Really?

Options
So, here i am all proud of myself, that i have lost 22lbs! And i post a pic on facebook. And someone says..."wish i had time to go to the gym"

Really? I am a SAHM, i clean, cook, stay at home with my son all day. I MAKE time!
I attribute my weight loss, to COUNTING my CALORIES! I make myself go to the gym 4-5 days a week, and sometimes i dont get there until 9pm, but i go anyways! Anyways, some people think its all because someone goes to the gym, when in reality, while you were stuffing your face with a double cheeseburger, (which i do sometimes(calories allotted)) i chose a salad, because its what i could eat with the calories i had for the day. .....
Any who, heres my recent pic : )

4eae13f0-9099-4ab5-a567-b4253cd9a290.jpg

Replies

• canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Nice job! You look amazing.
  • randimarie1125
    randimarie1125 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Nice job! You look amazing.

Thank you! So do you!!
  • samgolod
    samgolod Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    They are amazing photos - and it sounds like you have a ton of self discipline, your mate was clearly jealous which I understand 'cos I want to look like that too!
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Wow - you are inspirational!
  • randimarie1125
    Options
    They are amazing photos - and it sounds like you have a ton of self discipline, your mate was clearly jealous which I understand 'cos I want to look like that too!

Thank you, and i'm not extremely disciplined, lol just really want my bikini back : ) gotta have a good goal, that motivates me : )
  • fluffykitsune
    fluffykitsune Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    the reality is, while they were on facebook posting that comment, they could have been at the gym ;) its just their excuse for not being as strong (physically and mentally) as you.
  • carlysuzanne85
    carlysuzanne85 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! I'm also 5'3" and currently weigh around 138-139 so this gives me a lot of hope and motivation :)
  • Whipppets
    Whipppets Posts: 267
    Options
    Keep it up and who cares what someone says. Tell them you make the time because you are worth it.
  • randimarie1125
    Options
    Wow - you are inspirational!

Awe thanks :blushing:
  • IrenePK
    IrenePK Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    So true! My daughter is 18 and she works out and eats carefully, like you, so I see what you mean...but what a big difference in the pictures, you did great! Congratulations ! Irene
  • randimarie1125
    Options
    Keep it up and who cares what someone says. Tell them you make the time because you are worth it.

I try to tell people, you Have to Make the time, if you have time to be on facebook for 30 minutes, you have time for the gym!! lol
  • felicia8604
    felicia8604 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Wow look how flat your tummy is! Way to go!
  • randimarie1125
    Options
    You look amazing!! I'm also 5'3" and currently weigh around 138-139 so this gives me a lot of hope and motivation :)

It is very possible : ) I started out at 144 : ) Good job so far : )
  • randimarie1125
    Options
    the reality is, while they were on facebook posting that comment, they could have been at the gym ;) its just their excuse for not being as strong (physically and mentally) as you.

Thanks! Thats exactly how i feel : ) if you got time to fb you got time to workout : )
  • randimarie1125
    Options
    Wow look how flat your tummy is! Way to go!

Thank you! Its still kind of flabby, but only when i sit down, still have some toning and tightening to do
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    It is all about making the time commitment for yourself. *( Whatever that time may be). Be it at the Gym, or anywhere else you can get exercise. Outdoors, on your bedroom floor or living room etc.. *( No Gym Needed here).
  • randimarie1125
    Options
    It is all about making the time commitment for yourself. *( Whatever that time may be). Be it at the Gym, or anywhere else you can get exercise. Outdoors, on your bedroom floor or living room etc.. *( No Gym Needed here).

Yep!! On days on dont want to go to the gym, I walk outside! I cant wait for it to get a little bit warmer, I'll be outside everyday with my jogging stroller : )
  • nb219
    nb219 Posts: 1
    Options
    WOW you look great keep up the good work :)
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    You've really worked hard and achieved great success - congratulations! Not being able to go to a gym is just an excuse. I don't go to a gym - I walk my dog every day, workout at home using DVD's, and on weekends we do outdoor activities like bike riding, hiking, skiing, snow shoeing, etc. I also count every calorie. People make time for what they really want to do!
  • paulcocker1
    paulcocker1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    "I don't have time" is the grown up equivalent of "the dog ate my homework"