What amazing new food did you discover this week?

Options

Replies

• kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Raw mini portabella mushrooms dipped in ranch...fat free, of course.
    Sure, it's not the deep fried mushrooms, but it's a substitute that worked and cut out the deep fried grease. :)
  • Mirlyn
    Mirlyn Posts: 256
    Options
    Trader Joe's side dish from the freezer section, "Potatoes, Haricot Vert, and Wild Mushrooms." Freaking delicious.
  • Liv_Curry
    Liv_Curry Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wal-Mart brand (Great Value) Light strawberry banana yogurt mixed with 2/3 cup Sunbelt Banana Nut Granola Cereal

ITS SOOOO GOOD!!!!

330 Calories, 54 Carbs and 9g Protein
  • maureensm
    maureensm Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Baked Sweet Potato! I just add salt and pepper. It's so flavorfull on it's own and so filling!

Also, fired up the BBQ this week and made grilled tuna and veggie kabobs. Sounds weird but it was delicious!
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Flatouts. Okay, I know everyone talks about them on here all the time, but I had never seen them at the store. Bought some of the italian seasoned kind - omg. Love em. I put everything in a flat out now. I made a regular turkey sandwich type one, I made one with turkey, hummus and feta (greek wrap -yay!), and one today that I pretty much just wrapped my usual salad (with morningstar farms grilled chik'n strips).

SOOOO good. Definitely more encouraged to go home and make something for lunch than go frozen! I want to try chicken parmesan in it!

SO Love Flatouts. I use them with turkey or chicken and mexicali dip from the deli,,, The whole meal is like 200 cals if that.
  • fonrouge82
    fonrouge82 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Chobani fat-free yogurt with honey. I add walnuts. Great source of fat-free protein as well as being yummy and filling. :love:
  • CharleneM
    CharleneM Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Orowheat Sandwich Thins - 100% Whole Wheat Bread

We found these at Costco but everyone sells them now. They are only 100 calories for the whole thing (both sides) I was using Oatnut bread which is 100 calories a piece, so for a sandwich it was 200 cal JUST FOR BREAD. Then we use Hillshire Roasted Turkey Breast thin sliced for only 50 cal for 2 oz.~~~So you can have a whole sandwich for 150 calories. Sometimes if I am really hungry and want a snack and know that whatever I decide on will not fill me up, I just have this for a snack and it is less cal than most low cal bars.
  • oohnee1
    oohnee1 Posts: 34
    Options
    Turkey meatball subs on Sara Lee 80 cal hot dog buns. Yummo!
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Turkey meatball subs on Sara Lee 80 cal hot dog buns. Yummo!

OOH that sounds good! Did you just make your own meatballs from ground turkey??
  • pfenixa
    pfenixa Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Wheat Thins Fiber - Garden Vegetable and reduced fat mozerella string cheese! I don't think I'd ever had Wheat Thins and I've avoided snacking on cheese since I was little, but last night I bought these to bring more variety to my snacks and I LOVE eating them together.

I keep reading about tomatoes and cucumber in balsalmic vinegar but I've never had balsalmic vinegar and don't know if I'd enjoy it. Anyone eat this?
  • lovechocolate
    Options
    I had ready-made polenta (Italfresco) - only 90 calories for a quarter of a packet (2 good slices). it's very filling.

Served it with roast chicken breast and oven-roasted veggies.
  • oohnee1
    oohnee1 Posts: 34
    Options
    Yes, and they came out SOOOO good. So much better then frozen. Yummms.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    blue potatoes! New to me:tongue:
  • sblim
    sblim Posts: 99
    Options
    Re: blue potatoes - I spend most of the year in Peru and they have over 3000 varieties of potatoes. You would be surprised to know how many weird ones there are! They even have purple corn that is used to make a juice called chicha morada. Anyways I digress. I had a cherimoya today. If you can get one in a whole foods or central market if suggest you try it. Very delicious !
  • candican
    candican Posts: 96
    Options
    I found Pure Protein brand Chewy Chocolate Chip protein bars this week. I think it tastes great and I always have one in my purse so that if I get hungry out and about, I can chow down on this. With 20g protein, it gets me through to the next meal!
  • princessorchid
    princessorchid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I started using agave to sweeten my yoghurt instead of honey - it's much sweeter so been using less of it. I've also started eating yoghurt again...
  • Naokoheart
    Naokoheart Posts: 161
    Options
    I made a red lentils dish today,I was in food heaven! xD
  • absie107
    absie107 Posts: 290
    Options
    i guess they aren't new... but locally grown tomatoes, sweet corn and white-flesh peaches are epic. the taste can't be beat.
  • borichfan
    borichfan Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    My current addiction is Tuna. I eat tuna in the flat bread, ( the sandwich thins) makes me full for a long time. I can live off that.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    grilled portobello cap as a "burger." Now, it's no beefy burger, but it's a nice substitute that takes on any flavor that you choose to put on it. I basted with teriyaki and topped with a pineapple for a hawaiian portobello burger! And get this...the whole cap only had ~30 calories! BIG difference from the ~250 for the beef patty.

This sounds great. I have been wanting to try Portabello mushroom caps. Everyone keeps telling me how good they are.