Calling all TALL women - 5'9" and taller

Options

Replies

• Beleau
    Beleau Posts: 143
    Options
    Hello,

I am 5'9.5" (yes aiming for accuracy...:-)...)
    Current weight 247
    Size varies according to the cut of the style...20-22
    Goal weight 180

Basically have workout schedule plan until the end of 2010...currently walking and doing Turbo Jam...

B
  • bballgrrl34
    bballgrrl34 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am so happy someone did this. I am 6'1'' and I have lost 15 pounds and currently weigh 180 pounds. I wear between a size 10 and 12. I have a goal weight of 165. I am not too stuck on the number more of how I feel and how I look. So, if I am at 170 or something and look how I want then I will stop there.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and when I started MFP in Jan I was 168 lbs (had gotten up to 172 before Thanksgiving). I passed by goal weight of 145 last week with a weigh in of 144.2. I'm toying with the idea of going to 140 because that's what I was when I started college and then maintaining between 140-145. I started as a size 12 and am down to a size 4, depending on the cut of jeans I wear. My primary workout schedule has been P90X classic (currently week 12) with 2 of those days adding an extra hour of cardio/running (1.5-3 miles). After P90X I'm either going to do P90X lean or Insanity.

Good luck to everyone with their weight loss goals!
  • Jlennhikes
    Jlennhikes Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm five-ten and weigh 165 now. I'd like to get down and stay at 160, but I'm doing maintenance now because I lost the drive to diet-diet. I think the tall posters who want to be under 150 pounds have issues :)
  • AtomicLemon
    AtomicLemon Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    So cool to see all of you here! I need the inspiration. Cheers to those of you who have reached your goal and
    also to those of us who are still getting there :flowerforyou:

I just posted some of my "NOW" photos on my profile page .... hopefully in 6 months there will be a nice improvement.
  • AtomicLemon
    AtomicLemon Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Socalmom said:
    I think the tall posters who want to be under 150 pounds have issues :)

Please, lets not get judgmental on this thread ... One thread was closed because of this kind of thing. To accuse people of having "issues" is not kind or productive. This should be a place of acceptance and motivation.

People have various bone structures. I remember being 130 lbs and a being size 6 at that weight. Nothing wrong with a 6. I have a feeling if it was someone who was 5'4 and a size 6, you wouldn't bat an eye. Weight is relative. Please be kind.
  • Andi_Mo
    Andi_Mo Posts: 243
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Congrats on your loss also! I'm 5 feet 11 and half inches tall. I've been here since Feb and I was 231. I'm down to 210 and struggling due to a big move from overseas but my goal is about 190. I've been down to 173 on WW and I looked ill. I know what you mean, it's nice to find other tall women to compare your weight loss to because most women consider themselves overweight at what is normal for us. Good luck and feel free to add me if you'd like. It's nice to have other tall women to relate to. : )
  • Naokoheart
    Naokoheart Posts: 161
    Options
    Hi everyone the name is Gina,but NaokoHeart is just my internet alias.
    I am 5 foot 11 and a half inches aswell! lol
    I used to be 220lbs lost 20lbs away from MFP,but I recorded it on my tracker for motivational
    reasons,I've lost 7.8 pounds on here in total,and I have only recently been keeping a good eye
    on my diary and exercising efficiently over the last 3 weeks since previously I was on and off on the site.

My current pant size is: US: 12 UK: 16
    My current top size is: US: 10 UK: 14

I am aiming for a pant size of: US: 8-10 UK: 12-14
    && a top size: US: 6-8 UK: 10-12

I used SELF.com's Happy Weight calculator and according to the
    calculations,including my activity rate,my decision to include treats and the odd
    bad food into my lifestyle change,body measurements[body frame] and due to not being pregnant/quit smoking/having obesity in the family ever yet,

My happy weight rests at 156.5lbs,unknown to me if this is realistic at all,since the lowest weight
    I have ever been is 190lbs[I tend to fluctuate unfortunately] and have always been overweight,
    Anyway I shall see as my weightloss and body image goes along,I am aiming for that toned slightly athletic look.
  • hallswan
    hallswan Posts: 90
    Options
    Hi, Natalie here -

I am 5ft 11.5 - when I started on here I was 205lbs and now I am 179.5 - so I have lost 26lbs since Jan :happy:

My goal weight is 175 - so I have just realised I only have another 4.5lbs to loose :smile:

When I started on here I was a UK size 16 (top and bottom)- which I think is a US size 12

I am now a UK size 12 on top (US size 8) and a 14 on the bottom (US size 10)

My goal is to get to my goal weight - which I am finding very hard - the lbs are not shifting and get my bottom half to a Uk size 12 (which is going to be hard - I have hips for england) but that is my next goal and then to maintain - Hope to get to there by August this year!

Good luck to all you tallies out there - keep up the hard work - its worth it in the end - I was very happy when I had to ask for a smaller size this weekend :laugh:
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    I'll join...I am 5'9" and currently at 145. My goal is 130, which I have weighed before and been very happy with (I did not look emaciated or have issues-sorry that one comment irked me). Still puts me at a healthy BMI. I have very broad shoulders and hips, and at that weight I am a comfortable size 4. I currently am a size 6/8 depending on the brand and cut. I am doing it slow and healthy, with exercise being my main focus. My highest weight was 207 when I was pg with my 1st son and I was a size 14. Nice to meet you all :smile:
  • kaittx13
    kaittx13 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am proud to say that i am 5'10" :)

Right now I weight about 171 (lost some weight the first week i did MFP.. and then got off track :( and gained it back)
    The heaviest I have been at least to my knowledge, since i def avoided scales for a while was about 195.
    Last summer i got done to 160.
    Right now I am about about a 10 or 12..more toward the 12 at this point.
    I have been a heavy 16 before and glad that i have been able to keep some of the weight i lost off.

But i got to college and my healthy eating and regular exercise seemed to fly right out the window. So i made sure i got back on track this summer!
    Trying to get into last summers shorts (size 8) was very frustratings and I felt as if i let myself down. It was a big slap in the face. I worked my butt off and taught myself the right way to eat and began to exercise but college was such a different life.
    No mom to make sure that I am staying motivated.
    I WANT TO FIT INTO MY FAVORITE PAIR OF SHORTS WHEN I GO ON VACATION WITH MY FAMILY.
    So i want to get back down to about 155-160 and be able to actually maintain it.
    I carry ALOT of my weight in my thighs and stomach. and my face!

My love my friends, but sometimes I get so frustrated. I am the health nut who would rather cook my dinner rather than go out and eat. But going out to dinner is a big way to socialize and i feel like I am missing out on times with friends. So if i end up going, i spend money that i didnt want to.. and feel really guilty. My friends dont have the same motivation i have to go to the gym and excercise. I feel SOO good afterward, but going alone all the time is what i like. BUTTTT my problem is that sometimes i really lack self control! It upsets and frustates me so much! even though i love to eat healthy, if "bad"..espcially sweet food is around i will eat it.

So another goal of mine is to HAVE THE CONTROL AND KNOW "and moment on the lips is forever on the hips" and the craving is usually not worth it.

I love this thread since it is for taller women and sometimes i feel like it is hard to be tall.
  • sngnyrslp
    sngnyrslp Posts: 315 Member
    Options

I love this thread since it is for taller women and sometimes i feel like it is hard to be tall.

Agreed!! Sometimes I wish I were petite haha
  • katiehasen
    Options
    Hi there! I am 5'11 and weigh 250. I wear a size 22. I would love to get down to 150, but really my goal is to fit into a size 10. To me that is the perfect size for me. So once I fit into a 10 comfortably, the actual weight number will be the weight I was meant to be at.

My workout routine is 30 minutes on the eliptical every day, two days a week I do a class called Body Pump, and than I swim 100 laps on Saturdays. I have been doing this routine for 6 months and have realized that its not the exercise of why I cannot lose weight. I joined this about 6 months ago and have now just started to seriously use it now that it is available on my ipod.

I bought myself a pair of pants that will probably be out of style when I fianlly lose the weight, but they are my motivation. Every time I break my diet or don't workout I try the pants on and I leave right for the gym!

If anybody has any good motivation tips please send them my way! I get very unmotivated easily!
  • misslizz6958
    misslizz6958 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    5'9 132 pounds size 3 goal weight 125
  • Jlennhikes
    Jlennhikes Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Socalmom said:
    I think the tall posters who want to be under 150 pounds have issues :)

Please, lets not get judgmental on this thread ... One thread was closed because of this kind of thing. To accuse people of having "issues" is not kind or productive. This should be a place of acceptance and motivation.

People have various bone structures. I remember being 130 lbs and a being size 6 at that weight. Nothing wrong with a 6. I have a feeling if it was someone who was 5'4 and a size 6, you wouldn't bat an eye. Weight is relative. Please be kind.

I guess you didn't get what that smiley was for. But since you raised the issue, this really is a whiny board.

News flash: Having good judgment is a good thing. Being able to discern between good, bad, wise, unwise is one's most valuable asset.

Now, in case you didn't get my poor attempt at humor above, I was teasing when I said that people who want to be very skinny have issues. Maybe MFP will have to start a new category for people who have a sense of humor.
  • krockwell
    krockwell Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm 5'10.5" ... CW is 237.2, started on MFP at 260, which was my pre-pregnancy weight. My highest weight was 278 when I was pregnant with my son (who was born in February)

I wear a size 20 top, and an 18 bottom - both of which are starting to get loose on me!

I'm hoping to meet my first goal of 230 by the 17th of July for my BIL & SIL's wedding! :) I'm only 7.2 pounds off! I CAN DO IT!!

Nice to see all of these tall women striving to be healthy!

Health is of the most importance! :) Best of luck with all of your journeys!
  • krinio
    krinio Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and currently 214lbs. I've lost 4lbs...yay! :) My goal weight is 150 but I'd love to get back to 148 as that was my slimmest. :)
    I wear a size 14 (UK) top and bottom.
  • thatTOPSlady
    Options
    I'm 6' tall, weigh 304, and wear a size 26. :huh:

I was approx 220 when I married, in 1996...and about a size 16/18.
    245 in 1998, when I concieved my first child.
    Approx. 265 in 2001 when I concieved my second child.
    Spent about 5 years at 278.
    Moved to Oklahoma in Feb. 07 and weighed 300.
    Went into depression, gained to 331, and joined TOPS Dec. 2008.
    I am now down to 304 and I'm not quitting.
  • thatTOPSlady
    Options
    I'm 6' tall, weigh 304, and wear a size 26. :huh:

I was approx 220 when I married, in 1996...and about a size 16/18.
    245 in 1998, when I concieved my first child.
    Approx. 265 in 2001 when I concieved my second child.
    Spent about 5 years at 278.
    Moved to Oklahoma in Feb. 07 and weighed 300.
    Went into depression, gained to 331, and joined TOPS Dec. 2008.
    I am now down to 304 and I'm not quitting.
  • tallvanillalatte
    tallvanillalatte Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1 and weigh 250. Just starting on this site today. You all who have lost weight already are very motivating, good job! My first goal is to get to 210 which is where I was when I got pregnant with my first child. I know I'll still need to lose at that point but that's what I'm starting with. I'm a size 18 now.