Do You Post Your Food Ahead of Time?

Options
Just curious if you post your food to your diary ahead of time? Do you feel this is a helpful tactic or not?

Replies

• lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I sometimes plan my entire day. It helps. I make sure I have my after dinner snack accounted for, so I don't jeopardize not being able to have it.
  • nsagley
    nsagley Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I usually log what I have planned for dinner in the morning when I log breakfast and it seems to help me make better choices for lunch.
  • bunnyboo24
    bunnyboo24 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I usually post my breakfast and lunch for the next day, the night before. I think it helps me to stay on track.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I plan ahead as much as I can, I find it helps me to stick to it better.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I often do, it helps me to have things planned out and it helps me know what I can tweak if things go sideways earlier in the day.
  • denemartin
    denemartin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This works great if you tend to eat compulsively. It helps me avoid those little indulgences that wreck my calorie total for the day.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    i prelog the night before. it does help me.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Yes, I sometimes pre-log. It helps me stay on track for the day and I know if there are any 'spare' calories left so I can enjoy some treats at the end of the day.
  • toastnhunny
    toastnhunny Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    If I already have dinner planned, I will log ahead, and it helps me to think better about lunch and snacks. Sometimes I do it to keep me from forgetting about it later that night. Lol
  • Zoe85
    Zoe85 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I always post my food for the day every morning Mondays - Fridays but not weekends :) thats only because all my meals in the week are pretty much planned out and i find it easy to follow and keeps me on track knowing what calories i have left after ive had all my meals :)
  • Shani_Shoo
    Shani_Shoo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, especially work days. I eat the same breakfast, lunch and snack and I know I have had 6 glasses of water by the time I leave work. I have plenty to work out dinner and afternoon tea if I want. Weekends are different, although I do try and have the same breakfast.

I think it definitely helps to plan ahead. I always try and eat before I get too hungry because if I haven't planned, I may make a bad decision that I will regret.
  • emsicle_o
    emsicle_o Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Most of the time yes. I use it to figure out how many calories / fats I'm having for meals and then what snacks I might be able to have in between. It especially helps as motivation to exercise when I'm feeling lazy, even more so when people congratulate me on burning calories / working out. No excuses then!
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    1-2 weeks in advance.
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    i prelog the night before. it does help me.

^^^ This
  • copperbopper1
    Options
    I only started yesterday and have put in my foods at the beginning of the day. I am hoping it will keep me on track for the day.:smile:
  • sheilatush
    sheilatush Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I try and log my breakfast...lunch and dinner and then know what extras health stuff I can have in the rest of day...within my calories
    Find it helps me from picking

Sheila
  • IamLoriJ
    IamLoriJ Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    If I post my food for the day first thing in the morning it really helps to keep me on track. When I don't I tend to slide a bit and not track everything I am supposed to!
  • ilmb87
    ilmb87 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    As much as I can, but life happens. I don't get upset if I have to re-log something different.
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I always know what I will be eating the next day for the most part and have started plugging that stuff in the night before. I eat a lot of the same foods for breakfast/lunch so it's easy to plan and it works well for me. I usually leave myself as decent chunk of cals for dinner and after dinner snack.
  • grdaze
    grdaze Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    well I don't and it's worked out okay for me so far. I don't want to be "stuck" having to eat what I said I would and it gives me some flexibility ... if I end up going out for lunch, I know I need to have a small calorie dinner to make up for that (or whatever)