Replies

• barbaratrollman
    barbaratrollman Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    work how? it's not some magic pill. you won't lose weight.
    it's to build strength
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    also if you can do 250 squats your time would be better used doing less and using weights. as heavy as needed to make it challenging. or jump squats, or elevate 1 leg on a step. make it more challenging not just boring bw squats, and use your rest days every other day or more often.
  • cocoloco122
    cocoloco122 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow, that looks pretty intense. I'm in my second week of the 30Day Shred by Jillian Micheals which consists of squats too but she incorporated cardio with strength... So, its jumping jacks or punches and jump rope, etc. then immediately into squats and arm lifts together to work multiple muscles at one time. Its pretty intense and there are three levels on my dvd. I have noticed a difference not only in the gluts but my arms and waist, allover!
  • amanda_danielle18
    amanda_danielle18 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i also saw this today -- my mom posted it on my facebook haha.
    but we're both gonna start it after supper!
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Should I do squats with a knee that crunches badly? Started the challenge yesterday but the noise put me off.
  • LittleMissLisa
    Options
    I squat 100-130lbs, 3sets, 15 reps. It works!

The challenge sounds good, lots of squats is better than no squats. But it makes me wonder, would you see more progress doing 100 dumb bell curls with a 5 lb weigh OR 10 curls with a 20 lb weight? Im guessing youd progress more with high weight, low reps.

This is why I use heavy weight. BUT Im no expert. Can anyone tell me why this challenge would be better than using heavy weights?
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I didn't see anything about weight. Isn't there weight involved? I've started doing it with a kettlebell but interested in what others are doing.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Should I do squats with a knee that crunches badly? Started the challenge yesterday but the noise put me off.

I have bad knees too so I do straight leg dead-lifts. It's also good for booty and doesn't hurt your knees.
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't think you should do this challenge. There are so many things wrong with it. First of all being that working your leg muscles hard everyday doesn't give them any time to recover. And second, doing dozens upon dozens of squats daily will stress your hip flexors and make you prone to injury.

If you want to build strength in your legs and tighten your bottom, you should look into do squats every other day or every 2 days. Start with body weight only and add dumbell weights as you get stronger. Do 10 or 15 squats, rest for a minute and do another 10 or 15, do that for a total of 8 times. Rest a day or two and then Repeat. Once the 8 sets are easy, add weight. and start over with 8 to 10 reps for 8 sets. ....it gets easy again, add more weight. That way you are building strenght and doing it in a safe manner.

squats and lunges are ok for weak knees but only if you don't over do it by doing too much too soon.

I have bad knees and I squat with 32lbs. I do 5sets with 8 reps in each set. Next week I plan to bump that up 36lbs.
  • sangeyvang
    sangeyvang Posts: 182
    Options

IS.THAT.DARRYL!? AHHH!!! lucky!!!!
  • Michelled1919
    Michelled1919 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chilliewillie75
    Options
    Bump
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    on day 2 today!!!
  • Cassie8877
    Cassie8877 Posts: 177
    Options
    On day 2 myself!
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I did it last month, and my *kitten* looks FABULOUS!!!!! I can tell a pretty big difference.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I don't photograph my backside. . .or, really, I generally avoide camera's altogether, but I can tell you that squats, lunges, and the like. . .can only help one's backside and quads/hams. Make sure your form is correct and don't put too much stress on your knees (ie make sure your knees don't shoot out over your toes) and you'll make those booty muscles work nicely. And, from my husband's stand point. . .squats are VERY good!!! :-)
  • livinbb
    livinbb Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!