(Wishlisted: 20)

If anyone wants to play anything.

Add me:

PSN: dirtyd89

Steam: _dirtyd89

Replies

• larthsidious
    Options
    i havent done much multiplayer, but ive been wanting to get more into it. I have a ps3 as well, but it mostly collects dust, play mostly on the pc with steam, and bf3 on origin only because thats the only way you can play that game on pc, I'll add you :)
  • danwatto
    danwatto Posts: 14
    Options
    Yes, was..

It was only when I quit that I was able to get some weight loss because:
    -spending so much time on games I couldn't shop or cook well enough
    -instead of games now I exercise daily, I didn't have time for both if getting enough sleep
    -I get more sleep now so have more energy = better willpower
    -eating while absorbed in a game is bad, as you don't even remember eating or feel the eating
    -winning games gave me a sense of satisfaction and the high of achieving goals, so I didn't need to achieve goals elsewhere like fitness/ weight loss.

Trust me give up video games and your health will improve ;)
  • dirtyd89
    dirtyd89 Posts: 170
    Options
    I do both it's called moderation.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    All my League of Legend people know when it's time to lift I can only BS for so long :P
  • danwatto
    danwatto Posts: 14
    Options
    I do both it's called moderation.

I wish I knew that word, especially when chocolates around!
  • More_Dakka
    More_Dakka Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Yup. Right now I'm playing Tropico 4 on my PC but I have Ninja Gaiden: Razor's Edge coming.
  • N8r8r
    N8r8r Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm a PC Gamer: Mostly play Battlefield: BC2, Planetside 2 (Free for those who are interested), and the Sims.
  • jerknoir
    jerknoir Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Yuuup, shamelessly frittering away my freetime between school, gym, and sleep. Currently running though the Mass Effect trilogy for the 19263846494th time. I like to make workouts around my games, doing a certain move a certain number of times for different actions. So like 10 push-ups for every slip into paragon when I'm trying to be a 100% badass motherfcuker renegade, or put it on Insanity mode and do 20 crunches for every death (hey abs). For some reason though, I always do really well on single player, but the second I try to do multiplayer I'm like a drunk gorilla. unu
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I was till my ps3 for the rlod...
  • seamatt
    seamatt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Yes I like to game when I get the chance.

PC Spec

Intel Core i5 3450
    2GB Nvidia MSI GTX 660
    Samsung SSD Drive
    Silverstone Blk TJ08B-E Temjin USB3 case
    ANTEC Kuhler H2O 620 water cooler
    8GB Corsair vengance DDR3 ram
    2 x 1TB Samsung spinpoint F1 drives
    Asus P8Z77-M Z77 Motherboard
    Windows 7 64bit ultimate
    Logitech G19 Keyboard
    Logitech g9x Mouse
    Creative Sigma Tactic 3D headset.

This is my first dive into water cooling so I could try the amazing Silverstone case. It's half the size of my last air cooled box and so quiet.

I have a PS3 as well, but gave up on Xbox due to its appalling reliability.

Mainly play WOW at the moment, but am on steam as captainsnert
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Yes, was..

-instead of games now I exercise daily, I didn't have time for both if getting enough sleep
    -eating while absorbed in a game is bad, as you don't even remember eating or feel the eating
    -winning games gave me a sense of satisfaction and the high of achieving goals, so I didn't need to achieve goals elsewhere like fitness/ weight loss.

This is so true! I cut back on my gaming time too, because I felt it was affecting my fitness. Everything seems to point to sitting still for long periods being bad for you, and it's easy to get sucked into gaming for hours on end. I still play, but in moderation. But it's something I know I have to keep an eye on.

Anyway, OP, I only have 270 games on Steam so I'm a lightweight! Also quite a lot of gog.com games and a couple on Desura as well. I used to MMO (not a verb, but you know what I mean) a lot, but I've found that's something I REALLY have to be careful with as you can often feel obliged to keep playing for too long if you're in a group. I do still dabble in GW2 or LOTRO as they're free.

Most recently I've been playing The Cat Lady, To The Moon (loved both of those), Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition and Two Worlds (on sale at gog, and more fun than I'd expected), Pharoah (an old favourite, and one I have to be careful not to spend too much time on!). I enjoyed The Walking Dead recently, and looking forward to the new one but will wait for a sale. I may buy Dishonored if I ever see that going cheap. The game I'm really looking forward to is the followup to Planescape:Torment, Tides of Numenara.
  • spiritfire13
    spiritfire13 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me to psn: FrontEmber. I don't do much pc gaming because I don't have the system for it. I am planning on getting back into it by the summer though.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    If only I had the time... I do love video games, maybe when baby girl is a little older.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I used to be hooked on a game called "KIng's bounty" for the nintendo 64.
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Yes, was..

That is all well and good for you but I disagree at the point where you made it advise and claimed it would improve health.

I am a gamer and I have lost 25 pounds. So right off the bad I know I can lose weight just fine without giving up gaming. Now if you are just the sort of person that happens to do some gaming then you might not understand this but I am an actual gamer. I have been a gamer since I was a kid. To this very day I get a youthful excitement at the release of a new game in one of my genres. Asking me to give up gaming would be like asking a diehard Packers fan to give up watching football. Sure it might free up more time for both of us but it isn't going to happen.

I love gaming just as much as that Packers fan loves football. If I am at a convention I will dress up as a character in the same way you will see Packers fans dressed up at a game. I am sure many of us have things in our lives that we could all give up to free up our time for more productive habits and I absolutely recommend against it. We are hear to improve our health and by extension our lives. Don't give up the stuff that makes your life enjoyable simply as a way of extending it. If giving up gaming is no big deal to you then you might consider it but for me and that Packers fan I made up to drive this point home it just isn't going to happen.
  • slap1225
    slap1225 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Yes, was..

That is all well and good for you but I disagree at the point where you made it advise and claimed it would improve health.

I am a gamer and I have lost 25 pounds. So right off the bad I know I can lose weight just fine without giving up gaming. Now if you are just the sort of person that happens to do some gaming then you might not understand this but I am an actual gamer. I have been a gamer since I was a kid. To this very day I get a youthful excitement at the release of a new game in one of my genres. Asking me to give up gaming would be like asking a diehard Packers fan to give up watching football. Sure it might free up more time for both of us but it isn't going to happen.

I love gaming just as much as that Packers fan loves football. If I am at a convention I will dress up as a character in the same way you will see Packers fans dressed up at a game. I am sure many of us have things in our lives that we could all give up to free up our time for more productive habits and I absolutely recommend against it. We are hear to improve our health and by extension our lives. Don't give up the stuff that makes your life enjoyable simply as a way of extending it. If giving up gaming is no big deal to you then you might consider it but for me and that Packers fan I made up to drive this point home it just isn't going to happen.
    I agree with soldier. Giving up gaming completely is a horrible idea for the people that love to game. But I believe most people would agree that a healthy medium is the best option. most gamers choose to game with the time they have outside of work, and taking care of basic needs. Gaming is like watching a tv show, sitting by a fireplace, sitting on the beach, basically any non physical act a person does to relax or entertain themselves.

I dont believe this thread was created to criticize gamers or to make someone feel bad about gaming, it seems to be a thread to encourage gamers to have a good time with eachother while learning healtier habits and losing some weight together.
  • JohnBlazeNY
    JohnBlazeNY Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    PAX East FTW!
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    The one perk of being single, being able to spend **** loads of time. Mainly on the xbox at the moment and have just completed Assassins Creed 3, and started Tomb Raider.

I spend most of my evenings on the damn thing. It's either that or watching sport. Forever alone =[

When you are alone you think it would be better if you were with someone else but trust me it isn't. I am married and let me tell you your time becomes a thing that is shared after you get married. then you have kids and your time gets shared even further. Being married and having kids is way romanticized. The real paradox is I love my family and now that I have them I would never want to be rid of them but on occasion I think how great it would be to just go home and do whatever I want for an entire day. Those days are behind me now and I can never go back. Appreciate where you are at in life now because one day it will be what you want back.
  • Aviation21
    Aviation21 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah! I am a gamer... when I am not working out, repairing something around the house then I trade TV time for gaming. I mainly am a PC Gamer but have an Xbox connect and Wii. There are some good workout games on the Xbox connect.

I am a member of an online squad we have a game against other squads on Sundays for about an hour.

http://www.freeallegiance.org/ completely free and run by the community but has a bit of large learning curve.

I also play a lot of Steam games like Left for Dead 2 and currently working on Crysis 2.

I consider myself one of the pioneers for video gaming... thanks to me and others like me who spent a lot of money on the early gaming system companies realized there was a gold mine in making video games.

I still have my Mattel Intellivision with all the games... every once in a while I get it out my kids think it's fun!

After the Intellivision I went down the Nintendo path... Yes you are all welcomed that I helped prove there was a market for video gaming. Now if I only knew what I did with my Pong! :wink: