Why the Scale Sucks

Options
2»

Replies

• bekah818
    bekah818 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Thanks for sharing :) I think a lot of people (including me) needed to see this.
  • cnewlin86
    cnewlin86 Posts: 87
    Options
    I agree!! The scale moves slower than I like but I do pictures every month and my measurements twice a month. if I focused only on the scale I wouldn't be where i am today. It's been over 10 days since I've seen the scale go down and yes, it bugs me that it isn't moving but it also makes me push harder and when others see a difference in me I know I am still on the right track. Thanks for sharing this because you do look great! And I can see the difference! And it's just another boost I need to keep me moving forward!
  • kmchambers64
    kmchambers64 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    thanks for this reminder... I haven't really seen the scale move since I started the 30 day shred (20 days ago... I start level 3 today!!)... I was getting a little discouraged, but with the encouragement of my measurements and my friends and husband, I have seen improvement as far as inches... My pants (that I bought right before I started) fit perfectly before the shred. Now they are loose. I had to tighten my belt (using the custom made holes my hubby put in for me). Shirts that I couldn't fit in before now fit!!! While the scale hasn't been moving, I have... It's just nice to know that I'm not the only one dealing with this dilemma....

I did not lose a single pound doing the shred. But I lost 12 inches. So don't give up. I start LV 4 of Ripped in 40 on Wednesday. And I have read several other posters who did not lose weight doing the Shred, but lost plenty of inches.
  • kmchambers64
    kmchambers64 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this reminder
  • babynun
    babynun Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I even googled how to weigh yourself on a scale because I was so frustrated with mine. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out but when the #s increase and you're losing inches, it's frustrating!

I was sceptical with the 30 day shred but there have been many, many positive comments on here so I added it to my workout routine. I'm on day 4, level 1 and my muscles ache! So probably a good sign.

My advice...stop weighing yourself! :wink:
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I do like this reminder. I have cut down from weighing myself every day to once a week. but i still do it because it still lets me keep track of my weight, i know inches matter but it just helps me keep myself in check
  • AGREENLEE1960
    AGREENLEE1960 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I refuse to live my life by watching a number..I am not a number. Just keep on working out and eating right. The health benefits are
    astounding!
  • Allup2Me78
    Allup2Me78 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I have lost 5.5 lbs from Jan-March but still can tell I am loosing because of how my clothes fit and compliments I get...The scale has been mean to me lately...Good to see this post and see that I am NOT alone in this!! :)
  • kestrel359
    kestrel359 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    bump :tongue:
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Coming along nicely
  • Snapper1985
    Snapper1985 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    From November 1st to January 1st I went from 160 lbs to 140 lbs, but only went from 38% body fat to 36% body fat. From January to now I have only lost 5 lbs but I went from 36% body fat to 29%. Seeing the scale refuse to move has been extremely frustrating. Luckily I am taking part in a body transformation challenge that requires me to take pictures every month, and comparing January's pictures to today's pictures has been very motivating. If you haven't already realized how poor of a tool your scale is for rating your improvement, then I hope this is adequate proof for you.
    575647_144999892340398_1543639743_n.jpg

And yet you clearly still use your scale...
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    thanks for this reminder... I haven't really seen the scale move since I started the 30 day shred (20 days ago... I start level 3 today!!)... I was getting a little discouraged, but with the encouragement of my measurements and my friends and husband, I have seen improvement as far as inches... My pants (that I bought right before I started) fit perfectly before the shred. Now they are loose. I had to tighten my belt (using the custom made holes my hubby put in for me). Shirts that I couldn't fit in before now fit!!! While the scale hasn't been moving, I have... It's just nice to know that I'm not the only one dealing with this dilemma....
    I only lost five pounds but my body shape totally changed. Its about inches not numbers
  • kestrel359
    Options

It's required for the fitness competition I'm participating in, otherwise I would have given it up months ago
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    From November 1st to January 1st I went from 160 lbs to 140 lbs, but only went from 38% body fat to 36% body fat. From January to now I have only lost 5 lbs but I went from 36% body fat to 29%. Seeing the scale refuse to move has been extremely frustrating. Luckily I am taking part in a body transformation challenge that requires me to take pictures every month, and comparing January's pictures to today's pictures has been very motivating. If you haven't already realized how poor of a tool your scale is for rating your improvement, then I hope this is adequate proof for you.

Clearly she is showing that little weight loss doesn't mean you will not have results and that you lose inches but not pounds.... at least that's what I got out of it.
  • kestrel359
    Options

Clearly she is showing that little weight loss doesn't mean you will not have results and that you lose inches but not pounds.... at least that's what I got out of it.

thank you. that was exactly my point by posting this
  • anarjackson
    anarjackson Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Wow!! This so inspiring!! Way to go!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!