Replies

• chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    5'8", 135 lbs, US size 4 (jeans 6), shirts S/M
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    5'6" & 135lbs and currently a 6 (us), Small/medium tops, usually small since I have no chest. lol. All depends on the cuts though. I'm creeping towards a size 4 jeans. Dresses I do currently wear a 4 or 6. I'd say my shape is a straighter hourglass, my waist is not super defined. :/
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", 220 pounds, and a comfortable size US 12, med/large shirts depending on boob room.

wow, that's crazy. i am 3 inches taller than you and was an 18W at that size. Just goes to show you how much weight does not correlate with sizes.
  • iiiEllie
    iiiEllie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", 220 pounds, and a comfortable size US 12, med/large shirts depending on boob room.

wow, that's crazy. i am 3 inches taller than you and was an 18W at that size. Just goes to show you how much weight does not correlate with sizes.

Honestly I've always been insanely confused with my weight vs size of clothing I wear. it's been something I've had to figure out my entire life. My mother is 50 pounds lighter than me, and three sizes bigger. It's just confusing as hell haha.
  • Nicole77sweet
    Nicole77sweet Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am an hour glass shape and I am 5 foot 6 and 218 pounds and I was wearing a size 16 pants but those are loosening up. Goal weight is 160 or a size 10.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and weight 142 - I'm wearing a size 6 right now pending on dress. I have a wide upper back (muscles and rib cage) so all fits in the hips really well then have the problem if it's a zip up dress. need one that stretches :)
  • Madaly320
    Madaly320 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Sizes always confuse me because I hear about women 30 lbs heavier heavier than me, but wear a smaller size! I know, I know, we all carry it differently!

Ultimately, I would rather be a smaller clothing size than see weight numbers go down.

I am 5'4" and currently 202 lbs wearing a US size 18 (short or petite) and a Large to XL tops. I would be happy getting down to 12 and smaller. I am an hourglass shape and I swear all of my weight is in my rear, thighs and chest because my actual waist is small in comparison.
  • micabrito2012
    micabrito2012 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    209 lbs, 5'3 3/4", Athletic build or Ruler
    Size 14 Dress
    Size 14 shorts
    Size XL shirts

Measurements 39 Bust, 40 waist, 46 Hips

just so you know when I weight 218 I was a size 18/20 so just 9 lbs made a big difference!!!!
  • No_carbs_before_Marbs
    Options
    I'm 5"9, 140 pound, and a UK size 12. So that will be a US 8 I think?
    I have thin arms and normal legs, but flat chested and butt, with a big stomach. Not sure what that is all about haha.
  • PaperDahlia
    PaperDahlia Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm with you.. health and firmness before a weight number.
    I'm 5' 10".. currently teetering between 229-230 and I wear a size 18 (although this is finally starting to feel loose ;)
    I'm a pear shape, but carry the bulk of my weight in my waist (and having a baby added to that)...

For me, my ideal body would be that of a pro female volley ball player but a little more curvy :)
    But for me specifically, I'd be so happy to be back to 175 right now, and a size 14.
    My long term goal would be 155 and a size 10-12.

You're right...weight and size looks different on each individual person. Everyone carries it differently.. so it's hard to say
    what the best goal is. I always say go with whatever makes you feel most comfortable :)
  • micabrito2012
    micabrito2012 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    209 lbs, 5'3 3/4", Athletic build or Ruler
    Size 14 Dress
    Size 14 shorts
    Size XL shirts

Measurements 39 Bust, 40 waist, 46 Hips

just so you know when I weight 218 I was a size 18/20 so just 9 lbs made a big difference!!!!

*weighed
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    5'2
    size 4
  • Elegra2006
    Elegra2006 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm about 148lbs and have small boobs but a big bum!

I'm a UK 10/12 on top and UK12 on the bottom - however some A-line skirts I'm a size 10 as I find waist sizes are too big, although annoyingly I can't wear pencil skirts as my bum/thighs are too large so they strain the skirt but the waist is gaping *sigh*.

I'm happy with my size generally bit would just like clothes to be a bit loser, especially my slim leg jeans.
  • Jane_1705
    Jane_1705 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Interesting thread.
    I am currently 150 and a comfortable UK 14.
    Want to get back to 140 and UK 12. I am 5'7
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft. 6 in. and right now I weigh 162 and can wear a US 12 or 14 dress depending on the style. I think I would be happy going down one more size to a 10. Not sure if my final goal will get me there or not. I will re-evaluate when I get to 150 and see if want to lose another 10 pounds, but that's as far as I will go. As long as I can shop in regular sized clothing shops and look good in what they sell, I am content.
  • smikulicz
    smikulicz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    5'7" and 132 lbs. Been a US 6 for a while but my pants are quite loose now, so I think I'm making my way to a 4. Sounds like a great excuse for some new summer clothes :bigsmile: I agree with a lot of posts here that strength training does a lot. The clothes are really fitting differently without a huge amount of weight loss.
  • vlmcwilliams
    vlmcwilliams Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Interesting thread.
    I am currently 150 and a comfortable UK 14.
    Want to get back to 140 and UK 12. I am 5'7

Very interesting, I'm 5'7 and used to be UK12 in the hips, UK8 waist and UK10 in the chest at around 158 (is that a pear or an hourglass?), now i'm at 151ish and definitely down to a UK10 in hips and 8 in waist and 8/10 in bust...
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    132.5lbs....5'3".....US 6 or 8
  • verzanie
    verzanie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    in my experience weight has nothing to do with clothes size (to a certain extent) Its mainly your frame- I wear UK size 6 or smaller (US00) and I am not skinny. I'm 5'2 and weigh 119 lbs and have always been small. My mum used to weigh 105 and wear UK size 10 or 12..
  • CatMcCheesey
    Options

I was thinking the same thing! I'm 5' 5" and 210 lbs, US size 18 pants and with a 52 inch bust I'm still in a 1x or 2x top, depending on the brand.