weight and dress size - ladies

Options

Replies

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm totally stunned by how different all these numbers are for different people! And it reminds me why I hate shopping for clothes. The size I wear depends on the brand I buy.

This. I find that the more high end the designer the less they do what's called vanity sizing (i.e. you mentioned Ralph Lauren specifically as needing a bigger size). In my post I put I was pant size 8, but in most stores/most of my jeans the tag actually reads 6 due to vanity sizing.

Yeah, my Ralph Lauren denim shorts are a US 10, although I could probably just about squeeze into an 8, but my Abercrombie and Fitch trousers are an 8 and loose.
  • nicole_andan
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to you all for responding and being so honest and positive - not a *****y comment out there which is SOOOOOOOOOOOO impressive on any forum post at the moment!!!!!!!!

Just to let you know I do actually take measurements, neck, hips, waist and boobsicles and I have lost 3 inches off my waist and 2 off my hips and luckily none off my bust!!!!!

I also take front and side pictures so I can see the difference in the pictures although I don't post these online.

I think we've all done brilliantly so far and we will continue to do amazingly I'm sure, I'm always looking for a bit of inspiration and motivation and today you've all provided it - you bunch of superstars!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck ladies, keep up the hard work! xx
  • sylv1979
    sylv1979 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I could've wrote this post :)

Im 5 ft 4 currently 185lb and uk 16. Hour glass when I lose this stomach lol.

My goal is 140lb have been this in the past, although was a while ago now. Think I would be happy as a comfortable size 12. Slimmer waist, still retaining boobs and bum but smaller :)
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Im 5'1 165 size 10/12. My goal 145 size 8. Big boobs big tummy... small legs no butt. Lol thats me
  • xscarletXbegoniasx
    Options
    5'7" pear shaped 148lbs size 9
    my current body fat % is 27 I'd like to get down to 20% or 18%
  • LifeChanged2000
    LifeChanged2000 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6", around 188lbs, apple shaped (big around the center, big boobs). Currently size US 14-15
    I want to be 135lbs, firm body, and a size US 5-6
  • Emmielia
    Emmielia Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Im 199lb/ 14 stone. An apple and fit into a UK size 16. Im also 5ft9 i'd love to be in a size UK 12 by November
  • moo1907
    moo1907 Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm 5"3.5 and weigh 158Ibs - size 12 and I think I'm hour glass shaped
  • jak2315
    jak2315 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft. and weigh 112 lbs. I wear a size 2 petite.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5", 115 pounds, size 0-2.
    My goal is 125 - 130 pounds wearing a size 2-4.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    5'3" 179 size 10 Pear shaped
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I weigh 225, and I'm a UK 14-16 in tops, and a 16-18 in bottoms. I'm 5' 7"

My goal is about a 10.. although I'll be happy at whatever weight, I'm aiming for about 140 (but will assess when I get to my goal size).
    Lift. Lift heavy. Rest. Lift some more. Eat more. Maybe add in a bit of cardio just to break things up.

That's my philosophy.
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I weigh 202, and I am a US 12-14 in pants, and M-L in tops. I am 5'4". My goal weight would be about 165ish I guess. It depends on how my body shapes up. Anything below 160 makes me look like I haven't eaten in months lol.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    166lbs, 5' 6", size 6 dress & pants
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" 157-160 size 6 starting to fit into 4s, I just went shopping today in pants. I'm a medium or small in dresses and tops. I'm a total rectangle with narrow hips and smallish chest,with kind of a wider rib cage and shoulders, not an inverted triangle though, thank goodness I still have a curvy butt!
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 7" weigh 241 lbs and am roughly a UK 18
  • Louroll87
    Louroll87 Posts: 21
    Options
    i'm 166ish lbs at the moment (or 11 stone 12ish) 5foot 10 and i've just been able to slip into a size UK 12 pair of jeans :D (US size8!) i'm at my ideal size now (size 12- 12/14 12 on top 12/14 on bottom) all thats left is exercise now as i've lost over 50lbs in 18months :)
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and currently at 145 lbs (give or take a couple, it fluctuates), and I generally wear a size 8. I'm hoping to get down to around a size 2 or 4, and somewhere in the 125-130ish range although throughout this whole process I've kinda been re-evaluating every 10 lbs or so. I realize a size 2(ish) goal sounds like a lot, but I have a very small frame and I'm pretty short, so it's not unrealistic for my body (I've been a size 0 before in my early adult life). Ideally I'd like to get my body fat % down to around 20% and just all around be noticeably in-shape.

ETA those would be US sizes, not UK sizes. I have no idea what that translates to in kg/stones/UK sizing :smile:
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5", 180 and am size US 10 or 11 on bottom and a ladies' large or XL large on top (I have a large chest). I would like to lose about a size on the bottom and I really don't care too much about the top.
  • iiiEllie
    iiiEllie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", 220 pounds, and a comfortable size US 12, med/large shirts depending on boob room.