Calculating Calorie Intake, BMR, and Macronutrients

Options
1235»

Replies

• spikeithard
    spikeithard Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    not sure if anyone pointed this out but in the OP, fat is 7 calories/gram not 9.

edit: sorry I am wrong.. I could swear I learned in college it was 7 lol..

DAMMIT
  • blueeyedangelar
    blueeyedangelar Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jklr2
    jklr2 Posts: 1
    Options
    Bump
  • tlynn1358
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and currently weigh 200 but I'd like to be down to 135. I was at 165 when going through a divorce so I know I can lose the weight again. What should I set my % at? I'd appreciate any help getting my life back on track. I joined the gym and have been going 3x a week for about 2 hours.
  • struggling_1980
    Options
    What different approach should be made for someone with hypothyroidism? i was diagnosed with it several years ago and have been on meds the whole time but the meds have not helped me with my weight struggle. i feel so lost and struggling. several weeks ago some close friends of mine started an 800 calorie/day diet and i could clearly see a difference in their body weight. I thought that if they could do it than i could too, so for the past 30 days i have eaten 800-1000 calories/day of mostly veggies, almost no fat or protein. I have managed to lose 20 pounds but i'm getting worried about maintaining, losing muscle mass, and screwing up my metabolism big time. i dont have a clue now what i should eat or what time of day or how much of it. I have consulted with multiple doctors about my weight struggle and they basically look at me like i'm a lazy slob and tell me to just "eat less and move more" when i signed up for MFP it recommended that i eat 1580 calories per day. i think that would be great, but i wonder if takes into account that i do have hypothyroidism and also can i expect a weight gain after eating 800-900 this past month?