I'm warning you (God, Universe, or whoever)

Options
13»

Replies

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I hear your anger and hurt.

I too am in the distress of loss at the moment as I am back home for my mother's final days. My thoughts at this moment go to you and yours. If you ever need a place to sound off, please do, if it can help and ignore the comments that do not help or strengthen you at this time.
    It was quiet here this morning and I finally had the time and strength to return to your thread. May you find beauty, strength and grace in the world around you that will help now.
    I imagine I carry what I consider as my great losses as small hard diamonds within, time has not lessened them, nor made them less cutting and they are precious to me now. Loss has so many facets, reflecting regret, pain and what is missing but also the joy that led to that, our personal attachments and shared moments.

Peace to you.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the loss and pain you are feeling. I'll throw in some prayers for strength and understanding.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    The coolest thing about this thread, for me, is the OP's response - in the midst of her grief - of patience and understanding toward differing opinions. If only more of us could be like that on a good day.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    The coolest thing about this thread, for me, is the OP's response - in the midst of her grief - of patience and understanding toward differing opinions. If only more of us could be like that on a good day.

Seconded!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Amen!
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Bless you - I put a lot of weight on after my Dad died and then I went on this website and one of my friends now helps me train. I have decided that I need to look after my health and be selfish for once.

I wish you peace and good health. Lots of hugs.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • nicarey19
    nicarey19 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hugs. If you need to talk you can message me:) I hope things get better for you.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

You have the best words.

OP, I have suffered a great deal of loss in the last year myself... just this past week we almost lost (another) beloved dog, and the stress of not knowing if he would make it or not has taken a toll on my heart these last few days. Just know you're not alone out there, and it's okay to be sad and angry and just let it all out. What good are friends (even internet ones) if not for being there when you need them.
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Hey Debbie thanks for your post. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hang in there! Know and believe that God will give you the strength to get through whatever He sends you- and go ahead and "yell" at Him- it's good, He can take it. Seriously. And lean on us- we are there for you. I will support you with my prayers, and if I can do anything else for you just let me know.
    kathleen
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

Well said.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel. I watched my mom die back in 2009, lost everything that we had, was basically homeless until my husband (he was boyfriend at that time) allowed for me to move to where we are now, had to leave college, start all over, and then 11 months after that in 2010 lost my grandmother, then almost lost my father after that (he blames me for my mom's death) and then got married in 2011 and had a child in 2012. Between all the moving around, trying to start over in college and everything else, it has finally taken me this long to even begin to understand. Two years before my mom died, my mother in law passed away, so my husband and i both understand.

Mind you I was 20 when my mom died, my husband was 21 when his mom died.

And last year a really good friend of the family, whom I had ran the Komen run for passed away that same week.

I know all too well, but the pain is only managed, it never goes away (for anyone that says it does, you have never experienced it) and holidays stink, but eventually you learn to move on. What you are feeling is completely normal, just take a deep breath and remember that you will heal, but it will take time. :flowerforyou:
  • mommy1126
    mommy1126 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    It's okay to be mad at God. It's your right, and you are right, he will understand : ). You will get through this and find peace. When I lost my Dad, I was angry for a long time. I had not seen him in two years, although we talked often on the phone, and when I got the call to come to him, he was already in a coma. I spent the next two days with him, as his body slowly shut down. So, I understand your anger, it is natural. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other, and know that the memories that bring tears today, will one day be the ones that bring smiles.
  • Jtorres326
    Jtorres326 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE SO STRONG. You let all those negative feelings out. Let yourself grieve, it's okay to be not be okay for a little while. I feel like too many people feel the need to be composed all the time. It's okay to scream, cry, curse, laugh, grieve, memorialize. Love be with you, my dear.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou: DEBBIE :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou:

{{{{ Hugs and please know that you and your family and friend(s) are in my thoughts and prayers...may these words bring a bit of Light and Hope into your heart and mind. I'm so sorry dearheart.... {{{ :heart: Hugs again :heart: }}

“Give sorrow words; the grief that does not speak knits up the o-er wrought heart and bids it break.”
    ― William Shakespeare, Macbeth

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal. ~Ireland

We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey. ~Kenji Miyazawa

Life is eternal, and love is immortal,
    and death is only a horizon;
    and a horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.
    ~Rossiter Worthington Raymond

Oh heart, if one should say to you that the soul perishes like the body, answer that the flower withers, but the seed remains. ~Kahlil Gibran

If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. ~The Crow, written by James O'Barr, David J. Schow, and John Shirley, 1994

The whole world can become the enemy when you lose what you love.”
    ― Kristina McMorris, Bridge of Scarlet Leaves

“In this sad world of ours sorrow comes to all and it often comes with bitter agony. Perfect relief is not possible except with time. You cannot now believe that you will ever feel better. But this is not true. You are sure to be happy again. Knowing this, truly believing it will make you less miserable now. I have had enough experience to make this statement.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln

Unable are the loved to die. For love is immortality. ~Emily D ickinson