Easter cheat day: yes or no ?

Options

Replies

• Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I worked out, and I don't plan on going over on my calories, so no, not really. But I'm not tempted with handfuls of candy lying around either. If you choose to indulge, just take a walk later, and you're good to go.
  • krayzieroach
    Options
    I ate some pancakes this morning but will hit the gym up in an hour(idk if its open lol) and hit that subway for a chopped salad afterwards.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in cheat days!!!! always listen to your body and eat with awareness. and yes, sometimes your body does ask for chocolate!!!

^Haha, I agree with this. I used to allow myself 'cheat days' but they really just set me back. Granted there is a wide gap between my calorie goal and my TDEE, especially on days that I work out, but I still try and stay as close to my goal as possible because each day that I go over is a day that's slowing my progress.
  • OneDimSim
    OneDimSim Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    No Cheats here! and 600 kcal burned @ gym!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I don't believe that eating food is "cheating." If you're curious though, you can peek at my diary.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,295 Member
    Options
    i had a 1000+ cal breakfast and logged it. will go for a run or bike today.
  • Juggernaut_D
    Juggernaut_D Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Enjoying being with the family, but there will be NO cheating today! The kids can enjoy their chocolate - I'm looking forward to a healthy turkey supper with veggies!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    What say you ? Will you cheat today ?
    I don't cheat. It's cheating.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    No cheats today ova here!!
  • BAFilek
    BAFilek Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    We went out for breakfast and I was full after less than 1/2 my meal. I chose turkey sausage and egg whites rather than whole eggs. I just ran 6.7 miles, so I think I'll be good the rest of today!
  • xscarletXbegoniasx
    Options
    morning walk plus heavy lifting session at the gym so I can eat my prime rib sliders and potatoes au gratin and drink my bellinis!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Nope. Worked Easter into my numbers. Even had half a sugar free bunny. :smile:
  • michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    No -- I am staying well within my calorie target. I did a very long workout to be sure of that! But I do think I will be over on my carb macro target (which I have set pretty low anyway). But that's based on sweet potatoes, not Peeps :)
    I'm by myself, working, today (unfortunately) -- but from a dietary standpoint it's better than being at dinners and looking at big baskets of candy, I guess (the silver lining!)....
  • xampx
    xampx Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Nope, I burned 550 cals at the gym earlier and bought chocolate on my way back, but not enough to push me over my goals
  • hannakengu
    hannakengu Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Partially. I had lunch at my grandparents' house, and because of our family dynamics (let's not get into all that) I don't want to tell them about trying to lose weight yet, so I tried not to make a scene out of it. So, I just tried to eat smaller amounts and add a bit more veggies (although no point in that since they were covered in oil), but saying no to the red wine or the dessert (basically cream with butter and sugar whipped into it) or the chocolate eggs would have just raised one too many eyebrows. I'm 21, my grandma always buys surprise eggs for us "kids" to eat at the coffee table, and me eating a chocolate egg and having fun with all the surprises with my siblings means more to my 77-year-old grandma than me not eating that egg means for me.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it is a cheat..but I am going to have rib roast, some mashed potatoes, and a little dessert..but I will fit it into my macros/cals for day...

Plus I ran 3.25 miles today in anticipation of Easter Sunday dinner...

Holidays should not really be an excuse for a blow out, but it is OK to eat foods that you might not normally eat and fit them into your cals for the day or eat up to maintenance...
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I don't do "cheat days" I'm not on a diet, I eat what I want when I want, and don't cut out any food so a bit of chocolate today isn't a big deal, hasn't done my weight loss any harm :flowerforyou:
  • jen81uk
    jen81uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I've had my Sunday roast and a few choc treats but only 200 cals over so I think I'll live :) x
  • sara0ann
    sara0ann Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've been eating very clean and healthy all day, and plan to continue. I'm going to get some extra exercise in and for dinner tonight I will not stuff myself with tons of unhealthy food but I will indulge on what I chose to, without feeling guilty :)

Happy Easter!
  • NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    No cheating here today. I am saving cheating for vacation only, which does not mean blowing it out, it just means switching to maintenance calories during that time. What do bunnies and eggs have to do with Easter anyway?