Yoplait yogurt, yes or no?

Options
2»

Replies

• Phany04
    Phany04 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I loveeeeee yoplait Greek! 100 calories, low in sugar, high in protein. :) I also like dannon Greek light
  • pterradactyl
    Options
    I know you said that you don't like Greek yogurts, but have you tried Yoplait's Greek option? Their vanilla Greek yogurt tastes a lot more like the normal kind, but I think it's still got more protein in it. If you want the yogurt to actually count as part of a meal, I would pick something different with more protein or fat. But just for snacks/desserts or whatever, I'd say it's fine :]
  • sunleigh
    sunleigh Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I would say it's not a good choice. Have you looked in the ingredients in most yoplait yogurts? Usually added sugars, High fructose corn syrup (thats how they get away with saying "no added sugar" and it's really bad for you) not as much protein as possible.

If you don't like greek yogurt, why not try the vanilla flavors or the honey flavors? I can't imagine anyone who likes regular yogurt who wouldn't like the vanilla or honey flavored greek yogurts. Don't give up on it yet! it's so much better for you.

PS: a sidenote in case you're not already doing so, look at the INGREDIENTS before the nutrition label. If the INGREDIENTS are crap, you already know to put it back.

EXACTLY on the ingredients comment!!! a lot have splenda or HFCS...stay away!!! i will buy organic if I am not buying greek
  • BunkyBumBum
    BunkyBumBum Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I hate yoplait! And I refuse to eat anything with HFCS in it, your body can't metabolize that crap the way it can regular sugar.

I like greek yogurt, but I'm picky about it. If you haven't tried it try the Fage with the fruit compote on the side - Blueberry Acai is a good one to start with, but I like pretty much all of them except the orange cinnamon one. Or you can buy fage and then mix in some jam or honey). There is a lot of sugar in the one with the fruit, but I consider it good because of all the protein, which I need.

It's important to note that not all greek yogurt is the same. I won't eat a bowl of chobani or any other type, but I LOVE the fage stuff. You just need to taste them all and decide if you like them individually. I eat a cup of the Fage 0% (usually blueberry acai) every day at about 3pm, it helps keep my blood sugar in check right when it starts to plummet and the protein keeps me full so I don't scarf down dinner like a hungry lumberjack.
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    any thing granular like sugar will be like little rocks and don't dissolve well.

I am not sure this works with the granular sugar replacers but when we used to make strawberry shortcake, we would add sugar to strawberries and they would juice and the crystals would not be hard.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I don't think so.. I have avoided Yoplait for awhile for the sugar alone.. atleast the versions available here in Canada.

Greek yogurt is my choice.. this is something everyone has to watch for though too because many are low protein and high sugar.. not worth it IMO if you can find something with moderate sugar and high protein. My preference is Liberte Greek Yogurt.. I need flavour so I get the Vanilla one :smile: