Pregnancy 2010 - June

Options

Replies

• shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone - We had our first shower yesterday (we are having 3!) and it was so awesome! We are officially in the single digits - 9 weeks! Can't believe I'll be a mom in 9 weeks or less. :)

At first when I read your comment I thought you meant 3 babies...I thought OH MY!!! Glad you meant showers! :laugh: Congrats, it's not too long now!

Oh dear God! 3 Showers....can't even imagine 3 babies! :laugh:
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options
    yessie - You look great! Cute pictures!

Shoppingquenn - 3 showers! Aren't you lucky! ;-) I'm guessing a work one, and friend one and ...?

Angela - you moved up to the 3rd from the last box (baby-gaga signature)! My mom threw us one yesterday, my inlaws are throwing us one in 2 weeks and then my stepmom is throwing me one the following week.
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options
    yessie - You look great! Cute pictures!

Shoppingquenn - 3 showers! Aren't you lucky! ;-) I'm guessing a work one, and friend one and ...?

hahahahahahah read the comment under the baby gaga counter :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    did you noticed that the three of us are wearing pink tops? I think we look great :glasses: I just walked for one hour and feel pumped!
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Pink must be THE color for pregnant women. :-)

Yessie - do you get any pain when walking for so long? I can do about a half-hour before the ligament stretching makes me start to limp/wobble/yelp *sigh I've gone an hour but the last 30-45 minutes are so slow I"m not sure it's really doing me any good other than making my feet and back hurt more. lol
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    I used to be able to walk at 3.5 to 4.0 mph on various incline on the threadmill, but now I can only go as fast as 2.8 for a while and then down to 2.5 mph. That's why I walked an hour to make up for the difference, I guess it's better than nothing. I was getting pain before I slowed down, how fast do you walk?
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone - We had our first shower yesterday (we are having 3!) and it was so awesome! We are officially in the single digits - 9 weeks! Can't believe I'll be a mom in 9 weeks or less. :)

At first when I read your comment I thought you meant 3 babies...I thought OH MY!!! Glad you meant showers! :laugh: Congrats, it's not too long now!

I thought the same thing!!! :laugh:
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    AF came today. :frown: I knew it was only a TINY possibility that I would get pregnant because of antibiotics, but I was still hopeful. I’m disappointed, but I know its better this way. I’m going to use the next 6 months to stay on track with my weight loss and just enjoy more time with the hubby. We’re going to stick to the plan and officially start TTC at the end of December.
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options
    did you noticed that the three of us are wearing pink tops? I think we look great :glasses: I just walked for one hour and feel pumped!

You're right! It's a great summer color for pregnant women :) We are all so cute! :tongue:
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    good luck to all the pretty ladies in pink, looks like you are all nearing your due dates.
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Weigh in today *sigh

Gained this week: 1.8lbs
    Starting weight: 162
    current weight: 180.2
    Pregnancy gain: 18.2

Yessie: yeah I tend to try to walk fast so I do 3.0 - 3.2 at various inclines for 30 minutes. I looked up the calories burned and it looks like walking at a speed of 3.0 burns 135 and walking at 2.5 for 60 is 245 so you are burning about 110 more calories going slower. I'll try that tonight and see if I can last longer walking slower. :-)

Shoppingquenn - your new pic is super cute! Is that your hubby?
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options
    Weigh in today *sigh

Gained this week: 1.8lbs
    Starting weight: 162
    current weight: 180.2
    Pregnancy gain: 18.2

Yessie: yeah I tend to try to walk fast so I do 3.0 - 3.2 at various inclines for 30 minutes. I looked up the calories burned and it looks like walking at a speed of 3.0 burns 135 and walking at 2.5 for 60 is 245 so you are burning about 110 more calories going slower. I'll try that tonight and see if I can last longer walking slower. :-)

Shoppingquenn - your new pic is super cute! Is that your hubby?

HAHA Angela - that's my crazy 21 year old brother.....

I'm weighing in tomorrow.....3 week doc appointment is next Tuesday....then it goes to 2 weeks - yikes!
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    shoppingqueen your getting so close! Are you super excited?!
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options
    shoppingqueen your getting so close! Are you super excited?!

I moved to the second to last picture. LOL 9 weeks away! I'm excited, but to be honest not in a rush for the pregnancy to be over with. I've had such a good pregnancy that I'm really comfortable....check back with me in 4 weeks and I might answer differently. :smile:

My mom's best friend's daughter is due a month before me (July 24th)......she had her baby boy yesterday - 4 weeks early - 6lbs and some odd oz and 18 inches. Holy crap - I can't even imagine going 4 weeks early!!!! I'm kinda panicking today.
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options
    I weighed in this morning - no gain this week. I gained 3 lbs last weigh in, so I guess it's all evened out. Total weight gain at 31 weeks is 24lbs.
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    shoppingqueen - are you on track for weight gain according to your OB? I've gained 18.2lbs at 28 weeks. Every appt my doc makes it sound like I"m gaining too much weight and gives me a lecture, but when I think about it, it seems like I'm on track. :-( Well ... I don't know I guess she only wanted me to gain 20-25lbs, so if we were shooting for 20lbs I see how I'm not going to make it. Is it unreasonable to think I could gain only 0.6lbs a week until my 40th week? I guess I've never gained that little since being pregnant ... so maybe I will go over. *sigh. I'm way too stressed out about this weight gain thing. I don't want a obese unhealthy baby because of my own fault. :-(
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I had a 2lb weight gain :sad: this week I'm at 177 I would really like to be at 155 before TTC but i'm running out of time. I know you can never really plan these things out but I would really love to have a baby in May.
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options
    shoppingqueen - are you on track for weight gain according to your OB? I've gained 18.2lbs at 28 weeks. Every appt my doc makes it sound like I"m gaining too much weight and gives me a lecture, but when I think about it, it seems like I'm on track. :-( Well ... I don't know I guess she only wanted me to gain 20-25lbs, so if we were shooting for 20lbs I see how I'm not going to make it. Is it unreasonable to think I could gain only 0.6lbs a week until my 40th week? I guess I've never gained that little since being pregnant ... so maybe I will go over. *sigh. I'm way too stressed out about this weight gain thing. I don't want a obese unhealthy baby because of my own fault. :-(

Yep I am. She told me I should gain between 25-35 lbs. I'm probably going to be closer to the 35 in the end. But my doc has not said a word about my weight and I even ask her to make sure it is ok. I started out at 145 and now I'm 169. If I do the babycenter weight tracking calculator it tells me I started out overweight and I'm above what I should be.... prior to getting pregnant I was in the best shape of my life....so I can only believe that one so much.

Don't stress about your weight! If you go over a little you go over....no biggie. I'm having a hard time eating a lot. So my doc told me to eat about 5-7 small meals a day. That has seemed to work for me. I get REALLY uncomfortable if I eat a big meal all at once.

Are you always hungry at this stage? I was super hungry all the time about week 12 and then it died down around week 18.

Your doc sounds mean...want me to punch him/her for you :laugh:
  • paldal
    Options

did you happen to mention to your ob that you were trying to lose weight? I think she is just being paranoid, 20 to 25 is the norm, even if you go to 25, it's not like you are constantly pigging out. Since your diet is healthy, I won't worry too much. You're taking good care of your baby don't worry. Maybe you'll just have a really heavy baby and the extra weight will all just come off.
  • paldal
    Options
    I moved to the second to last picture. LOL 9 weeks away! I'm excited, but to be honest not in a rush for the pregnancy to be over with. I've had such a good pregnancy that I'm really comfortable....check back with me in 4 weeks and I might answer differently. :smile:

My mom's best friend's daughter is due a month before me (July 24th)......she had her baby boy yesterday - 4 weeks early - 6lbs and some odd oz and 18 inches. Holy crap - I can't even imagine going 4 weeks early!!!! I'm kinda panicking today.

Doesn't panic induce early labor! :wink: j.k.