL find time once it starts to go to Zumba and get some walking in. I HAVE to meet my goal this month.
    TTFN, I'll keep you posted.
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Wieghing in weekly it is!

Angela - I am testing super early, I know... but I just can't help it! it's sort of fun! Torturous, but still fun. LOL Spotting is back but still quite light today. I'll test again on Sunday.
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    I don't mean to burst any bubbles, but it may or may not be the first time right? no matter how healthy we are? I don't know why I have a feeling it won't be the first time for me, but oh well, at least it'll be fun trying.

Good luck jalara, it would be so fun if it's the first time. I think pretty much all the ladies here are the first time, so maybe it's a good luck streak.
  • jalara
    Options
    Hey Paldal - I agree - if it doesn' t happen it may not be the best time. 'm okay with that - as long as I know soon. Thanks for the well-wishes.

I guess I'm just in mode - and I think the Clomid make have affected my cycle quite a bit just because all month everything has felt different, so I'm not feeling like myself.

Only time will tell!
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Well, I broke the streak. First time wasn't the charm. AF hit like a ton of bricks.

On the plus side, now I can go on vacation and party it up...knowing that this will (hopefully) be the last vacation without kids.
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to burst any bubbles, but it may or may not be the first time right? no matter how healthy we are? I don't know why I have a feeling it won't be the first time for me, but oh well, at least it'll be fun trying.

Good luck jalara, it would be so fun if it's the first time. I think pretty much all the ladies here are the first time, so maybe it's a good luck streak.

I agree if there are fertility problems ... if you are tracking your ovulation and your fertile period than it's pretty irregular not to get pregnant within the first 3 months of trying - according to my research
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Well, I broke the streak. First time wasn't the charm. AF hit like a ton of bricks.

On the plus side, now I can go on vacation and party it up...knowing that this will (hopefully) be the last vacation without kids.

I've been kinds of wanting to plan a trip in the next month or so for that same reason (last one before the little man's born and we're parents for the rest of our lives) But haven't decided where to go and feel guilty about spending the money ... we'll see.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options

I've been kinds of wanting to plan a trip in the next month or so for that same reason (last one before the little man's born and we're parents for the rest of our lives) But haven't decided where to go and feel guilty about spending the money ... we'll see.

I’ve been putting a little money aside from each check to surprise my husband with a trip to Puerto Rico in January to visit his family (if I don’t get pregnant before planned). I won’t feel so bad about spending the money if I start saving it now.
  • paldal
    Options

does it have to be a long vacation? I see you live in Seattle, there's lots of beautiful places close by...
    you could even do something simple like a cabin in Portland or something
  • jalara
    Options
    AF is here - def not preggo. I"m okay with it, disappointed yes, but just glad to know for sure. My body is def acting weird though - I've never spotted before my period before. But that's okay. Like I said, just glad to know.

So we'll be waiting until December to try again, since it would be too close to my clinical placement next spring (I lose my nursing course if I miss it). I'm okay with waiting - now I can focus on some other things. Like moving, and the wedding and losing some stupid weight!

Happy Firday all!
  • paldal
    Options
    AF is here - def not preggo. I"m okay with it, disappointed yes, but just glad to know for sure. My body is def acting weird though - I've never spotted before my period before. But that's okay. Like I said, just glad to know.

So we'll be waiting until December to try again, since it would be too close to my clinical placement next spring (I lose my nursing course if I miss it). I'm okay with waiting - now I can focus on some other things. Like moving, and the wedding and losing some stupid weight!

Happy Firday all!

I'm really sorry to hear that, but atleast you know now and can plan better. The few people I've known that used Clomid were preggo pretty soon after, so I guess now you have to be more careful until December, so your nursing course isn't missed.
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Well off to Mexico we go....tropical storm and all! I guess we will "know what to do" if it is rainy and we have to stay inside all day:laugh:

Hopefully I wont gain more than a few lbs next week. All you can drink and eat is going to be difficult to resist.

"See" you all in 8 days!
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Hi all--been reading you all for a month or so, but want to jump in because I just need to vent a little. I'm in the losing weight while trying to TTC right now, mostly thanks to my son who is 19 months. I'm back to my pre-preg weight, and am even a few pounds down--which is good--it puts me in the healthy category by a smidge. Figure I'll try to keep going until I show up preggers. It's been two cycles, and nothing so far. AF showed up this morning (two days late--right after I got a BFN on the prego test--arghhhhh.) I was...so disappointed and angry...with myself, my body, and whoever happened to be in the room at the moment. (I think it was the cat). I know, I know...TWO months? That's nothing. But, we got pregnant with #1 two weeks after I quit BC. (I took a PT as a "control" just to see how one worked...and was like "Honey? Does that look like a PLUS sign to you?! The rest is history...or actually, Joshua, to be specific. In any case that is what we were expecting this time...but apparently it's not to be. I guess it's a reminder that we just can't control everything, right?

Supportive hubby says that we've probably been expecting too much--thinking we would conceive that easily again...I've just been really surprised at how crazy toss and turny this whole process has been on me and my emotions, and how hard I'm being on myself about it! I'm usually a pretty stable, grounded person. Granted I'm only 2 months in...it gives me some real empathy for those who have tried for lots longer.

Anyhow--I love reading this thread...good luck everyone on your health journey and your baby journey...on the bright side (said my hubby) this just means another month of having fun trying to conceive. And trying to get a few more pounds out from under my belt, I hope. Ha! Good luck everyone....thanks for listening.
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Well off to Mexico we go....tropical storm and all! I guess we will "know what to do" if it is rainy and we have to stay inside all day:laugh:

Hopefully I wont gain more than a few lbs next week. All you can drink and eat is going to be difficult to resist.

"See" you all in 8 days!

Have a GREAT time!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    kah78 - welcome to the group, i remember being very emotional during the process as well. Those emotions got taken out on my hubby a lot of the time unfortunately. You're time will come! :-) Are you tracking yoru ovulation?
  • paldal
    Options
    Good luck to you kah78.

As we all know, stress does strange things to the body, try relaxing and don't hope for that "plus" again.
    Try to be as oblivious as you were the first time, might help calm you down and have fun in the process.

Angela -- love the new pic!
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    Angela, love the new picture. i guess I should download mine from my camera to show what I really look like now :happy:
  • shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone - We had our first shower yesterday (we are having 3!) and it was so awesome! We are officially in the single digits - 9 weeks! Can't believe I'll be a mom in 9 weeks or less. :)
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone - We had our first shower yesterday (we are having 3!) and it was so awesome! We are officially in the single digits - 9 weeks! Can't believe I'll be a mom in 9 weeks or less. :)

At first when I read your comment I thought you meant 3 babies...I thought OH MY!!! Glad you meant showers! :laugh: Congrats, it's not too long now!
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    yessie - You look great! Cute pictures!

Shoppingquenn - 3 showers! Aren't you lucky! ;-) I'm guessing a work one, and friend one and ...?