Do You Post Your Food Ahead of Time?

Options

Replies

• Trisha_e
    Trisha_e Posts: 27
    Options
    I plan for breakfast and dinner. I have classes that are back to back so sometimes I don't get to have lunch until 1pm. So at least that way I can make a choice on what to eat for lunch already knowing what my calorie count is for the rest of the day.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    i tried this for 1 day, and liked it, it would work best if i'm not eating frequently and put in simple things like turkey burger with broccoli for dinner. i haven't been logging long though and i tend not to eat the same thing all the time. if you do the same ingredients over and over it could save some time
  • Sam3622
    Sam3622 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I always pre-log my food for the next day or next couple of days if I know what i'm gonna be doing. I work in an office all week so i plan each day out as i usually have to take most of the days food with me anyway. For me, it has proven to be super successful because i don't have the worry of not knowing what I'll be eating or what is in it.

Good luck with your journey!
  • MelisandreRed
    MelisandreRed Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I do tend to do it for the days I work, since I pack my lunches anyway. It also helps keep me from straying.
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I often go through and put in the foods I expect to eat during the day and then in the evening, go make any adjustments that are needed.
  • ampeterson69
    Options
    After the evening meal I log that meal and the next days breakfast, lunch and snacks. It doesn't take very long and I know exactly how many calories I have left to work with the next day.
  • beckty
    beckty Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Almost always (weekends are more difficult) It helps me stay on track yes, and to have treats when I have room. And also, if I plan out the day and see my macro's are a bit off, I can tweak it. I usually have to drop some carbs and add some protein. I struggle with that balance. Pre-tracking helps me see it.
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Not for my every day food. I will pre-log if I'm going out (to figure out the best option), or if I want to indulge in something, to see how much "damage" it will do to my day.
  • mrsTravo9112
    mrsTravo9112 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I usually post my breakfast and lunch for the next day, the night before. I think it helps me to stay on track.

I do the same, it helps me committ to it... Also because of my work schedule, i cook my family dinner the night before or the morning of, so it's ususally logged. I'm also a student & don't get home until late on class nights so i pack my lunch, dinner & snacks so i know what I'm supposed to have... IF i happen to stray, i just adjust, but 8 times out of 10 I stick to it!

At my job, I'm at a computer for the majority of the day, so I don't have to "HUNT" for something to eat when its my break time, I just go to MFP & see what i am 'scheduled' to have... Takes all the 'guess work' out.
  • Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I've been logging my food and exercise the night before. It helps me not forget to eat the fruits and vegetables I bought (don't get me wrong, I *love* them, but sometimes if the broccoli gets pushed to the back of the fridge or something, I think I've run out and don't realize I was wrong until it's too late), and it reminds me what exercise I've planned to do. I make adjustments as needed. For instance, I'm *really* hungry right now for some reason, so I'll be swapping my light lunch with my much more satisfying dinner.

I don't prelog snacks, though. I've usually got a couple hundred calories of wiggle room, so if I need to munch on a bunch of nuts or have a scoop of ice cream (sometimes that is a need), it's cool. Also, if I end up missing part of my planned exercise, I'll live.

When I don't prelog an entire day, I do log right before I make my meal or right before I eat. Often that leads to better choices (like cutting down the oil in one of my stir-fry recipes -- still tasted great!). Sometimes, though, I really don't care what the calorie damage is. I still log first, but then I plow on ahead. As long as that doesn't happen everyday, it's no big deal.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I often post my planned meals and exercise before I do them. After all, if I put it on the Internet, I have to make sure it's true, right? Those are the rules. . . aren't they?
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I log as I eat throughout the day!
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I generally enter dinner ahead of time if I'm sure what we're having. This gives me better control over my day since I can see if I need more or less of a certain macro in the other things I eat during the day. Sometimes I'll pre-log snacks and other meals too if I want to get a general idea of how the day is going to go. I use it as a guide though and certainly allow for change.
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I pretty much always pre-log my meals, and I'll leave a couple hundred calories leftover for some wiggle room/snacks. :) Very helpful, keeps me on track, and I don't have to stress about my macros or what I'm going to eat next!
  • mrsfoster102613
    mrsfoster102613 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of your input, y'all. Feel free to add me if you need a friend for some support. I try to log-in every day. Good luck on your journey! :smile:
  • CarlKRobbo
    CarlKRobbo Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I try to, It allows me to make sure I hit my targets, and Lets me know what cheat foods I can eat!!
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    On days that I work, I like to pre-log, that way I can pack snacks and lunch. Otherwise, I would end up eating fast food or something. When I don't work, I don't worry about it, because it's easy for me to log as I eat.
  • kristina1709
    kristina1709 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    During the week I log my food every morning for the day. Sometimes I do it on the weekends but not very often.
  • beckymlong
    beckymlong Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have started to plan ahead I find it helps me because I don't accident go over my calories if I know what I'm supposed to eat it also helps me plan a more balanced diet through the day, I used to eat far too much fat or carbs and never enough protein, its balancing out now :-)
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Always for breakfast and lunch. Helps me plan dinners and snacks better.