Easter cheat day: yes or no ?

Options

Replies

• MsJayeKaye
    MsJayeKaye Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I don't do "cheat days" I'm not on a diet, I eat what I want when I want, and don't cut out any food so a bit of chocolate today isn't a big deal, hasn't done my weight loss any harm :flowerforyou:
    ^^^ This right here and Happy Easter to you all!
  • IdleKoala
    IdleKoala Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm not gunna "cheat" but im not counting calories.
  • JHB2011
    JHB2011 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    absolutely.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I'm not afraid of calories :happy:
  • Defren
    Defren Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid it has turned out to be one, even though it wasn't planned. I am over on just about all my macro's, but you know what? I don't care. I stick to my diet every day, never go over (I did Christmas day) so I really don't mind. I doubt I will gain any weight and I have enjoyed my naughty treats. A once in a while treat does us all good, and will keep me on the straight and narrow until my daughters birthday in November. Three off diet days a year sounds ok to me. :-)
  • emelia_
    emelia_ Posts: 91
    Options
    Yes! Kind of, I rarely go over my calories and don't plan to today but lent is over and it's time for some cookies! :)
  • Defren
    Defren Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I am still logging everything but not concerned about staying in my calorie goal. I have been very good this last week. I have decided to take the day off. I am not eating huge amounts of everything but will not deny myself a taste of something I want. As of right now I have 6oo calories left and that will not be enough because there is a piece of cake with my name on it. As well as some potaoes, ham, roll, beans, and fruit. I am not walking today either. I usually don't on Sundays so that is not any different.

I have completed my diary for today (I am in the UK). I didn't have any chocolate, or candy, but I did eat way more than I usually do, and I have also logged every last calorie. My diary makes me accountable to myself, so I personally can't see the point in hiding what you have eaten. For most, if not all of us it's only going to be one day off diet, so hardly the end of the world. :-)
  • NewTnme
    NewTnme Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Naaa. Yesterday was my treat day:tongue:
  • ssb1662
    ssb1662 Posts: 26
    Options
    I save calories all week because I knew today was going to have some delicious, twice a year, surprises. Beef roast for dinnter followed by a black jelly bean and chocolate. And I already did 30 min of walking. More to come.
  • NYUbookworm
    Options
    Yes. I have designated holidays as being my FREE days. This gives me something to look forward to and keeps me from feeling deprived because I tell myself I can always have (fill in the blank) on the next holiday. However, I am tracking my food today so I can see how the calories rack up when I am not eating consciously. :wink:
  • wisteria55
    wisteria55 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Mine was last night...bought a bag of jelly beans planning to eat only a few at the time...got on the computer and sat here and ate the whole bag...it was a small bag, 7 oz, but I allowed myself to do it and felt bad about it later. The bag came to 775 calories...I could have had so much good, healthy food with those calories...that is what got me in to the shape I am in....mindless, unknowing, uncaring eating.
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    No cheat days for me anymore, im working things in to stay within my cals, ive been good and had one chocolate crispy cake.:drinker:
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Nope, Candy was never my thing anyways
  • tvixy
    tvixy Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm not going to count calories but I'm also not going to gorge myself. I'm going to try my hardest to listen to my body and not just eat mindlessly :)

Same here! I know I didn't came over my calories, but I ate a bit of Easter desserts :DD
  • fortner56
    fortner56 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    No I will not cheat on Easter. I just started keeping up with my calories/exercise. I have got to stay motivated to lose this excess weight I am caring. My secret sister at church gave me a chocolate bunny and some marshmellow chocolate eggs but I will not eat them. Pass them off to someone else. :smile:
  • tjl2329
    tjl2329 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hell yes. Ate two laffy taffy and a bowl of cereal for breakfast. Lu ch a hotdog with cheese and two pieces of chocolate. Dinner will be a cheeseburger with fries and onion rings. Doing lots of cleaning today so hopefully I wont go over calories but if I do oh well. I am going bowling with my kids and were going to eat and have a good time. Life's too short not to celebrate. lost over 10 lbs in march so no big deal. Happy easter
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Probably the only person who has gone totally overboard the last few days, and consumed vast quantities of chocolate.
    Will take me a week or two, most likely, to undo the damage. Not logged, too much to log, lol. But probably about a Ib of chocolate today.
  • Dragon67
    Dragon67 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Did not intentionally choose to go over my cals today, BUT I have - well I could not have tonights curry but I enjoy that time with my hubby. I will do my best for this to be only this day. I am hoping that only loggingandn eating 50% of my workout cals will have a good affect, Might only put 25% for the rest of the week to see if this pulls it back.
  • alsoagood1
    alsoagood1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am tracking everything and still have a few calories left over. That includes our desert!
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    :
    ......Chocolate Bunnies are in Safe Haven here...as is Peeps and Jelly Beans. This year, have decided not to bite off any bunny ears or blow up the Peeps in the microwave....:laugh:

What are "Peeps" please?
    And I dont plan to cheat. I have enough weight to drop, without adding any extra today. :sad: