Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Snack Ideas for the Office?

2»

Replies

• Shetchncn1
    Shetchncn1 Posts: 260 Member
    I used to keep a stock of canned veggies. Nuke them and add a little spray butter and salt made a lot of cravings go away. Yeah carrots just make me hungry. I can eat a whole bag, feel sick and still not be full. IDK. BUT if I cook them then it works better for me.

Good luck!
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    I always end up bringing my own snacks into work. Hummus, wheat thins, celery, apples, trail mix, peanuts, cashews. :)
  • Monique1218
    Monique1218 Posts: 5 Member
    Hummus and tomatoes, 100 cal popcorn, apple, grapes, peanut butter on bread or tortilla
  • TheDarlingOne
    TheDarlingOne Posts: 255 Member
    White cheddar baked cheeto puffs are pretty good, and I've recently found them at Walmart in pre-packed 150calorie size snack bags. Also - if you want a lil' 'naughty' something haha - oreo has "oreo to go" packs - 3 cookies in a quick grab pack for like....170 cals (not totally sure on that one).
    Another fave of mine at work is greek yogurt.
  • I found tahini in the organic section of my grocery store. It's so simple to make homemade hummus...much easier than I thought.

I keep on hand much of what the other people have listed, along with instant oatmeal packets for a mid-morning snack and dry roasted edamame with sea salt for something crunchy.
  • mrsfoster102613
    mrsfoster102613 Posts: 126 Member
    If you have a sweet tooth, then sugar free candy is good. I like the Werther's candies in the variety of flavors. Sugar free jolly ranchers are good too. Maybe pair the carrotts with hummus. You could make that even yourself and it would be a lot cheaper than buying it. Depending on the diet you are doing, you could get some baked chips or crackers (Whole grain chips) are great with salsa too. Peanut butter and nuts are yummy also, or some dark chocolate - like the Ghiradeli's intense Twilight Chocolate.

Mmmm these sound yummy! I've always wanted to make my own hummus but I have no clue where to get tahini sauce lol

I've bough tahini sauce from amazon.com and vitacost.com. I read the reviews before purchasing. Tahini is also great in sauces and dressings, too!
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    If you have a sweet tooth, then sugar free candy is good. I like the Werther's candies in the variety of flavors. Sugar free jolly ranchers are good too. Maybe pair the carrotts with hummus. You could make that even yourself and it would be a lot cheaper than buying it. Depending on the diet you are doing, you could get some baked chips or crackers (Whole grain chips) are great with salsa too. Peanut butter and nuts are yummy also, or some dark chocolate - like the Ghiradeli's intense Twilight Chocolate.

Mmmm these sound yummy! I've always wanted to make my own hummus but I have no clue where to get tahini sauce lol

You don't have to use tahini. I just use canned chickpeas, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic cloves and a dash of red pepper for kick, then blend it up. Super easy!
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    I have been bringing raw snow peas. They are crunchy and really healthy. Plus no one wants to steal them ;)
  • tjbama09
    tjbama09 Posts: 15
    I keep celery at the office to munch on, fat free ranch for dipping...yummy.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    I have some roasted unsalted almonds in a drawer, and I make lots of tea at work just so I have a reason to get up and move away from the desk now and then (to pee, obv).
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    What I pack every day:

2 fruits, Chobani (either regular size or "bite"s), almonds (natural or cocoa roast)
    occasional snacks: Ghiradelli 86% cacoa chocolate squares, cooked steel cut oats with craisins

What I keep in my desk drawer:

Cheerios, Nature Valley protein bars, Kashi instant oatmeal

ETA: 100 calorie packs of microwave popcorn are great if you like salty/crunchy
  • mrsfoster102613
    mrsfoster102613 Posts: 126 Member
    If you are looking for snacks you can store at your desk, here’s a few ideas:

-raw nuts (pick a few of your favorites, decide on your portions and make snack bags for yourself)
    -dried fruits (same as nuts; pick your favorites and make snack bags)
    -bananas (buy them green so they will keep for a while)
    -organic teas
    -raw honey (I will eat a little taste from a spoon and add the rest to my tea)

Snacks to store in the refrigerator:

-clean and chopped raw veggies (broccoli, carrots, zucchini etc.)
    -raw almond butter
    -hummus
    -coconut water
    -homemade dressings (much healthier and more flavorful than prepackaged stuff)

Also, if you know a special event is coming up and sweets will be served, prepare ahead of time. Consider some of the following:

-organic dark chocolate bars (you can break off a few squares when you feel the need for something sweet)
    -Lara Bars (I love Apple Pie, but they have a wide variety to pick from)
    -frozen banana dipped in a homemade chocolate sauce (making it homemade allows you to control the sugar content)
    -frozen banana “ice cream” (Take a frozen banana, chop it and put it in the blender or food processor. This will turn into a creamy, ice-cream like consistency. You can store it in the freezer at work. You can also add raw cocoa powder, raw honey, organic maple syrup, nuts, fruit etc. to change it up and make it an extra-special treat.)

Good luck on your journey!
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    the Special K Choc/ Pretzel bars are awesome! Salty sweet goodness:smile:
  • Missellaneous02
    Missellaneous02 Posts: 70 Member
    I buy some fruit for the week and keep it in my lunch bag in the community fridge. But I also have Emerald Mixed Nuts, Quaker Oats Quakes, and usually some kind of chips form the Organic aisle, like Late July Dude Ranch chips.
  • Kaulette
    Kaulette Posts: 7
    Almonds and string cheese and all natural applesauce are my go to items.
  • charliemarie923
    charliemarie923 Posts: 275 Member
    i say creamfields cheese dippers or velvet brand crisps.
  • Juggernaut_D
    Juggernaut_D Posts: 149 Member
    unsalted roasted cashews! yum!
  • KSfitgal
    KSfitgal Posts: 59 Member
    You can probably always improvise. An Indian market would have it or probably something like Whole Foods would too.