Really?

Options

Replies

• dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    the reality is, while they were on facebook posting that comment, they could have been at the gym ;) its just their excuse for not being as strong (physically and mentally) as you.

^this. my sister in law said about another woman who lost bunches of weight, "oh yeah but she gets to stay home all day and has all that time to workout!" Ummm, i dno? I personally don't know too many SAHM's who have all that bunches of time. Just me, LOL. Seriously tho, your days get filled up fast. Also she and her husband have now been unemployed for a few years and not only do I not see any feverish attempts at job hunting, I also notice no weight has been flying off either of them. Go figure. It actually takes EFFORT apparently. LOL. Putting on my list of things to point out sneakily at next visit, by bringing up that girl with "all that spare time on her hands."

Agreed! I dont personally have all this spare time people think sahm have. My son is 16 months old, into everything 24/7, when he crashes for a nap, im trying to clean up this house before he gets up again to trash it haha! i know when he gets older, i will probably have a little more time, when he isnt getting into literally everything!!

I agree.. generally mom's who have a lot of babysitting support/ can afford child care tend to be the ones who have time to seriously dedicate time to going to the gym and improving themselves. Not everyone has that believe it or not, especially parents who have children with special needs - I happen to be one of these parents and it wasn't until this year when hubby started working from home that I could actually go to the gym. My son needs specialized care and most daycares and gyms don't have it.

Just adding to the train of thought here, good on anyone including myself who can dedicate time to improve themselves but don't pass judgment on other people because they don't have as much time as you. Personally I think if that 'friend''s comment really bothered OP, OP doesn't have to be friends with her. OP kinda sounds high and mighty.. sometimes we need to judge less and empower people more (or let them empower themselves)
  • twoss9112
    twoss9112 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Not being able to go to a gym is just an excuse. I don't go to a gym - I walk my dog every day, workout at home using DVD's, and on weekends we do outdoor activities like bike riding, hiking, skiing, snow shoeing, etc. I also count every calorie. People make time for what they really want to do!

Exactly!! I don't "have time" either. I make it happen.

"Don't have time" usually means "Too many things on TV that I don't choose to miss". Very few people truly have NO time.

I used to say that don't have time business too. And I knew I was full of it. I had a LOT of time then and did nothing. I have a lot less time now (by which I mean I have more things that need my attention now) and I still work it in.

I work in an 11 story building and I'm going to begin a new lunchtime routine this week... there are stairs at the two far ends (of the L-shaped building) up one flight, walk the level to the other end, up, walk the level back to the first end, up, repeat. It's to cold to walk outside for 40 minutes and I get bored (and spend too much money) driving up to the store(s) to walk for 30 minutes so I'm gonna just do it here either before or after I have lunch.

THERE IS ALWAYS TIME for what you really want to do.
  • randimarie1125
    randimarie1125 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    the reality is, while they were on facebook posting that comment, they could have been at the gym ;) its just their excuse for not being as strong (physically and mentally) as you.

^this. my sister in law said about another woman who lost bunches of weight, "oh yeah but she gets to stay home all day and has all that time to workout!" Ummm, i dno? I personally don't know too many SAHM's who have all that bunches of time. Just me, LOL. Seriously tho, your days get filled up fast. Also she and her husband have now been unemployed for a few years and not only do I not see any feverish attempts at job hunting, I also notice no weight has been flying off either of them. Go figure. It actually takes EFFORT apparently. LOL. Putting on my list of things to point out sneakily at next visit, by bringing up that girl with "all that spare time on her hands."

Agreed! I dont personally have all this spare time people think sahm have. My son is 16 months old, into everything 24/7, when he crashes for a nap, im trying to clean up this house before he gets up again to trash it haha! i know when he gets older, i will probably have a little more time, when he isnt getting into literally everything!!

I agree.. generally mom's who have a lot of babysitting support/ can afford child care tend to be the ones who have time to seriously dedicate time to going to the gym and improving themselves. Not everyone has that believe it or not, especially parents who have children with special needs - I happen to be one of these parents and it wasn't until this year when hubby started working from home that I could actually go to the gym. My son needs specialized care and most daycares and gyms don't have it.

Just adding to the train of thought here, good on anyone including myself who can dedicate time to improve themselves but don't pass judgment on other people because they don't have as much time as you. Personally I think if that 'friend''s comment really bothered OP, OP doesn't have to be friends with her. OP kinda sounds high and mighty.. sometimes we need to judge less and empower people more (or let them empower themselves)

First and formost, sorry about your child, i couldnt imagine.
    Second: I dont think i am HIGH AND MIGHTY, this post wasnt even turned in that direction. Its not judgemntal, when my entire post was directed at counting calories. I can be the busiest person in the world, and not eat that double cheeseburger. I know the person, and they can go to the gym or walk outside, they choose to go out to the bar, and waste their calories away.
    Third: let us not, pass judgement, as you did on me! I do my best to empower people, and help them ever chance i get, i am a very pay it foward person. Maybe if your read my OP, you would have seen that, but rather than sit here and say YOU THINK YOUR HIGH AND MIGHTY, ill simply say have a good day.
  • randimarie1125
    Options
    Oh ya, and by the way, this POST wasnt about how my life is as a SAHM!! Dont jusge SAHM or working moms, everyone, has there own lifestyle, and amount of things they do. Dont sit here and say oh must be so nice, to sit around and do nothing, because if thats what you have to say, you obviously havent been in my shoes!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    So, here i am all proud of myself, that i have lost 22lbs! And i post a pic on facebook. And someone says..."wish i had time to go to the gym"

Really? I am a SAHM, i clean, cook, stay at home with my son all day. I MAKE time!
    I attribute my weight loss, to COUNTING my CALORIES! I make myself go to the gym 4-5 days a week, and sometimes i dont get there until 9pm, but i go anyways! Anyways, some people think its all because someone goes to the gym, when in reality, while you were stuffing your face with a double cheeseburger, (which i do sometimes(calories allotted)) i chose a salad, because its what i could eat with the calories i had for the day. .....
    Any who, heres my recent pic : )

4eae13f0-9099-4ab5-a567-b4253cd9a290.jpg

Nice job...

Most people put all of there weight loss stock into exercise...guess that's the way everyone has been programmed...gotta hit the gym for a gazillion hours. Reality is with the right kind of diet and just some exercise, you can look phenomenal. Unfortunately, it's just way easier for people to make excuses than actually change anything about the way they life their lives.
  • NHoughton13
    NHoughton13 Posts: 303
    Options
    "I don't have time" is the grown up equivalent of "the dog ate my homework"

I love this. I used to be one of those people. But when I took a hard look at myself, I have all kinds of time.

Good for you, you look great. Congrats on the upcoming bikini season!!!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    You look great! I don't understand the problem with the Facebook comment. Maybe that person wishes it were easier for him or her to get to the gym. Are people really so thin skinned that anything other than all out praise is taken as a slap?
  • lilncbrat
    lilncbrat Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    If you want it bad enough, you will put in the work. _ Jeanette Jenkins
  • kean18
    kean18 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Don't listen to the jealous haters. I was a stay at home mom for years, and I have to say. It is harder to find time to go to the gym. You ALWAYS have your kids with you. Where people that work outside of the home. Already have babysitters and can stop on their way home from work.
  • charliemarie923
    charliemarie923 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Just being a stay at home mom would be workout enough for me! LOL
  • randimarie1125
    Options
    You look great! I don't understand the problem with the Facebook comment. Maybe that person wishes it were easier for him or her to get to the gym. Are people really so thin skinned that anything other than all out praise is taken as a slap?

It was more aggravating, because if i dont generally have something positive to say, i dont say it at all. but thats just me i guess
  • randimarie1125
    Options
    You look amazing. Don't listen to the jealous haters. I was a stay at home mom for years, and I have to say. It is harder to find time to go to the gym. You ALWAYS have your kids with you. Where people that work outside of the home. Already have babysitters and can stop on their way home from work.

Thank you! I dont even bother to argue with people anymore. I dont have a sitter i can call at any time, and I'm very fortunate to have an amazing bf. But there are days he dont get home until 8-9pm, and I'm worn out from playing, cleaning and chasing him around, but i still go. I cant just be like oh im ready to go to the gym, Unless they would let me take him with me, which they dont. I have him 24/7, and it is very hard sometimes more than others to even get out of the house to go grocery shopping let alone go to the gym
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options

It was more aggravating, because if i dont generally have something positive to say, i dont say it at all. but thats just me i guess

But it isn't a negative comment, at all. It's a neutral comment.
  • randimarie1125
    Options

But it isn't a negative comment, at all. It's a neutral comment.

I can personally tell you, this said person, it wasn't negative, it was just unnecessary, because i didnt lose the weight, by going to the gym. I lost the weight, by counting my calories.
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Just post this and then they won't say anything...

485942_519857038057169_184588960_n.png
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options

It took me a few times to figure out how to get the picture to show up, but I think it's hilarious!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Great work! You look awesome! Screw the jealous *****es.
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Id say you have achieved it
  • randimarie1125
    Options
    Great work! You look awesome! Screw the jealous *****es.
    :flowerforyou: