What has been the MOST successful for you?

Options
13»

Replies

• Laura42012
    Laura42012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Counting calories but increasing my protein. I may not stay in my macros but my goal every day is to have more protein than I do carbs with low fat.
  • liftreadphilosophize
    liftreadphilosophize Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    most helpful: tracking calories
    second most helpful: lifting weights (the heavy ones)
    third most helpful: getting up and moving in some fashion every day and learning to love it
    fourth most helpful: allowing myself cheat meals and cheat days without feeling guilty
  • Number_6
    Number_6 Posts: 3
    Options
    I wear a fitbit to keep track of my daily activity and make sure I'm logging in plenty of steps and flights of stairs. I have the app loaded on my phone, which is synched with my MFP app. I now track everything, keeping my calories in check. I have one treat meal a week, usually at one of my favorite restaurants, when I will go ahead and have a glass or two of wine and order whatever I want off of the menu, as long as it's reasonable.

I've been at it for 3 weeks, and I'm down 6 pounds. I'm about to add in some more strenuous activity and weight lifting.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    - realizing food is not the enemy; not cutting out any particular food or food group and not feeling guilty about eating - ever.

- weighing food and counting calories

- moderate deficit; eating a lot

- giving my body credit for what it's capable of; quitting the negative self-talk

- continually upping my game physically
  • MichaelBrewer2634
    MichaelBrewer2634 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Best thing in the world is eating tons of calories, and burning them off every day. It's not always possible, but it is what's given me the best results in the past. Makes you muscular, and lean.
  • Stepmom1
    Stepmom1 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    South Beach diet worked great for me. Then I moved on to Beachbody programs like P90X and some similar and that has been the best ever. I am fit and don't have a problem keeping my way at a consistent number. So, I have found a way of healthy eating and exercise to keep for life.

:flowerforyou:
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Correct calorie goal, sticking to 40/30/30 macros, and eating as clean as possible yet not depriving myself too much. Oh and heavy lifting. Can't forget that.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Avoiding foods my body doesn't tolerate very well, using a kitchen scale, counting calories, strength training, moving around more in general, sleeping more.
  • millphils
    millphils Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Counting calories, period. During weight loss phase, maintained a strict 1,750 calorie budget of food I would normally eat. Calories burned during exercise were not credited into my budget. Lots of peanut butter and yogurt. High intensity interval Bootcamp/Cross Fit training 5-7 times per week.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Clean eating, focusing on macros, greek yogurt to help me meet my protein goal, lifting heavy and eating extra calories to ensure I'm fueling my body properly.
  • traceyleighgirl
    traceyleighgirl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Biking. I found an exercise I truly, truly enjoy. From there, it was easy to focus on counting calories. Now I make sure to eat a lot of protein in my snacks, and eat slowly!
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Counting calories and just making better choices and smaller portions. Pretty simple for me. Don't eat fast food, stop all the snacking...etc

And exercise is walking/jogging and then throw in the 30 day shred
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!