Do you look in the mirror.....

Options

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Sorta depends....

When I'm tired and do NOT feel like working out, I look awesome and I reason that I've reached my goal of wearing size 4 pants and having a flat stomach.

Then when I want to wear a short-ish dress or shorts, I see that I still have some fat hanging around my knees and under my butt and realize that I'm not quite there yet. So then I know I need to work harder.

Then I get tired and....yea...you get the idea. lol :)
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I usually look in the mirror and think, "I wonder if my wife is gonna b**ch at me if I don't shave my unibrow today".

LOL almost spit my drink
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    I wish...unfortunately I've been struggling something serious with body image issues.

No way, if that is you in your avatar, you are a KNOCKOUT!! You have a smoking hawt physique ......

I am not trying to hit on you, I am just stating a fact here ....
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I wish...unfortunately I've been struggling something serious with body image issues.
    Do not let them run your life and do not be afraid to bring this to someone's attention. I had body dysmorphia and was anorexic for years. It isn't something I would wish on anyone.

Personally I do see some flaws, some that will never go away no matter how hard I work out (stretch marks, laugh lines) but I would wear a two piece proudly for I have worked hard to be where I am mentally and physically. I always strive to be better but I never lose site of my accomplishments.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Yep & that was what was wrong with the whole thing. It took a photo of me to show me.... that was all. Next day I started working out & eating better..... 7 months later hit my goal.
  • Mikemax125
    Mikemax125 Posts: 108
    Options
    Even when im just going pee
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    and see complete and total hotness regardless of what you weigh??? I do and I think that's why I have not been successful at loosing weight and keeping it off!!!

Anyone else feel like this??? Heard of the pin-up model Tess Munster?? She is amazing I tell ya

tumblr_lje565gtZb1qhei8lo1_500.jpg
    model_003.jpeg
    267841_244067858952260_184614634897583_1036946_7644180_n.jpg

That is not beautiful & I do not care what anyone says. She's overweight, unhealthy & well..... unfit. Sorry but that's the truth & sugar coating it as BBW is not on anymore. We have become a world that make pretend that being fat as long as you are a model is ok? Or that beauty is on the inside? Stuff beauty...what about being HEALTHY on the inside & out? What about caring enough about yourself to do something about it? Tattoos & bright hair do not take away from the fact that you are overweight, unhealthy & more than likely going to be sick easier or die earlier than those who are actually working hard to take care of themselves.

Sorry but I find anyone who thinks that THAT looks fantastic & beautiful to be sick in the head.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I do but this all I see...
    tumblr_mk4lxlXFTN1rkpg3mo1_500_zps5df0790d.gif

Hopefully when I'm happier with myself I'll see something more positive.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    THIS:""""""""""""""""""""" """"""That is not beautiful & I do not care what anyone says. She's overweight, unhealthy & well..... unfit. Sorry but that's the truth & sugar coating it as BBW is not on anymore. We have become a world that make pretend that being fat as long as you are a model is ok? Or that beauty is on the inside? Stuff beauty...what about being HEALTHY on the inside & out? What about caring enough about yourself to do something about it? Tattoos & bright hair do not take away from the fact that you are overweight, unhealthy & more than likely going to be sick easier or die earlier than those who are actually working hard to take care of themselves.
    Sorry but I find anyone who thinks that THAT looks fantastic & beautiful to be sick in the head"""""".

• fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Yes and then someone takes a 'natural picture' of me and I'm like why the f did no one tell me I look like that!?

Then I get cross and eat chocolate
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    THIS:""""""""""""""""""""" """"""That is not beautiful & I do not care what anyone says. She's overweight, unhealthy & well..... unfit. Sorry but that's the truth & sugar coating it as BBW is not on anymore. We have become a world that make pretend that being fat as long as you are a model is ok? Or that beauty is on the inside? Stuff beauty...what about being HEALTHY on the inside & out? What about caring enough about yourself to do something about it? Tattoos & bright hair do not take away from the fact that you are overweight, unhealthy & more than likely going to be sick easier or die earlier than those who are actually working hard to take care of themselves.
    Sorry but I find anyone who thinks that THAT looks fantastic & beautiful to be sick in the head"""""".

i can see your point... but.

you can be beautiful but be fat.
    just as you can still be beautiful when you have cancer, when you're 100y/o, when you're dead.
    i think she would look MORE beautiful were she a healthy weight.
  • sammirust
    sammirust Posts: 83
    Options

^^ im glad i wasnt the only one thinking it. she has a pretty face ill give her that, but honestly, i dont think we should be showcasing her obese form and calling it anything but sad. that said, i also dont think those sticks that we call super models should be showcased either. both are to extreme and just wrong.
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    I never have tbh, and I think that's been my failure.

If id bothered to check myself out more often, maybe I would have realised just how big I had become.

Maybe I already knew and just couldn't face it.

Either way, I do now, and its been a great motivator.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options

^^ im glad i wasnt the only one thinking it. she has a pretty face ill give her that, but honestly, i dont think we should be showcasing her obese form and calling it anything but sad. that said, i also dont think those sticks that we call super models should be showcased either. both are to extreme and just wrong.

I agree with you both.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options

i can see your point... but.

you can be beautiful but be fat.
    just as you can still be beautiful when you have cancer, when you're 100y/o, when you're dead.
    i think she would look MORE beautiful were she a healthy weight.

This|

Plus OP was saying she thought this person was beautiful, she wasn't asking if you think she is healthy because she probably isn't. How ever - I know MANY skinny people who are unfit & unhealthier than I am so you can't always judge a book by it's cover.
    I think this girl has a pretty face but don't think the body is beautiful, kudos to her for loving herself though.
  • michelejlm
    michelejlm Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    YES!! and why I did not know how out of hand my weight is. I like who I am, but when I saw a photo of me on my daughters 14th birthday Friday (with my love of 6months) I was HORRIFIED! I knew I was big, and when I tell people my weight they say "you carry it well" or "surely your not that big." I wish they would have told me the truth! The mirror and I are gonna have it out and I will win.....muhahahaha!~
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    and see complete and total hotness regardless of what you weigh??? I do and I think that's why I have not been successful at loosing weight and keeping it off!!!

Anyone else feel like this??? Heard of the pin-up model Tess Munster?? She is amazing I tell ya

Do I see total hotness? Of course not. I have never been slim until recently. Regardless of what I weigh, I think I will always see the almost 200 pound girl looking back at me,
  • IvyWhispers
    IvyWhispers Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    No actually I don't and I never have. I always see my own little flaws that are more than likely non-existant (according to my husband) and the spots that are wiggly, jiggly and need to be tightened up which are more than likely non-existant (according to my husband).

This is me usually. My boyfriend asked if I wanted to wear a bikini this summer because he thinks I look amazing but I felt too insecure and went with a one-piece instead. I'm such a wuss. Maybe next summer... >.<

I did this with my boyfriend...he's always telling me about how good I look in my dresses...I still wear jeans on a night out
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I have a lovely friend and she says that when she walks past a mirror or window, she cannot recognise herself anymore - how is that for a NSV?!!
  • biddy81
    biddy81 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    No actually I don't and I never have. I always see my own little flaws that are more than likely non-existant (according to my husband) and the spots that are wiggly, jiggly and need to be tightened up which are more than likely non-existant (according to my husband).

This is me usually. My boyfriend asked if I wanted to wear a bikini this summer because he thinks I look amazing but I felt too insecure and went with a one-piece instead. I'm such a wuss. Maybe next summer... >.<

I did this with my boyfriend...he's always telling me about how good I look in my dresses...I still wear jeans on a night out

The best I get out of my husband (if I ask, otherwise nothing) is, "You look fine." I've learned that I can only rely on myself (and my family - they rock!)