Chicken recipes WANTED

Options
124»

Replies

• saltzeeman
    saltzeeman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I put 5 or 6 chicken breasts, skinless, and all visible fat trimmed, pour a can of green enchilda sauce on it (which is virtually calorie free) and set on the poultry setting and it is perfect in 5 hours or so. I then "pull" it apart and eat with a 40 calories corn tortialla, so good.
  • paulamhunt
    paulamhunt Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • KristyTonn
    KristyTonn Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    We do boneless skinless chicken breasts in the crock pot with marinara sauce. Throw the chicken in partially thawed, or thawed, along with a jar of marinara, and a few hours later = yum!
  • bateslin
    bateslin Posts: 67
    Options
    Crock Pot Recipe;

Put 2-3 chicken breasts (fresh or frozen) in bottom of crock pot.
    Mix 2-3 TBSP of taco or fajita seasoning with double the amount of water (I eye it...you can add extra water if you need) pour over chicken and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low 6-8 hrs.

Shred chicken and you can use it in so many things. You can put in wraps, make enchiladas, taco salads, etc. Super easy.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    The BBC Good Food website has some realy good chicken recipes. The Chicken Saag is one of my favourites!

Ax
    Everyone loves the BBC...

Chicken + Frank's Hotsauce + Anything = Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.
  • Ash_Diya
    Ash_Diya Posts: 36
    Options
    Chipotle-Chicken Salad (my style)

1. Romaine Lettuce
    2. Grilled Chicken
    3. Black Beans
    4. Corn
    5. Tomatoes
    6. Scallions

For the dressing:
    1. Lime juice
    2. Rice vinegar
    3. Honey
    4. Garlic
    5.Chipotle chillies
    6. Cilantro

Prepare the dressing by mixing all the ingredients together and adding chopped cilantro on top.
  • Laffinhippiegurl
    Laffinhippiegurl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump
  • McGruber03
    McGruber03 Posts: 113
    Options
    When I don't feel like cooking, I put a chicken breast in a covered oven safe dish with some BBQ sauce and Balsamic Vinagrette mix (about 1/2 cup BBQ sauce, 2-3 tablespoons dressing) and bake it until it reaches 160 degrees. Then I steam some cauliflower or broccoli as a side. And sometimes make some quick Near East couscous b/c it only takes 5 minutes. Easiest meal ever.
  • natashalh1998
    natashalh1998 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Sauté chicken in skillet until done, add Franks hot sauce cook until warm.
    Eat on a low carb tortilla ( I use Ole High Fiber Low Carb)
    You can add a little blue cheese crumbles ( I use Bolthouse Farms Yogurt Ranch dressing)
    Veggies of your liking

Very quick and low in calories
  • yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I keep pan seared chicken breast in my frig, I diced them up. I make pasta with vegetables, then add some sauteed tomatoes and some cheeses. I usually add some olive oil with a little bit of butter or have enough liquid where I can add a bouillon for taste. Lately though I've been buying stir fry sauces and adding to my chicken with vegetables and rice. But having that chicken in the frig already done is a blessing. I do the same thing to ground meat, just have it browned off and seasoned. Make wraps or salads.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    definitely bump
  • daniel_rubin
    Options
    5+lbs skinned chicken through grinder
    add hamburger seasoning (it's called hamburger)
    2 eggs
    3 cups of oatmeal blended in a blender dry (creates a powder)
    mix all in a bowl and once more through the grinder

chicken burgers
  • sueswan74
    sueswan74 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tmpayton
    tmpayton Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    boneless, skinless chix breast, pounded so relatively the same thickness
    sprinkle/coat with blackening seasoning (I coat-like the heat)
    seer in olive oil sprayed pan about 7-8 minutes per side
    place pan in 350 oven and cook until juices run clear

I usually serve with salad/steamed veggies &/or brown rice
  • angelh1908
    angelh1908 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    bump

I'm LOVING these recipes!
  • 57viv
    57viv Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Garlic-Lime Chicken
    Adapted from All Recipes

3/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1/8 teaspoon paprika
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/8 teaspoon onion powder
    1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
    1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
    4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves

2 tablespoons butter
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    2 teaspoons garlic powder
    3 tablespoons lime juice

1. In a small bowl, mix together salt, black pepper, cayenne, paprika, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, onion powder, thyme and parsley. Sprinkle spice mixture generously on both sides of chicken breasts.
    2. Heat butter and olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute chicken until golden brown, about 6 minutes on each side. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons garlic powder and lime juice. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently to coat evenly with sauce.

I would cut back on the salt by a third however and although the butter makes it yummy I do use olive oil and I do pound out the breast so it cooks evenly. For those who don't do spicy omit the cayenne and use smoked paprika.
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Ohhhhhhh...so many to try.

I'll add this cooking light recipe. Dak Bokkeum with Spinach. (Korean chicken stew with spinach over rice) It is sssoooo good and has become a staple here. Easy and replaces my need to eat out Asian.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/dak-bokkeum-spinach-korea-50400000119683/

The gochujang (Korean chile sauce) is well worth finding. The sub's i tried did not work nearly as well.
  • Coppertop1220
    Options
    Bump