How often do you exercise??

Options
124»

Replies

• johnsalsbury
    Options
    mostly on the weekends I'm to tired and my feet hurt to much from work during the week days. Also its spring and I like to ride my motorcycle.
  • emzilee
    emzilee Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    3 to 4 days per week. I do 75-ish minutes at the gym (usually about 45 on the treadmill, 30 on the bike).
  • meldel49
    meldel49 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I try to do at least 3 days cardio with abs, and general exercise and then althernate the other days in between with cardio followed by strength training. If I do not get it in, I do not fret and make up for it the following day or week. Usually, 60 minutes cardio and 30 minutes of the other stuff!
  • meldel49
    meldel49 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You are quite a busy person and it shows with all that you do in your weight loss up to date. Nicely done!
  • ZETAZEN
    ZETAZEN Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Depends on my schedule. I plan on Sundays for the week. I like to keep my fitness routine fresh and interesting. Therefore, no one week is ever the same as the previous week. But for the most part it falls between 4 to 5 workouts a week. I've had weeks I've worked out all seven days...others, just three days.
  • johnsalsbury
    Options
    All I try to do is walk the dog as much as I can. About 2 to three miles. When I get the chance.
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Yoga every day
    20 minute Kettlebell routine 3 x week, intersperesed with bodyweight exercises and skipping between KB sets
    Swimming 2x week and cycling to work and socially most days; cycling aout 100 miles per week total.

A typical week is:

Mon - Bodyweight pushing and Vinyasa Yoga.
    Tues - Bodyweight Legs. Kettlebell and Anusara Yoga.
    Wed - Anusara Yoga class.
    Thu - Swim. Kettlebell and Pullups. Anusara Yoga.
    Fri - Bodyweight Legs and Vinyasa Yoga.
    Sat - Anusara Yoga class. Kettlebell. Bodyweight pushing..
    Sun - Club cycle ride and cake. Pullups. Vinyasa Yoga.

No complete rest day, but each bodypart gets plenty of rest between workout focus.
  • nettasue35
    nettasue35 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    7 days
    1 to 1.5 hours
    ex. bike
    elliptical trainer,
    weights (only 2-3 days)
    walking
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    FWARK! Everyone is so pro compared to me!

I weight lift 3 days a week and do cardio (as part of my job as a postman) once a week... if i get called in for work, i do more i guess ;)
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I used to work out 6 times a week but now I am about 4-5lbs from my goal and eating a lot better it's usually 2-3 times per week. Also, because I am now running instead of doing home work outs, I am more conscious of taking the correct amount of rest days.
    I intend to lost my last few lbs slowly over the next 4-5 weeks and then join the gym and I intend to go 4 days a week max.
    I have spent 6 months working out 5-6 days per week and let it affect my social life. After working out 2-3 days per week for 2 weeks I have lost 4lbs so it's made me realise as long as I put in 100% when I do it, how often doesn't necessarily matter.
    HELLO weekend breaks away and random evenings out :)
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    depends my schedule. if im working 10 hours, i shoot for a half an hour a day and an hour on weekends. 8 hours, an hour a day. i try for everyday unless i get too busy. i have an elliptical at home and a gym membership.
  • perfekta
    perfekta Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I try for everyday, headaches throw me off track sometimes.

Dance Central 3
    Rebounding (mini trampoline)
    Step aerobics (yawn)
    Zumba (on Kinect)
    Bike riding
    Walking my dogs
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    6 days a week. 3 days I do strength training + short cardio, usually 30 min on elliptical. The other days I do pilates/yoga, Zumba 2x a week, and additional time on the elliptical or treadmill if I feel like it. I love working out, its an escape for me.
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Everyday

This!

3X weightlifting
    7X Cardio
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Biking~ 3-7 days a week
    Running~ 5k each week day morning, 10-15k on Sat & Sun
    Heavy lifting~ 3 days a week
    Hockey once a week
    Baseball twice a week

I switch up the 5k's sometimes to an hour of insane hill repeats that burn 900-1000 cal sometimes